Maxxgold (DayZ)

Community Releases Spectate Mode

Right, that's why all public hacks are currently detected and the most popular private hacks out there are busted every few days. Facts please?

Admins can use whatever addons/scripts they want on their servers, as long as they load them through the game and not inject them like hacks. The entire game is based on scripts at its core, so using such a tool via legitimate means provided by the game (modding) can't technically be considered cheating.

WalkerDown, I must say, I have followed these forums for a long time and I'm amazed by your constant pure negativity towards BE. I invite you to send me a list of arguments of why BE is the worst anti-cheat software out there (apparently that seems to be your opinion) and I will gladly respond to every point.

Good post. Yeah trying to talk sense to that guy is a waste of your time. Battle EYE does what it can. It's not BE's fault the game developers did a horrible job with security in Arma2

OP - Here's the post I was referring to where Rocket talks about giving Admins tools on the future: http://dayzmod.com/f..._20#entry960506

And guess what? It's on another thread opened by you! So to clarify, you have received an answer directly from the lead Dev for this project on your own thread but I had to go and find it for you as you seem to have overlooked it/forgotten about it. If an answer from Rocket isn't going to keep you happy then nothing will. Please don't open any more threads on the same subject in the future.

Sorry about the wait, I'm a busy boy.

Thank you for posting that.I'm just concerned with the direction that DayZ is going and I'm concerned that we the admins will be powerless to stop cheaters. I have been here from day one and I have suffered through running public servers where the cheaters ruined the game for everyone. I had to cancel my public server because every time we got a good number of people on the server hackers and cheaters would show up an wreck the server. So I'm sorry if for whatever reason that makes some of you act so shameful. I read the post and I like what Rocket said. I will say this though he clearly has not had this point of view all on his own . I have been around from the beginning and he was clearly against any admins having any powers and while that post is positive Matt Lightfoot says in the video that we will not need admin tools. I didn't say that, a developer did. I would agree that what Rocket says trumps Matt Lightfoot but clearly they do not want Admins to have tools they are just begrudgingly doing it. We the Admins need the tools because hackers and cheaters will ruin the game if we don't. For those of you crying about admins abusing their powers, Then just go play on a server with a good Admin. How hard is that.

I was actually hoping admins would have the crazy abilities they currently have taken away. All the private hives I have taken part in have admins that are in a clan/group that literally rule server. Teleporting vehicles, spawning in items, US-LA even has the only choppers in the server spawn off map in their own base, which is basically unreachable without a chopper. How do they get to this said base when they die? Teleport themselves back to the base of course.

On this server its not like that. The admin team is only people. There are several clans that are much bigger. When the admin's die another admin drives there and picks them up just like any other clan member does. Admin's have been shot and had vehicles stolen. So I can assure you on this server there is no cheating or abuse going on by the admin team. the only cheaters are the hackers. having this tool allows the server owner to make sure that hackers don't stay around or even have the chance to do a whole lot of damage.

• Like 1

Right, that's why all public hacks are currently detected and the most popular private hacks out there are busted every few days. Facts please?

Only the public ones.. and they needed the source code to bust em, there's zillion of other cheats out there that there's almost impossible to play on a public server now: the average is about 3 cheaters per (populated) server, it's crazy.

Admins can use whatever addons/scripts they want on their servers

Yes, including this cheat.. but that doesn't mean we need they are legit.

WalkerDown, I must say, I have followed these forums for a long time and I'm amazed by your constant pure negativity towards BE.

Because it sucks.

I invite you to send me a list of arguments of why BE is the worst anti-cheat software out there (apparently that seems to be your opinion) and I will gladly respond to every point.

It's a combo: BE (the worst anticheat) + Arma2 (the most hacked game) ... BE is almost useless at this point, they can do something server side (ie: a very basic control could prevent ppl to spawn weapons a/o ban teleporters.. and stuff like this.. but they doesn't care at all).

Lol, How do you have over 700 posts and have no clue. You can report me all you want. I have a PRIVATE server. I can do whatever I want.

I reported you for cheating.. i didn't asked you to close your server (neither a care). This community is against the cheats.

Uhm. You do reallize that DayZ has a big cheater problem? You do reallize that this only works on private servers which are hosted by people who have enough of cheating and hacking? You do reallize that there are Admin Maps since the beginning of private hives? You do reallize that most of private hive admins only have little to no time for playing because they are constantly trying to make DayZ a better game with fixes and new features?

Thank you for posting that.I'm just concerned with the direction that DayZ is going and I'm concerned that we the admins will be powerless to stop cheaters. I have been here from day one and I have suffered through running public servers where the cheaters ruined the game for everyone. I had to cancel my public server because every time we got a good number of people on the server hackers and cheaters would show up an wreck the server. So I'm sorry if for whatever reason that makes some of you act so shameful. I read the post and I like what Rocket said. I will say this though he clearly has not had this point of view all on his own . I have been around from the beginning and he was clearly against any admins having any powers and while that post is positive Matt Lightfoot says in the video that we will not need admin tools. I didn't say that, a developer did. I would agree that what Rocket says trumps Matt Lightfoot but clearly they do not want Admins to have tools they are just begrudgingly doing it. We the Admins need the tools because hackers and cheaters will ruin the game if we don't. For those of you crying about admins abusing their powers, Then just go play on a server with a good Admin. How hard is that.

This is a development process. Part of that process involves developing ideas and progressing forward with feedback from the community. It frustrates me that even in the face of a comment from the lead developer backing exactly what you keep preaching about that your negative comments persist. I won't be posting on this thread again, I have provided the exact feedback you required and something tells me you will still be posting exactly the same arguments on here for weeks to come despite the evidence in front of you.

Edited by Fraggle

This is a development process. Part of that process involves developing ideas and progressing forward with feedback from the community. It frustrates me that even in the face of a comment from the lead developer backing exactly what you keep preaching about that your negative comments persist. I won't be posting on this thread again, I have provided the exact feedback you required and something tells me you will still be posting exactly the same arguments on here for weeks to come despite the evidence in front of you.

Thanks for the reply. I'm happy with the post you made, no need to be rude.

For the people that say this is a cheat, Dwarden who works for Bohemia interative created the first version for official hives. If the main guy writing scripts against hackers and whos anti cheats script every single server on DayZ uses says its cool, then its cool.

Edited by Audio Rejectz
  • Like 1