Sign in to follow this  
vukster@gmail.com

blind login to servers

I think it would really help to feel isolated more if the game did NOT report how many people are playing on the servers at all. You join servers blind without knowing if the server is empty or full.

Pros / cons?

discuss...

• Like 1

I prefer to play on low populated servers, I don't like to get shot every five minutes. Also you could constantly end up on completely empty servers and if you exclude them it'd be way to easy to just join an empty server and farm items.

I can't really see a bad side to this, except when you join, you can just look at the list of players in the game, and determine if there's too many and you want to bitch out.

And, sometimes you're trying to join the same server as your friend, there's a few servers with a similar name, and you can hover your mouse of the number of players and it shows you who is currently in it.

I agree, players should have minimal information regarding others in their servers.

This kind of suggestion would really suit the atmosphere of DayZ, there should be a way of telling whether servers are completely empty, or completely full though.

Maybe instead of a list of player names, the server window could have "rough guess" population levels from low to high, with allowance for an overlap/margin of error.

I've been on 50 player servers where I never bumped into anybody for hours at a time, and I've been on 10 player servers where everybody was in Cherno the whole time.

With the new "client-server architecture" allowing more players per server, it might be more useful to measure "population density".

bad thing is ping, full servers start having bad connection here, so the option to select the one with best ping would be better, and then it would become more of juggling logic, so theres few brazilian servers, they must be all full, america has lots of them so i will try those. One problem is that people who get shot will proly server hop more frequently, specially if they start hearing firefights like the ones i have lol. I hate snipers... I like it for being more natural and authentic.

The idea is that you would NEVER know the total number of players, the server is either available, empty or full, that is all the information that a new fresh spawn should have. A list of players in game should NOT be displayed at all, the ONLY time this list would populate is when you actually ENCOUNTER that said player, once you see him then you are aware of their existence. I think the whole philosophy of day z should be "if a tree logs into a server and no one is around to see it, did it log in?"

See no evil, hear no evil, log no evil.