street

DayZ siginicant change....

Good day fellow DayZ players....

I am aware what the content of my post I am about to cover has already been mentioned on more then one basis. Meaning behind it is with a number of community responses of the same topic would lead to change for the better and what players probably want.

Please if possible avoiding flaming, trolling or unconstructive input lets just keep this clean and tidy.

1• I am an incredibly shallow human being and will be the first to admit it lol... but a variety of lootable suits would add just that extra flair to the game keeping players happy, catering to their individual taste. I find myself getting incredibly bored of the survival start up suit as well as the camo suit. I have Ghillie suit to switch between game plays when it comes to pvp'ing or mixing it up with few survivors. But its just lacking for me without that variety of cosmetic wear change.

2• The Humanity system is just flawed and isnt working at all... There has to be a system where players have the option to choose their role. Instead of a gender selection there should be a role selection. SURVIVOR or BANDIT, I have read that alot of players are objective to this motion due to the fact it will destroy the realism of the game when it comes to player trust. I sadly disgree on every level of this. By choosing the role of whome you choose to be the trust issue is actually far more in question, if I find myself playing as a bandit and I encounter another bandit I am for one certainly gonna shoot first and not ask questions later. playing the role of a bandit makes it far more difficult for you to trust any other bandit unless its a friend of yours that you know on a personal level. Some would say in question "but players would choose survivor just to shoot you in the back then" which is exactly that does that mean you can trust a fellow survivor then? It will keep on constant alert and if a survivor was to nail you from behind he/she will immediately be turned into the role of a bandit. Just because of the humanity system so flawed I find myself in a flame and troll fest with players claiming the only reason they look like a bandit was out of self defense then rather of it being a choice. It will still hold a true element of trust in this game without a doubt and just avoid a lot of players raging and cursing ingame, forums and over teamspeak.

3• Zombies aka Zeds aka Walkers are nothing more then an annoyance then anything else. I got Arma 2 to play DayZ cause I loved the fact it was a survival horror finally attracting my luster of gameplay, but it has been anything but that. I am finding DayZ more of another immersive platform of Death Matching then an actual survivor horror game. There is far to many KoS in the game then there is groups of people working as a cohesive unit to survive. Every1 is trying to come up with relative solutions to this matter, because players aren't valueing their lives its all about PvP hunting. The real solution to amend this problem is this, Zombies need to be deadly an encounter with a zombie needs to be death. With all your cliche movies and books one thing every zombie movie, novel, comic book and stories is that an encounter with a zombie is immediately death. One scratch, one bite and one slight dna transaction from a zombie to you is a result in death. DayZ needs to somehow make zombie survival in this game truly that. One hit from a zombie or 2 should lead to death immediately considering there is no infection system in dayz. by doing this players would gather and work as a cohesive unit in looting towns and taking unwanted risks valueing their lives alot more then what it is now. If I die in DayZ (which is result of a player never a zombie) I am not phased by the matter I know I can run past zombies into a city or town and loot up as quickly as possible to venture my way back where I left off hunting fellow pvp'ers. The game to me just feel another excuse of a pvp situation and no hint of PvE survival at all. its just evolved players not really working as a team cause they dont need too unless its again towards pvp'ers. Zombies need to be the real highest threat in the game then fellow players, so far players are the only threat in 99.9% of the time in all situations.

4• Debug menu has to go if we want this to be a true real simulator of survival you shouldnt be able to see exactly how much blood you have. You also shouldnt be able to see how many dead/alive zombies in the spawned area. its giving away players where someone is hiding in a town those who are on the hunt only for players traveling in a helicopter or car will immedately see a town with spawned zombies considering traveling faster on foot doesnt spawn zombies in towns unless u hang about for a minute. This is also a massive problem for bambi's who are on the hunt from idiots with a thirst for blood who will kill any1 and every1 just because they bored. its causing alot of problems and I am seeing this happen to alot of players loosing out who have day jobs then those of kids who have nothing else to do during their day except play DayZ looting up all day and fixing any form of transportation. the players spend more time avoiding lil kids with blood thirst for players of any kind they just log off after an hour or 2 not being able to get anywhere in the game and spending it avoiding idiots who get their jollies off killing bambi's then that killing players well kitted out. Debug menu is a clear give away to other players and its somethig that should be looked at or completely removed.

anyways fellow DayZ comrades if any offence was taken from this post I do apologize before hand and hope this tiny eye opener on ways of improving this tremendous game to be a true survival horror to its best.

farewell....

1• I am an incredibly shallow human being and will be the first to admit it lol... but a variety of lootable suits would add just that extra flair to the game keeping players happy, catering to their individual taste. I find myself getting incredibly bored of the survival start up suit as well as the camo suit. I have Ghillie suit to switch between game plays when it comes to pvp'ing or mixing it up with few survivors. But its just lacking for me without that variety of cosmetic wear change.

There won't be any 'suits' in the standalone as I understand it, clothing system is being worked on and your character will be fully customizable. Shirts, pants, everything will have individual items you can wear, so no more 'suits' or at least they won't be the main thing hopefully.

4• Debug menu has to go if we want this to be a true real simulator of survival you shouldnt be able to see exactly how much blood you have. You also shouldnt be able to see how many dead/alive zombies in the spawned area. its giving away players where someone is hiding in a town those who are on the hunt only for players traveling in a helicopter or car will immedately see a town with spawned zombies considering traveling faster on foot doesnt spawn zombies in towns unless u hang about for a minute. This is also a massive problem for bambi's who are on the hunt from idiots with a thirst for blood who will kill any1 and every1 just because they bored. its causing alot of problems and I am seeing this happen to alot of players loosing out who have day jobs then those of kids who have nothing else to do during their day except play DayZ looting up all day and fixing any form of transportation. the players spend more time avoiding lil kids with blood thirst for players of any kind they just log off after an hour or 2 not being able to get anywhere in the game and spending it avoiding idiots who get their jollies off killing bambi's then that killing players well kitted out. Debug menu is a clear give away to other players and its somethig that should be looked at or completely removed.

Rockets ultimate goal is to have no UI whatsoever, so don't worry about that.

3• Zombies aka Zeds aka Walkers are nothing more then an annoyance then anything else. I got Arma 2 to play DayZ cause I loved the fact it was a survival horror finally attracting my luster of gameplay, but it has been anything but that. I am finding DayZ more of another immersive platform of Death Matching then an actual survivor horror game. There is far to many KoS in the game then there is groups of people working as a cohesive unit to survive. Every1 is trying to come up with relative solutions to this matter, because players aren't valueing their lives its all about PvP hunting. The real solution to amend this problem is this, Zombies need to be deadly an encounter with a zombie needs to be death. With all your cliche movies and books one thing every zombie movie, novel, comic book and stories is that an encounter with a zombie is immediately death. One scratch, one bite and one slight dna transaction from a zombie to you is a result in death. DayZ needs to somehow make zombie survival in this game truly that. One hit from a zombie or 2 should lead to death immediately considering there is no infection system in dayz. by doing this players would gather and work as a cohesive unit in looting towns and taking unwanted risks valueing their lives alot more then what it is now. If I die in DayZ (which is result of a player never a zombie) I am not phased by the matter I know I can run past zombies into a city or town and loot up as quickly as possible to venture my way back where I left off hunting fellow pvp'ers. The game to me just feel another excuse of a pvp situation and no hint of PvE survival at all. its just evolved players not really working as a team cause they dont need too unless its again towards pvp'ers. Zombies need to be the real highest threat in the game then fellow players, so far players are the only threat in 99.9% of the time in all situations.

DayZ is foremost a Survival Simulation, the 'Zombies' are just there to make the thing a bit more interesting. The game is really what the people make it and that is currently a PvP Deathmatch and to be honest, there really isn't much else to do at the moment. The Standalone will hopefully change that.

2• The Humanity system is just flawed and isnt working at all... There has to be a system where players have the option to choose their role. Instead of a gender selection there should be a role selection. SURVIVOR or BANDIT, I have read that alot of players are objective to this motion due to the fact it will destroy the realism of the game when it comes to player trust. I sadly disgree on every level of this. By choosing the role of whome you choose to be the trust issue is actually far more in question, if I find myself playing as a bandit and I encounter another bandit I am for one certainly gonna shoot first and not ask questions later. playing the role of a bandit makes it far more difficult for you to trust any other bandit unless its a friend of yours that you know on a personal level. Some would say in question "but players would choose survivor just to shoot you in the back then" which is exactly that does that mean you can trust a fellow survivor then? It will keep on constant alert and if a survivor was to nail you from behind he/she will immediately be turned into the role of a bandit. Just because of the humanity system so flawed I find myself in a flame and troll fest with players claiming the only reason they look like a bandit was out of self defense then rather of it being a choice. It will still hold a true element of trust in this game without a doubt and just avoid a lot of players raging and cursing ingame, forums and over teamspeak.

That really makes no sense at all. What you're suggesting is the same as the humanity system now but simply that you can choose wether you start as a bandit or not and that you're turned into a bandit immediatly when you kill someone instead of ahving to kill multiple people. By the way, the humanity system is also being reworked and maybe even going to be abandoned in the standalone.

Would you have bothered to do some research you might have found out about that yourself.

• Like 3

number 2 makes alot of sense I think its you that clearly isnt understanding the concept at all, besides if ur a survivor and team kill a fellow survivor it immediately turns u into a bandit the humanity system isnt working at all.... And regarding the research I aint interested in the stand alone game my concerns are regarding the mod at this current time being. please get ur facts straight...

this is for the mod not the standalone. if you had read it carefully u would of grasp this concept.

Edited by Cougar

Err, regarding issue number 4 I haven't played using the Debug menu since the last update.... With regards to issue number 2 I think many people including the devs understand that it's not the best solution. It was introduced to test different mechanics, that's what the mod is for. Now that it's being handed over to the community modders expect to see many changes to this in the future. As for the idea of selecting Survivor or bandit for a new character, I hate the idea. DayZ is much more complicated than that, for many people it's not a straight up choice of being either and it's these subtleties that make the dynamics of the game so interesting, that's why the system (and your suggestion) is flawed currently.

Edited by Fraggle

this is for the mod not the standalone.

Uhm.. the mod is not going to be supported anymore. At least not as much, it's been given over to the community to develop further if I've understood that correctly. Maybe for future reference you should refer to the Mod as 'DayZ Mod' because 'DayZ' is supposed to refer to the standalone. Again if you'd have done some research you might have known that and avoided this 'misunderstanding.

And I still claim that your second suggestion about the humanity system makes no sense. It's exactly the same and provides absolutly no solution to the problem.

Uhm.. the mod is not going to be supported anymore. At least not as much, it's been given over to the community to develop further if I've understood that correctly. Maybe for future reference you should refer to the Mod as 'DayZ Mod' because 'DayZ' is supposed to refer to the standalone. Again if you'd have done some research you might have known that and avoided this 'misunderstanding.

And I still claim that your second suggestion about the humanity system makes no sense. It's exactly the same and provides absolutly no solution to the problem.

From what i gather from the community no1 is referring to the standalone as DayZ its still considered Standalone til that times when the game is released... no1 is playing the standalone game so yet its not relevant to be referred to as DayZ.

Your entitled to ur opinion but the fact remains the system is flawed and many ppl would prefer the choice of survivor or bandit at this point in time to prevent some issues concerning players. but hey if u had done ur research and read the same forums from what i am seeing here you would know this..

I guess once a flamer always a flamer.

Err, regarding issue number 4 I haven't played using the Debug menu since the last update.... With regards to issue number 2 I think many people including the devs understand that it's not the best solution. It was introduced to test different mechanics, that's what the mod is for. Now that it's being handed over to the community modders expect to see many changes to this in the future. As for the idea of selecting Survivor or bandit for a new character, I hate the idea. DayZ is much more complicated than that, for many people it's not a straight up choice of being either and it's these subtleties that make the dynamics of the game so interesting, that's why the system (and your suggestion) is flawed currently.

doesnt change the fact other players still use debug, the fact u dont use it is strictly a personal preference. and for it not being a straight up choice i believe is where your wrong. many players are killing players just strictly on the basis they want to be a bandit. I know i have done so myself. i am not sure what dynamics u are talking about there is 2 kinds of players ppl who want to work as a group or players who want to kill for the sake of killing. I thought this game was that of PvP and PvE and so far its been nothing more then PvP.

anyways this post was for nothing but a constructive debate and soluctions and the only thing i have seen is personal perspective taste in the game in the responses not to mention a guy completely retaliating in his posts due to a lack of a social life and with selective reading constaly referring to the standalone game, a game that hasnt even been released yet.

Edited by Cougar

TBH if you're going to open a thread making suggestions you need to be prepared for those suggestions to be criticised. I believe you're wrong in presuming that people either want to be a bandit or a survivor. From personal experience having played with many groups for hundreds of hours and having read hundreds of posts discussing the subject I can safely say it's not as simple as bandit versus survivors.

It's just my opinion and it's no more valid than yours so try not to be so offended.

Edited by Fraggle

Your entitled to ur opinion but the fact remains the system is flawed and many ppl would prefer the choice of survivor or bandit at this point in time to prevent some issues concerning players.

Uhm... I never said the system isn't flawed, don't know where you get that. I only said your suggestion doesn't change a thing. And claiming 'people want this' doesn't make it true. Maybe that's what you want, but I'm sure there are many others that do not want that.

Oh and using the good old 'get a live' or 'you don't have friends' trying to insult someone is just making you look bad really.

From what i gather from the community no1 is referring to the standalone as DayZ its still considered Standalone til that times when the game is released... no1 is playing the standalone game so yet its not relevant to be referred to as DayZ.

Rocket will be referring to DayZMod as "DayZMod", and DayZ Standalone will just be "DayZ"

I heard somewhere that this guy might have something to do with the community. :huh:

Skip to 3:30

http://youtu.be/r32ACVv_mZE

EDIT: That's from a month ago. Most people who have an interest in the development of DayZ would have watched this already.

Some nice bits of info in there too.
Edited by Chabowski
  • Like 1

TBH if you're going to open a thread making suggestions you need to be prepared for those suggestions to be criticised. I believe you're wrong in presuming that people either want to be a bandit or a survivor. From personal experience having played with many groups for hundreds of hours and having read hundreds of posts discussing the subject I can safely say it's not as simple as bandit versus survivors.

It's just my opinion and it's no more valid than yours so try not to be so offended.

I have made my suggestions and possible solutions also relating to hundreds of hours and playing with many ppl and different servers. what you believe and what i believe is obviously 2 different things neither of them are wrong or right but still doesnt change the fact is ppl would like the option.

offence or not maybe better choice of words would lead to a better understanding to your posts so that way they wont be misinterepted as a negative remark :) all is good and well...

Uhm... I never said the system isn't flawed, don't know where you get that. I only said your suggestion doesn't change a thing. And claiming 'people want this' doesn't make it true. Maybe that's what you want, but I'm sure there are many others that do not want that.

Oh and using the good old 'get a live' or 'you don't have friends' trying to insult someone is just making you look bad really.

Vice versa kiddo ;) your responses have been nothing but negative and hugely direct u offered nothing constructive or valid and the only answer to any solution was ur referal to the standalone version not taking into account that the game isnt even currently played yet by the ppl... instead of immitating a Simon Cowell version on the forum why dont u be more helpful towards others and offer a direction of valid information or input instead of insulting them cause of open suggestions..

be more postive instead of negative and maybe a post wont turn into a flame war.

I consider all suggestions that should be paid attention to for the Standalone. The mod needs and is taking a backburner to the SA version, as it should be. I can't throw my money at the screen fast enough for it.

But, let's wade into these, shall we?

First, I want to put out how I dislike how you willingly made a thread that contains content from other threads. You're rehashing several already talked about threads, and it's always better to put a spread of posts into existing ones, then create a new thread entirely.

Anyway.

Your first suggestion.

Already talked about at length, implemented in some of the private hives. I approve of more things to wear. But this shouldn't have been mentioned, as it has been talked about more than enough.

Your humanity system suggestion.

Again, this has been talked to death. This has no bearing on the Standalone, as we don't know if the humanity system will even be in it, and if it is, this isn't an important enough, or necessary, addition. I know you mentioned these suggestions were for the mod, but I'm going to put them in the context of the standalone anyway, because the mod won't be seeing some love for a while.

This improves nothing at all, except making a pointless choice at the beginning of your spawn. It is the same concept as the already existing system, and does nothing to help it or expand its flaws. I can easily just pick survivor, or bandit, and do the opposite actions to get to the other side of the spectrum, with no bonus or deficit to my gameplay. As Fraggle pointed out so succinctly, it's not just survivor vs bandit. Play a different game if you want to pick sides. DayZ is about how you want to play, whether that means shaking the remains of some poor sap off his rucksack, or skulking about quietly while you loot your necessities from buildings.

As it is, the humanity system is flawed, as already mentioned. If you shoot someone who is shooting at you, but hasn't hit you, the game cannot discern the difference, and you lose humanity.

There is nothing to be gained from making players have an arbitrary choice.

Your zed suggestion.

Once more, the zeds have been discussed and we all want them to be leaner, meaner, scarier, lumbering infected beings of death and destruction. You didn't put down what's wrong with them, what could be fixed on them so they're harder. So that whole big paragraph is your opinion and not a suggestion other than 'hey, make this harder.' I don't agree with you on an infected zed killing you with one swing of its arm. That's not realistic by any means, unless the thing hits you in the neck or a vital area hard enough to do so. Bites aren't going to kill you, not from infection at least. Scratches, bruises, broken bones, ditto.

And the debug menu is a server option, so I thought. And I haven't played with it in ages.

Before you respond to this, note that I don't particularly care for your suggestion, but I'm free to do so, and you responding like you have towards James up there won't end well for you, and most people who read you defending your position like a whiny, enraged teenager isn't going to help anyone view your post in a positive light.

Also, please, for our sanity and so I can spend time giving my two bits on more original and constructive threads, use the search function, badly tagged as the majority of these threads are, and post in older, relevant threads.

And please. Add details to your suggestions. They are bland and come across as 'add x to the mod because y'

-Riem.

Edited by Riem

I'd love to see a 'classic zombie' mod for DayZ where 1 bite means you slowly die and become a zombie yourself. I wish I wasn't so clueless when it comes to coding. :(

I consider all suggestions that should be paid attention to for the Standalone. The mod needs and is taking a backburner to the SA version, as it should be. I can't throw my money at the screen fast enough for it.

But, let's wade into these, shall we?

First, I want to put out how I dislike how you willingly made a thread that contains content from other threads. You're rehashing several already talked about threads, and it's always better to put a spread of posts into existing ones, then create a new thread entirely.

thats why i said what i said in the beginning of the body of my post. ;) if it frustrated u or angered u i do apologize but i gave warning before the actual post and u were more then happy to continue reading it or ignore it and disregard it completely...

anyways moving on i get a sense of feeling alot of ppl are nothing but bitter and hostil and some1 immediately judged why? because he posted a topic that has been repeatedly discussed. i gave my meaning to why i am retackling these suggestions made by previous ppl.. the more word of mouth from the players the more likely chance of see these suggestions implemented into the mod.

this a great game and i do love it such a pity ppl get bashed and battered by strictly a mere suggestion and solution just makes every1 look uncivilized and sleep deprived. DayZ team keep up the good work and looking forward to the stand alone game anyways not in here to flame war with certain individuals.. peace out see you in game... :)

Edited by Cougar

I don't think we're all going to be running around in suits when the world ends.

I do agree that zombies should deal more damage, but take less damage to kill them. Also in some places theres way too many of them, they should have a way, way lower spawn rate. Then if rocket decides to make them deal more damage it would be balanced out more.

Should the debug monitor be removed? Well I guess that's debatable, I guess for some players the only reason they play DayZ is so they can show off how many murders they have. But if you remove that, then it might divert players from unessisary killings of bambies and players who arnt a potential threat.

It would be churlish for me to merely dismiss your entire grouping of suggestions merely because you stated you have posted nothing original.

So I read on, in the hope, which was apparently vain, that you had something workable and original. I was disappointed, so I detailed what was disappointing.

Your post was bland. It stated nothing new at all, nothing I'd not read, anyway, and had no substantiating of your opinions beyond your own ponderous puffing smoke. No details as to what could be fixed, no details as to what you were wanting to suggest. I'm talking specifics here, not the broad idea itself.

You reacted to honest criticism with an overly sensitive air, have horrid spelling and grammar, and have done nothing more than give me the outlet in which to flex my fingers. Good day.

• Like 1

Vice versa kiddo ;) your responses have been nothing but negative and hugely direct u offered nothing constructive or valid and the only answer to any solution was ur referal to the standalone version not taking into account that the game isnt even currently played yet by the ppl... instead of immitating a Simon Cowell version on the forum why dont u be more helpful towards others and offer a direction of valid information or input instead of insulting them cause of open suggestions..

be more postive instead of negative and maybe a post wont turn into a flame war.

And here I though you couldn't possibly sink any deeper. Guess I was wrong.

Of course my response has been negative, how else do I express my 'negativity'(me not liking them) towards your suggestions?

u offered nothing constructive or valid

That's just.. like... your opinion man... <- like a wiser fellow than myself once said

instead of immitating a Simon Cowell version on the forum why dont u be more helpful towards others and offer a direction of valid information or input instead of insulting them cause of open suggestions..

Well I have no idea who that is but I'm sure your comparison falls flat in any regard. Not sure where I have 'insulted' anyone but I certainly haven't insulted you, not intentionally but instults are a very fickle thing.

I'm not a lickspittle, I say/write what I think and I don't care wether it hurts your feelings or not.

Vice versa kiddo ;)

Of course you naturally couldn't go without another internet stigma. Everyone who's got a different view than me, either has no 'social life' or is a kid. Because I mean, kid's and social cripples opinions are invalid anyway. Yay me! I'm so superior!

Thank you for your contribution to the interwebs!

I love how you get all rude when people don't agree with your suggestions.

You should check out the search feature or just read these forums more often because everything you suggest has been mentioned like 100 times. Several times in the last few days.

Your option to choose your role is silly. Most bandits will choose survivor and then blast you in the face.