Sign in to follow this  
atmawpn89

All around difficulty getting DayZ to work

Eyyyy everybody, I have a problem with DayZ. After about 3 months of flat out not playing it because of the awful community, I decided 'Hey, Why not!' after playing the GTA: San Andreas DayZ. Now, here is the problem. I can't update ArmA 2. I tried and it said 'Wrong CD key' Then I tried again yesterday and I didn't get the 'Wrong CD key' message, but It didn't actually update anything since it still says I'm on 1.62. Whenever I try to join a server it says I can join, it just says 'Dependent on missing content that has been deleted .chernarus' Or something along the lines of that but I can load the chernarus map quiet fine in regular ArmA 2. Also, DayZ commander says I don't have ArmA 2 installed when I obviously do since I can play the bloody game. Any suggestions would be welcome and if I've already tried one I will state so. And its not my computer because this is the same computer I had 3 months ago that I have now.

The rush of people is awful. When everyone thinks of ArmA 2 as more of a mod for DayZ, that's where I draw my line.I only blame the people who made it incredibly popular to the point where its pretty much competitive ArmA 2 multiplayer but with zombies. I only blame the idiots. Not you, just the idiots, For example, an idiot from school said 'EYY YOU GOT DAYZ? IT GETS ME SOME SERIOUS SWAG POINTS #YOLO' then I say 'Yes,' then he says 'OHH YEAH MAN SWAG ARMA 2 SUCKS THO!' that makes me hate everyone in the community.

Eyyyy everybody, I have a problem with DayZ. After about 3 months of flat out not playing it because of the awful community, I decided 'Hey, Why not!' after playing the GTA: San Andreas DayZ. Now, here is the problem. I can't update ArmA 2. I tried and it said 'Wrong CD key' Then I tried again yesterday and I didn't get the 'Wrong CD key' message, but It didn't actually update anything since it still says I'm on 1.62. Whenever I try to join a server it says I can join, it just says 'Dependent on missing content that has been deleted .chernarus' Or something along the lines of that but I can load the chernarus map quiet fine in regular ArmA 2. Also, DayZ commander says I don't have ArmA 2 installed when I obviously do since I can play the bloody game. Any suggestions would be welcome and if I've already tried one I will state so. And its not my computer because this is the same computer I had 3 months ago that I have now.

You could try using Arma II Free if you are having CD key troubles, although really you're in the wrong forum, you're not at the "Day Z doesn't work" stage yet lol. Maybe try the actual Arma forum? Or wait for the standalone :-D

You could try using Arma II Free if you are having CD key troubles, although really you're in the wrong forum, you're not at the "Day Z doesn't work" stage yet lol. Maybe try the actual Arma forum? Or wait for the standalone :-D

No CD key troubles, It updated just fine a few months ago. and it is a DayZ problem. I can load chernarus just fine in regular ArmA, its just DayZ which seems to have the problem.

How do I revert back to 1.7.2.6.

Play withSix updated me to 1.7.3, but now I can't get on the server I main on.

Yeah I would seriously consider trying DayZ commander, all you need is a fresh install like the guy above said, download it and it will do the rest, it's pretty painless.

DayZ Commander also allows you to downgrade with ease @Causarious.

Actually, I've reinstalled around 5 times. That includes ArmA 2, ArmA 2: OA, DayZ, 6 updater, DayZ commander, All of it. so thats no solution.

Dayz commander is the worest launcher for dayz,I suggest you use a different launcher

DayZ commander isn't my problem. DayZ simply won't work no matter what I use. I can play any of the maps in vanilla ArmA 2 but not in DayZ. Also, ArmA 2 just won't update it stays at 1.62 when it should be at 1.9834983204823098 or whatever long number the newest version is.