mindspike

SWABS 300+ Vehicles | Custom Crash Sites | 24/7 Daylight | Starter Gear | Veteran | 99% Hacker Free

I had the same problem, came across this server about a week ago and never got it due to the fact it wasn't listed on commander.

Will give that a try as well now, thanks.

I had the same problem, came across this server about a week ago and never got it due to the fact it wasn't listed on commander.

Will give that a try as well now, thanks.

Let me know if you have any trouble!

• Like 1

Really like this server, only had problem with a hacker but was dealt with it seems. Apart from that, really enjoying this.

Edited by RJTurneR
  • Like 1

Really like this server, only had problem with a hacker but was dealt with it seems. Apart from that, really enjoying this.

Thank you, database is now being backed up every 30 minutes in case of a mass hacker killing I can do a rolling restart.

Lmao 20mins in and admin says hes the one who killed me. Deuces with this

Admins are players too, they don't have any special skills or anything, just playing the game like everyone else.

Stevie, was you online last night? If so, what was up with the guy who was called "Radio" and kept talking in side chat, as if he was hosting a radio station. Innocent fun I guess, but it's a little bit distracting when a guy is in side chat every 30 seconds for about 2/3 hours.

He'd be better off with a YouTube channel for that sort of thing. Kind of like that Cherno Journo. Anyway, this is actually THE best server I have played yet. Lots of vehicles which is nice. Plus there is always players on.

Keep up the good work! Will you be hosting a server when the stand alone comes out?

• Like 1

Stevie, was you online last night? If so, what was up with the guy who was called "Radio" and kept talking in side chat, as if he was hosting a radio station. Innocent fun I guess, but it's a little bit distracting when a guy is in side chat every 30 seconds for about 2/3 hours.

He'd be better off with a YouTube channel for that sort of thing. Kind of like that Cherno Journo. Anyway, this is actually THE best server I have played yet. Lots of vehicles which is nice. Plus there is always players on.

Keep up the good work! Will you be hosting a server when the stand alone comes out?

No, I wasn't on for that sorry. I agree, he should go to youtube, maybe he will become famous haha.

I'm not sure how the stand alone server will be or how much they will be. I'll look into it for sure!

Thanks for playing at SWABS!

awesome server, even though I cant get any meat from animals! But nice to see rank 184th!

• Like 1

awesome server, even though I cant get any meat from animals! But nice to see rank 184th!

Yeah, I've had this problem on almost every server that I've played on lol. Usually the way I get the meat is skin it, then stand up and hit ESC, move around the animals for a little bit until you find the spot that will give you the meat.

Edited by stevieterry

was a good server, until my friend got banned for killing 6 people, including a few admins, 2 times, watching them teleport, comeback with a complete load out of gear. bad server , gay ass admins who abuse there power.

"99% Hacker free" That's a clear misconception. Theres been at least 5 hackers over a 2 day period. Multiple times. I've played this server for 2 weeks. I just cant stand walking an hour to NWAF, then a hacker teleporting to me and shooting me.

"99% Hacker free" That's a clear misconception. Theres been at least 5 hackers over a 2 day period. Multiple times. I've played this server for 2 weeks. I just cant stand walking an hour to NWAF, then a hacker teleporting to me and shooting me.

We can't stop them from joining, but we do our best to catch and ban. It's this way with every server. Sorry you feel this way.

WOW. WOW. This is the worst server EVER. I got globally banned, not for hacking, no, for saying "This chicken needs to be globally banned." I'm so mad right now. Word of advice to everyone, DON'T PLAY ON THIS SERVER, UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE BANNED. This is just great, so now I have to buy a new key for trying to be funny. The best part is that you can't be unbanned. Great job, admin.

huh, thats funny cause I haven't had any issues or seen anyone have issues when I have been on

WOW. WOW. This is the worst server EVER. I got globally banned, not for hacking, no, for saying "This chicken needs to be globally banned." I'm so mad right now. Word of advice to everyone, DON'T PLAY ON THIS SERVER, UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE BANNED. This is just great, so now I have to buy a new key for trying to be funny. The best part is that you can't be unbanned. Great job, admin.

Well considering server admins can't globally ban or have anything to do with being globally banned it's pretty much pointless to post that. You get global banned from Battle Eye, not from servers.

Could an admin make me spawn as a soldier skin with some sort of gun perhaps an m16 or mp5 or pump shotgun and a revolver and some medic supply's so I can go round helping people and shooting zombies?

I think letting survivor volentears become admin approved cops/medics/soldiers/pilots/bus drivers/soup kitchen operators would be awsome but only if they spawned with the appropriate equiptment for the role I would enjoy a soldier/cop job in a jackal or hummer or land rover or police car or a good old bicycle

I hope you like this idea because by the time people are geared up enough to do these tasks normaly they are it her bandits or too worried about getting shot

that would defeat the point of the game if you give stuff away to people for basically "jobs"

its a survival game, thats it

SWAB SQUAD

SWABS Private Hive was created 10/28/12. We are already in the top 300 servers, almost 200!.

Come join us!

Over 130 Vehicles+ all around the map

Custom air drops (med boxes, etc)

Custom Crash Sites

Side Chat

Fast Load Times

Always Daylight

Start with a pistol, 1 Mag, Knife, Map, Compas, Box of Matches

4 Restarts per day to keep lag down and keep it daytime

Veteran mode, no name tags

99% Hacker free

Database Backup every 30 minutes in case of hackers

Gotcha-Anti Cheat running 24/7

Like us on facebook! We will be doing contest for in game items here soon.

www.facebook.com/DayZSWABSquad

Name: SWABS Private Hive 300+ Vehicles | Custom Crash Sites | 24/7 Daylight | Starter Gear | Fast Load Times |

Connection Info: 199.241.184.34:2322

Hey friend, fellow admin from another server here. Got some info for you:

• Assuming your resetting time using your servers system clock, stop it right now. This messes with logs and various things in your database can go wonky if you mess with that time/day too much. Manage your daytime by forcing it via mission.pbo or server.pbo modifications. Especially if your running Bliss this shouldn't be very difficult and wont break anything. Manually changing the system time can cause a lot of problems. The least of which is making logs harder to read. Lots of issues can occur in the database and relevant cleanup scripts and so on. Do it with pbo edits instead and it wont cause problems.
  • Don't rock 150+ vehicles or 300+ vehicles or whichever it is. I know it sounds fun but the issue is that if there are a lot of vehicles active on the server at the same time you will get serverwide desync problems. I can't understate this enough. It is no fun at all when every player on the server has red bars for 30 seconds, then 5 seconds of ok gameplay, then yellow/red bars on every player again. Better server hardware wont make any difference with this problem, its related to the server software. The best alternative is to have like 500+ possible spawn points with a global vehicle cap of 100 or less. Give the spawn points lower odds so vehicles spawn in a staggered somewhat random fashion every restart across all spawns. This will also increase playability for your players (because they will be finding new spawn points for a long time).
  • Enabling crosshairs also enables the scroll wheel-rangefinder and it also enables mouse-over-player nametag display. This is a veteran server, just my recommendation that you disable them and tell people to aim down their gun sights (right click).
  • Don't advertise 99% hacker free (we whitelist at BMRF and we can't even claim that). Just advertise that you have a lot of active admins policing the server.
  • Warn people about walking into debug land. As long as you got Gotcha Anticheat, if a player walks off the map they will be teleported up into the air and die as a result.
  • (more of a suggestion here) get a website or forums online. There are many different kinds of forum software out there you can use that are completely free.

You can't get globally banned for actions on a private hive server. You are globally banned for something you did somewhere else or you downloaded something which stole your cdkey and a hacker got you globally banned - you don't have to try and download hacks to get your cd-key stolen either it could've been any number of things. Some installers for Lingor island stole cd keys at one point.

Edited by Mrdk
  • Like 1

Awesome server. Is there something which makes Mararovs spawn everywhere? Because I am finding around two per building.

Servers great.. Just needs more players. :(