Sign in to follow this  
scouski

2 Problems: Brightness/Gamma & Combat/Abort

Fear not, this is not a rant.

I would have posted this in the bug reports forum but it appears it's just on my end.

Firstly, I remember a while back when the brightness and gamma were patched so you could no longer adjust them for an advantage during night play. My brightness and gamma are still adjustable post patch.

Secondly, the recent 1.7.3 patch that disables the abort button during combat is not disabled for me.

I do not use either of these as they ruin the experience. I'm curious as to why these things are not patched for me. Is anyone else having this problem and what could the problem be?

Well, this probably isn't the issue considering you sound like a smart enough guy, but it's all I can think of assuming you're 100% sure you've got it installed correctly.

Maybe the server you've chosen hasn't updated to 1.7.3? I know quite a few haven't, including a couple on my favorites list.

But good luck man.

Edited by Wallace

Well, this probably isn't the issue considering you sound like a smart enough guy, but it's all I can think of assuming you're 100% sure you've got it installed correctly.

Maybe the server you've chosen hasn't updated to 1.7.3? I know quite a few haven't, including a couple on my favorites list.

But good luck man.

I'm pretty sure it's not that. I'm using DayZ commander and it's worked fine so far.

Here's a screenshot of Commander; up to date as you can see. As far as I know you can't actually play on a server without the same patch.

Edited by Deda

I'm pretty sure it's not that. I'm using DayZ commander and it's worked fine so far.

Here's a screenshot of Commander; up to date as you can see. As far as I know you can't actually play on a server without the same patch.

Well - I dont suppose it could have anything with the fact that you are running on an outdated beta patch? As I said, really don't know whether or not it matters.

(I have noticed that the DayZCommander thinks the 98220 is the latest beta patch, but rather it is the 98443 which can be downloaded at this link: http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php/)

I thought you could play on previous patches even if you had the current release. I'm not positive at this moment but I honestly thought you could.

Well - I dont suppose it could have anything with the fact that you are running on an outdated beta patch? As I said, really don't know whether or not it matters.

(I have noticed that the DayZCommander thinks the 98220 is the latest beta patch, but rather it is the 98443 which can be downloaded at this link: http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php/)

That beta patch is being used by pretty much every server you look for, not to mention the brightness & gamma problem I'm having was fixed in a way earlier beta patch that the current one I'm using.

I thought you could play on previous patches even if you had the current release. I'm not positive at this moment but I honestly thought you could.

That was my impression as well. Patches were backwards compatible.