thepope229

The Art of Dying

Ok, I want to start off by saying this is a FANTASTIC mod, literally one of the best i have ever seen. However, I just want to know why Rocket wants to make the game super realistic but we can die while even OFFLINE. In my opinion that is B.S. We all dont have the time to play this mod 24/7 every single day to make sure we live. It has happened twice, I'll log out on a Sunday work through the week, then log back in on a Friday and I'm either A) Dead, or B) About to die.

I have looked everywhere for answers to this issue, but i come up empty. So i want to know if this issue will be addressed later into the game or not?:huh::huh:

-thepope229

You can't die while offline, the worst that can happen is that your character will have red blinking thirst and hunger when logging in again after a while

As soon as you log on, eat something, drink something

You can't die while offline' date=' the worst that can happen is that your character will have red blinking thirst and hunger when logging in again after a while

[/quote']

I have died i randomly joined one server there was no pass go it just popped up YOU ARE DEAD as soon as i connected.

I have died i randomly joined one server there was no pass go it just popped up YOU ARE DEAD as soon as i connected.

That's possible. You were killed by a player or zombie just before or just after you left the previous session. Your character will stay in the server for a limited time after you leave to prevent people from quitting when a situation gets hairy.

You can't die while offline' date=' the worst that can happen is that your character will have red blinking thirst and hunger when logging in again after a while

[/quote']

I don't think that was something that was intentional. I have gone a week without playing before and the worst that happened was that I had blinking icons.

That's possible. You were killed by a player or zombie just before or just after you left the previous session. Your character will stay in the server for a limited time after you leave to prevent people from quitting when a situation gets hairy.

Ah i see then that was probably it..

how long does your player stay in game?

Ok' date=' I want to start off by saying this is a FANTASTIC mod, literally one of the best i have ever seen. However, I just want to know why Rocket wants to make the game super realistic but we can die while even OFFLINE. In my opinion that is B.S. We all dont have the time to play this mod 24/7 every single day to make sure we live. It has happened twice, I'll log out on a Sunday work through the week, then log back in on a Friday and I'm either A) Dead, or B) About to die.

I have looked everywhere for answers to this issue, but i come up empty. So i want to know if this issue will be addressed later into the game or not?

[/quote']

Hey, welcome to the game. When you log out of DayZ, your hunger and thirst still deteriorate. They will not damage you until you sign in. I also work during the week, the trick is to eat/drink immediately when you sign in!

Ok' date=' I want to start off by saying this is a FANTASTIC mod, literally one of the best i have ever seen. However, I just want to know why Rocket wants to make the game super realistic but we can die while even OFFLINE. In my opinion that is B.S. We all dont have the time to play this mod 24/7 every single day to make sure we live. It has happened twice, I'll log out on a Sunday work through the week, then log back in on a Friday and I'm either A) Dead, or B) About to die.

I have looked everywhere for answers to this issue, but i come up empty. So i want to know if this issue will be addressed later into the game or not?

[/quote']

Hey, welcome to the game. When you log out of DayZ, your hunger and thirst still deteriorate. They will not damage you until you sign in. I also work during the week, the trick is to eat/drink immediately when you sign in!

Believe me i will be signing out only when i have a food and drink with me lol

Rocket wants this game to be realistic? Why is everyone tied up in realism?

This mod is not about realism. Realistic combat?

I was a soldier' date=' it's fucking boring 99% of the time.

This mod is designed to have the authenticity required to model and produce some authentic emotional responses.

Reality has many concessions made against it in order to achieve this authenticity in the brief time a player is present in the world.

[/quote']

Rocket wants this game to be realistic? Why is everyone tied up in realism?

This mod is not about realism. Realistic combat?

I was a soldier' date=' it's fucking boring 99% of the time.

This mod is designed to have the authenticity required to model and produce some authentic emotional responses.

Reality has many concessions made against it in order to achieve this authenticity in the brief time a player is present in the world.

[/quote']

He means you shouldn't have to replicate all the steps it takes to clear a gun jam