WalkerDown (DayZ)

Admin cheating on US 1108 (Zombie Apocalypse Gaming)

You can see in the linked thread the admin of this server admitting of using a server side cheat to spectated any user playing on his server:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/103490-community-releases-spectate-modedayz-developers-delusional-no-admin-tools-for-standalone-dayz-hard-to-hack-they-say/

He claim to use the cheat only to discover other cheaters (lol) and to not abuse of its usage. Without considering the hilarity of his statement (imagine if any cheater out there would admit to use a cheat but only because he wants to play as "police" and catch other cheaters) but he's even encouraging the usage of that cheat.

You can see in the video how he can:

- follow any player in the server;

- find any vehicle in the map;

- know the weapon of anyone in the map;

- etc.

He can eventually share the information with his clan: basically it's an ESP on steroids! ...but he's doing it only to find other cheaters! lol

PS: he can do anything he wants on his server, but he shouldn't have place on this forum honestly.

I play on this server and I can assure you Maxx does not cheat. He can observe people to ensure they are not hacking. That is all this tool is used for. Personally I want to play on a server that has active admins who keep track of people and make sure they dont hack. I suppose you enjoy hackers on whatever server you play on, I however am fairly confident that Maxx's server is fun to play on and well watched after for hackers..

Nice try on the reporting though....Hey this guy is making sure he has no hackers....LOL thanks for a good laugh

Edited by kimmie331
  • Like 3

You can see in the linked thread the admin of this server admitting of using a server side cheat to spectated any user playing on his server:

http://dayzmod.com/f...-hack-they-say/

He claim to use the cheat only to discover other cheaters (lol) and to not abuse of its usage. Without considering the hilarity of his statement (imagine if any cheater out there would admit to use a cheat but only because he wants to play as "police" and catch other cheaters) but he's even encouraging the usage of that cheat.

- etc.

He can eventually share the information with his clan: basically it's an ESP on steroids! ...but he's doing it only to find other cheaters! lol

PS: he can do anything he wants on his server, but he shouldn't have place on this forum honestly.

What a joke. I made a post about admins having the power to admin their servers with the new Spectate Tool and he calls me a cheater and runs in here to make a post. Your a sad little man. I use that tool to keep cheaters off of my server. Sorry but I used to run a public server that got over run with cheaters. I had to shut down both my public servers because there was nothing I could do to stop the cheating. I love how you make this post with no proof. Why don't you come over to my server before spreading lies about me ?? I'm going to report you for lying. Just so your clear on this I hate cheaters and hackers and people that lie like you just did in your post with no proof you make accusations. You are just as bad as a hacker and a cheater.

Edited by Maxxgold
  • Like 3

http://dayzmod.com/f...-hack-they-say/

- etc.

Hey Einstein, you do realize that Admins can already do these things with existing tools don't you? I'm all for Spectate mode, I've got nothing to hide. It all boils down to whether or not the Admin is cheating, not what tools they use to do it, simply having Spectate mode on his server does not make him a cheater.

I've been playing on his server for a few weeks now and he runs his server on the up and up. I've had no problems being mysteriously found, nor have any of my vehicles been found, tents are all intact, no gear stolen, etc.

You should really refrain from bad mouthing a server or admin without having actually experienced playing on their server and encountering issues.

• Like 2

I use that tool to keep cheaters off of my server.

You admit (again) to cheat to make sure others doesn't cheat. So anyone can do the same here.. i can run the Navigator to make sure other won't teleport around me! lol

You admit (again) to cheat to make sure others doesn't cheat. So anyone can do the same here.. i can run the Navigator to make sure other won't teleport around me! lol

700 posts and Troll is Fail. The laugh is on you. Lmao at how sad you are. Wow

http://www.tunngle.n...-spectate-tool/

Edited by Maxxgold

Can you spy any player on the server? Yes or not?

If the answer is yes, the next question is: why any other player that is capable of spying other players (ie: ESP cheat) is considered a cheater, while you should not? Are you spcial or what?

These are my reason.. you can ignore the fact and blabbling until the next year, but you didn't gave us any reason of what makes you different than any other cheater.

Bye.

If the answer is yes, the next question is: why any other player that is capable of spying other players (ie: ESP cheat) is considered a cheater, while you should not? Are you spcial or what?

These are my reason.. you can ignore the fact and blabbling until the next year, but you didn't gave us any reason of what makes you different than any other cheater.

Bye.

dlox2b.jpg

The guy owns the server, and wants to police it because of all awful the anti-cheat is (fact), and you think he's a cheater for doing this?

Once you realize how hard it is to run a server (you won't because you are the all-inclusive leech) you'll understand why this tool is necessary.

From your asinine attitude, I would go so far as to accuse you of being a cheater who is scared of this tool and it's potential uses.

Edited by Winston The Ripper
  • Like 3

Bye.

It is not a cheat, you can not shoot or do anything whilst in spectate. Just so you know as well, Dwarden, one of the Battleye admins for DayZ & Arma created this for official hives. The private hive version is based off the Vanilla version for Arma.

This is an awesome tool as you can psychically watch people, which makes it impossible for hackers to hide from it, even when invisible.

• Like 2

Its not cheating to just watch others to make sure they arent hacking. Especially when you don't use it to your advantage. How can you accuse someone who is trying to keep a server hacker free of cheating. That is the lamest thing Ive ever heard. How is he cheating. He doesnt go find people who he spectates nor does he tell anyone where they are at. I think you should make sure you have your facts straight before you accuse someone of cheating.

• Like 1

Thank you guys for the support. I didn't even know that Dwarden was one of the Battleye admins. I knew that he was responsible for the original code for the spectate tool and that Pwnzor0r finished the code so those of us with Bliss servers could use it. Crosire went one step further and implemented into his Control Center. I also knew that Battle Eye approved it. This guy has some kind of mental issue. He is now following me from thread to thread calling me a cheater for keeping my server free of cheaters, go figure. Can a moderator please deal with this disturbed individual?

• Like 1

If your goin to call him a cheater for trying to admin his servers. Then you might as well do the same to SurviveDayZ. We have a spectate script and its the same one as what Maxx uses. Its hard enough trying to keep an eye out for hackers, but when an admin can watch users in act. It makes it so much easier than trying to look through logs.

• Like 1

People like this give me a headache..

Would you rather play on a hacker free server with an admin that takes active interest in keeping it hacker free, or on a public server where anything goes?

As admins we barely get a chance to play because our time is taking up making sure your game experience is smooth and free from hackers.

Even when there is nothing wrong people need something to whinge about..

Edited by Woodo
  • Like 1

People like this give me a headache..

Would you rather play on a hacker free server with an admin that takes active interest in keeping it hacker free, or on a public server where anything goes?

As admins we barely get a chance to play because our time is taking up making sure your game experience is smooth and free from hackers.

Even when there is nothing wrong people need something to whinge about..

^^^^

FREAKING THIS!!!!

My players ask me all the time when I play, and my answer is always "I don't have time." Got the spectate mode running and it's fan-*******-tastic.

Banned a guy today who teleported his chopper with him in it. Didn't show in the logs, would never have known without spectate. Banned another guy who logged in, I check people I don't recognize, watched him put on a ghilie not three feet off the beach, then an AS50 TWS appears in his hands. I checked the database, and it wasn't showing!

Decided to have a little fun with this guy. Told him "HEY LOOK OUT BEHIND YOU!" He turned around frantically looking. I yelled "LOOK OUT THERE'S A HACKER! OH WAIT, IT'S YOU!" and banned his sorry ass.

Anyone that thinks admins are "cheating" or "too powerful" has never tried adminning one of these godforsaken servers. Sure, there are bad apples and people are going to abuse it. Don't play there. Simple as that. Or go play on a hive with no active admins.

Idiots.

• Like 1

Figures, first post and I have to throw down on an idiot. Not sure what a mong is, but if it = moronic imbecile, I'll buy that. In the immortal words of Forest Gump: "Stupid is as stupid does".

WalkerDown: here's a clue for ya for free, and this by the way is real world knowledge, not some pie-in-the-sky 'he said she said' bs.

It's not up to him to prove his behavior to you or anyone else, in regards to how he conducts himself with that tool, on his server. It's on you, to provide the burden of proof in regards to his behavior, if you find it suspect. So far, all I've seen is unfounded semantic diarrhea pour fourth from yon pie-hole, and it's a bit disturbing. The end result of that sentence really indicates: Put Up Or Shut Up. Show Proof: Or GTFO. Simple as that. For the record: He uses therefore he cheats is not an argument worth spewing, let alone listening to.

Sometimes I think that IQs have dropped by 50 + points in the past two decades for the majority and it's freakin' me the hell out. You're unfortunately (for you) a prime example.

Maxx: As soon as I get some time to do so, I'll be popping into your server, and see if I can't get ambushed by (and maybe even kill) some bandits that ain't hackin'. Keep up the good work. But do try to get some play-time in man, all work and no play will make life real annoyin'. :-}

Tora

• Like 2

esp? haha.... whatever... think you need to understand what one of them is, it certainly is not what you think they are.

Every private server owner already has functions in place to track cheaters, there are various methods.

Spectate modes have been out for along time, it's just this one recently got updated for server owners.

Not all server owners are bent you know, believe it or not they are paying for a private server setup because they got sick n tired of official servers where you can't walk 5 minutes without being teleported to the beach by a script kiddie.

• Like 1

The admin tool is and can be used by DayZ Mod admins on they're own private servers. All the relevant info has already been discussed and I'm now locking this thread because there's nothing more to add to the debate. The public can make their own mind up, but please note, many admins use the spectate tool.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 2