andycolgan

New items

I was thinking to myself about what other stuff could be added to make the game more immersive and came up with a few suggestions.

Generator

- Requires gas cans to run, but has pretty good fuel efficiency.

- used to power other objects (see below)

- takes up a large amount of space in inventory

- generally considered a group activity (moving and setting up)

- generates some noise but not loads

Flood light (flood light on top of a tripod is already in arma 2)

- place near a generator to use

- good for lighting up a massive area, place on top of a hospital etc

Wire fence kit (already in game)

- place near generator to make electric fence

- slowly kills zombies that get too close

- does a decent amount of damage to players but not anything like a one-shot death

Batteries

- NVGs, GPS, flash lights, radios (see below), flash light, thermal and NVG weapon attachments all require to use.

- long battery life but kind of rare to find.

- makes high tech gear less OP but still decent, learn to use only when you have to etc etc.

Radios (I love ACRE and all but for DayZ something more simple and not needing to be on a third party voip program would be better so...)

- 1 type of radio

- 5 preset channels you can flick between

- everyone on a the same channel and is within range of each other gets added to a group, you can now in-game voip or text chat on the group channel

- radios should be rare

- channels are not secure

- possible static radios in airport ATC towers and military vehicles?

Just my ideas, take em or leave em.

• Like 1

Generators could be carried like in a backpack but only the really large one or dragged like an unconsious player

Lights will need light switches on them and have a limit on the amount of devices used on them re-chargeable battery's but a charger is needed and I suppose I should bring up and idea of my own. Bayonets would be good and un-mountable/re-mountable sights/flashlights on guns and knifes as secondary weapons and panniers on bicycles to alow more load on them but not much say 15-20 slots per bike

If you touch anything hooked straight up to an A.C. generator, the circuit breaker will trip before it will kill you. At least it's supposed to. And those petrol or diesel powered bad-boys are LOUD AS FUCK

There's no way in hell you're lifting one of them. You'd have to tow it.

(4 years sparky experience)

I've never played ACRE, but I know radios would kick ass. I think Rocket mentioned adding them already (I may have imagined it)

Batteries too.

But yeah, we need more toys to play with.

Some of those ideas, are ideas rocket has mentioned for possible inclusion to the SA at perhaps a later date. I can see the benefit of this, I would love ot walk through Cherno at night with street lighting on.

Let the fuel wars commence!