hpmon

Should i make a base, or not?

So after having DayZ for a while, still being relatively new to the game I decided that it might be about time to make a base. I was lucky enough to find an ATV although it was in pretty rough condition it still worked. The ATV had a decent amount of gear on it and this is were my problem elevates. I don't have enough room to carry all these goodies but don't want to leave anything as these items are very useful. The items on the ATV include an AS50 and a silenced gun (I forgot the name) I'm already carrying a DMR which I need for night time but don't have a big enough backpack to take it all!

So I'm asking you guys, should I make this base with a few camping tents I found to keep all these goodies safe?

Or should I drop some of these things and carry on my adventure?

Thanks

if you have friends use them as pack mules (i do) but never trust a stranger. if you cant find any one then drop useless gear, you only need 2 primaries at the most, and if you do make a camp try to find somewhere out of sight but still secure.

GB-UK Private hive - home to the dead horse with party hat clan

• very friendly admins, with no admin abuse guaranteed
  • low ping
  • gmt-6
  • difficulty - veteran
  • Active admins always to keep hackers at bay
  • 125 vehicles
  • server may become pw protected once we have enough players to do so
  • SERVER AUTO RESTARTS EVERY 6 HOURS with several warnings

Details removed, user warned for spamming threads and creating multiple topics to advertise his server.

Fraggle xxx

Edited by Fraggle

Entirely up to you. It depends on your play style.

Personally, I prefer setting up a camp because I am not a fan of having to completely restart every time some hacking troll decides to destroy me. But, some people are into that.

• Like 1

I guess I'm still newish (playing for a month now) and I have my own camp so hopfully I can offer some starting advice for you...

Do not get to attached to your camp & gear. The game is still alpha/beta so sometimes all the contents of your tents can vanish as has happned to me twice. Apprantly a server reset can respawn it so leave tents where they are if it does happen.

Remember to always "Save old tent" after you place it and put your load into it.

Keep an eyes on the free slots (you'll just have to count) as if you put an item into a full tent said item is distroyed!

Tents stick out like a sore thumb so don't place them on the edge of the woods. Go further in.

http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/Tent

• Like 1

So... me and my friend found 2 cars wich is more than I've ever found. The cars are stuffed with guns, car parts, fuel and food. We really want to make a camp but the cars are really slow off roads so we cant make it that far into the wilderness. How far is safe? For example how far north from Skalka, Petrovoka or Gvozdno? I really dont want my shit to get taken :(

Ichmet, nowhere is going to be safe. There won't be any guarantees, and probably eventually, your camp will be found. I mean there are entire clans who do nothing but fix helicopters and go tent hunting. Just hide it the best you can, avoid the outer edge of the map, because it's where everyone looks, and hope for the best.

• Like 1