MrSliff

Cessna Airplane as new Vehicle

Hey guys!

Was just thinking about an option for faster Travelling with 2-4 players...

Because theres only a helicopter for travelling by air, it would be a great idea to add an airplane like the cessna or something equivalent for travelling.

Every dayz map has 3 or more airfields and u could maybe use the same parts for repairing, like the ones you use for normal vehicles...

Engine parts, glasses, wheels and fuel tank (i think rotors wouldnt work in an airplane :D, maybe the engine parts work like engine and propeller parts)

Dont know if the cessna is included in main arma, but i think it wouldnt be such a problem to implement this airplane in one of the coming patches for dayz (dont know how much work it is)

here a example, the colors should be swithched, 3 or 4 players fit in this plane

arma2oa2011072120074927.png

would be such a fun to discover dayz from up above with that ;)

y in cherna map, but look @ panthera...

you have 6, 7 airfields there, smaller and bigger ones

huh thought ive seen a small airport @ middle of the map

Edited by MrSliff

But they are so slow, we have one at our DZ and it takes like 45 minutes to go up to 3k meters :P

Get a new cesna :D

What does it matter? Bear in mind that not only does DayZ aim to achieve a realistic vibe, but airfields are usually home to aircraft... I think that light civilian aircraft should be an option; specifically the Cessna. Maybe just one per server.. If you're gonna allow helicopters with chain guns attached to the side of them, then it's pretty retarded (imo) to not include unarmed small planes.

• Like 2

uit wasnt the idea to get from balota to krastonav in 1 minute :D

its as mzltv said: we have airfields for planes, but there are only helicopters for use

u can use another plane, but it shouldnt be bigger than a cessna

its the best plane for private travelling with less people

Edited by MrSliff

its as mzltv said: we have airfields for planes, but there are only helicopters for use

However... I can see the counter-arguement.

There's only (really) 3 places for a clean take-off for a Cessna, which is the three main airports. Unless during implementation, they revised the map to find places where an alternative take-off would be possible (say a field, or valley), then it'll be a little bit of a madhouse when it comes to people trying to rush to the airstrips to get the plane first..

Edited by mzltv

Mabye once we have the bigger map with Chernaru Plus they might be somewhat useful, but even then their uses would be very limite. Though I guess the more choices you have, the better so I don't really see any point that would speak against putting them in. Shouldn't be too much work to port them over.

You can land in 3 places? ha I could land everywhere with cesna or an 2.

youtube.com/#/watch?v=FSaP9-E2F64&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DFSaP9-E2F64&gl=PL

Performed by me on Su-25 (in the end of the video)

Edited by Born to be Wild (PL)

:D okay, but the video link doesnt work...

but right there should be more off-locations with a landing strip, doesnt have to be a tarmac strip, some dirt strips maybe