Sign in to follow this  
Om Nerabdator

Dayz Night time playing

Ok so i tried reading up on playing dayz at night and came up with nothing except for throwing a flere, NVG or a torch.

My screen is PITCH BLACK like i cant see shit, makes no different messing with gamma or brightness...

Then i was playing with this guy the other day and it was nighttime and he was kind enough to lend me his NVG cause apparently he could see where he was going pretty good even though i couldnt see shit except for the sky!!

Does it have something to do with my computer? i own a asus i7 2.2ghz or is this totally normal(cant see how though i should be able to see aswell as him!!)

At night, it will be pitch black. Putting your gamma and brightness to max will allow you to see outlines of everything clearer.

Don't put gamma all the way up, it looks fucked up. If you put it on about 1.3 you can see and everything still looks relatively normal.

Also, the nights are supposed to be as dark as they are. They made that a factor in the game-world. Pre-mornings are supposedly the darkest of the hours, so you should be good as far as sight goes past dusk hours and before midnight.

Use your flashlight. It makes the game a little easier at night, and if you can find flares (though they're nooby) They can also be a huge help when looking in cities/looting at night.

If you can get your hands on a pair of NVG's don't hesitate to take them - I personally think they're the most useful item in the game. :)

I love playing in the dark, i always use a chemlight to do my looting at night.

Even at pitch black nights i am able to navigate, or with the flashlight or a flare or my chemlights.

Don't you think it is way more creapy at night, i love it.

At least people without thermal or NV's can not see you in the dark.

Use flares!!!

People dont like using them.

There actually really helpful as long as you stay out of the direct light!

My screen is PITCH BLACK like i cant see shit, makes no different messing with gamma or brightness...

Its night time?! jk...

When its night time give it 30 seconds or so, eyes need time to adjust. I notice this when swtiching between NVG/light. Then look up into the sky if you can see clouds and stars nothing is amiss, it's just night time. Settings of gamma/brightness between 1.1-1.3 is enough to see a little more clearly.

Don't slide it all the way up to cheat! That's for pussies! Night time dayz is so good, my favorite way to play! People frown on flares but throw them everywhere and move along the edge of the light. So damn fun...

Edited by Trizzo

i have abgsolutely no problem to see at night

ever

if its a "pitch black screen" it means:

1. server settings are fked up

OR

2. there are cloud on the gdamn sky blocking the moonlight

otherwise i can see perfectly fine at night

no need for nvg flashlights or other stuff

and no i didnt tweak my game in any way

gamma n stuff is all on default

the only thing you schould do is set HDR to max

Here's what I've found...

If it's pitch black no amount of messing with Gamma / Brightness helps. I can't see "outlines" of anything. All objects are pure black with no outlines and all blend together making the world one big black blob. Only thing I can see are the sky and the sea. It's great that it works for some people but it doesn't work for everyone.

Dusk is actually really neat. It's dark enough where zeds don't aggro so easily yet everything is quite easy to see. I don't know at what time it gets so dark that everything is black. Personally I think it's kinda boring though. Zombies become absolutely no threat.

Flashlight sucks because it's practically useless inside small buildings. Whenever you get too close to a wall it focuses down to a worthless little dot. They are kinda neat outside buildings as they give you a pretty good area of visibility. Zeds aren't attracted to them but players are!

Flares are neat; they light up a pretty good area. Zeds seemed to be interested in them like smoke grenades. However players can see them from a long distance and it attacks them too... usually the unfriendly type =)

I actually avoid night most of the time. I play it now and then to change it up but I've never had as much fun as I do during the day. Day time is more of a challenge and the advantage of NVG is dampened. What I've noticed is a lot of people loot at night because it's much easier.

The Duriel has got it you all say u can see but if hes got HDR lighting on normal he cant see even with gamma an brightness up full. Turn your HDR lighting to max settings and gamma to 1.5 if its that dark and you should be able to see things clearly without the headache that 2.0 gamma gives you if not ur fooked XD