sgtsnug

"You Have been Kicked from Server" - Relaunch

I'm remaking this thread with as much exact details I can make available as to best attain a solution.

The Issue at hand - When connecting to a DayZ Server (Any, and ONLY DayZ Mod Servers) I can play 1-5 minutes of game play before receiving the error "You Have been kicked from the server" no further explanation or details beyond that and I'm removed from the game and put back into the server select screen.

What Have I tried to fix this?

I have Re-installed Arma 2, Arma 2 OA, Arma 2 BAF, Arma 2 PMC, including registry and new profiles.

I have Re-Installed Battleye Both manually and via the wizard to the latest version. Replacing the Arma 2 client, Arma 2 OA client, Appdata/local client, and program files client.

I have ran steam as administrator and performed a cache check and ensured I've ran both versions of the game Arma 2 and OA before trying again.

I've installed DayCommander and updated all DayZ and beta files repeatedly both automatically and manually.

I've tried Six Updater to update files and six launcher to run the game.

I've tried Arma 2 Launcher.

I've removed all other Mods.

I've tried the battleye fixes where you copy over the checkfilelist from Arma 2 into the Arma 2 OA folder.

Disabled AVG Firewall.

I've tried praying to god but no not even that worked...

Additional Information

This issue is DayZ specific, I can still play games like Domination or Insurgency without any problems at all.

So please, help me fellow survivors, or perhaps bless me Devs and release a hotfix, cause I'm not the only one suffering unable to play this wonderful game.

Edited by SgtSnug
  • Like 2

I hate to have to do this, it'd probably frowned upon by forum rules but...Self-Bump.

Please, I really really wanna play, especially now Nimalsk is out.

• Like 1

I'll send you a PM with server details, if you join I'll see what my server says you are kicked for.

• Like 1

I've just had a friend get onto the same server as me to check if he see's any issues when I'm kicked, this is what he saw.

"Player #####: signature check timed out"

I'm going to browse the forum for a solution to that problem but if you know what it means and know a fix, please speak up.

• Like 1

You've already found my earlier thread. It's sad that this is a recurring problem for some people. I myself solved it through setting up a DMZ on my router (NETGEAR WNR3500v2). What's your network environment? A modem and one router? Or one modem which is also a router? Or something else entirely? Wired or wireless? Do you have SPI turned on, on these devices / this device?

I suspect it's a network issue, since I've managed to solve the problem by removing my computer from my router's firewall protection (that's what a DMZ entails). If I disable the DMZ, I get kicked again. So I'm pretty sure, but you never know.

• Like 1

You've already found my earlier thread. It's sad that this is a recurring problem for some people. I myself solved it through setting up a DMZ on my router (NETGEAR WNR3500v2). What's your network environment? A modem and one router? Or one modem which is also a router? Or something else entirely? Wired or wireless? Do you have SPI turned on, on these devices / this device?

I suspect it's a network issue, since I've managed to solve the problem by removing my computer from my router's firewall protection (that's what a DMZ entails). If I disable the DMZ, I get kicked again. So I'm pretty sure, but you never know.

I have a wired connection to BT Home HUB V3 Type A. I do not know the settings I'm about to find out how to access this equipment and do so, any help would be great I've never been too great fiddling with these things.

Addition: I have created a DMZ on my BT Home Hub and jumped into a game only to be kicked out again.

I'm going to try a reset first and also disabling AVG which I'd left on and see if that settles anything.

Additional Addition: No it failed, this has not solves the issue.

Edited by SgtSnug
  • Like 1

I've discovered a new error I've been receiving without notice in the game that after a brief google isn't showing up at early glances in any topic.

When I right click interactive items in my Inventory I receive this message "variable 'uicontrol' does not support serialization and should not be stored in the mission namespace" Which I then click 'Ok' and things go on as normal, if this is related or not I can't say but I'm desperate and will report anything out of the norm if it can lead to a solution.

I have noticed a change however since the DMZ, whilst the issue isn't gone the playtime has at least doubled before I'm kicked from the servers.

Edited by SgtSnug
  • Like 1

When I right click interactive items in my Inventory I receive this message "variable 'uicontrol' does not support serialization and should not be stored in the mission namespace" Which I then click 'Ok' and things go on as normal, if this is related or not I can't say but I'm desperate and will report anything out of the norm if it can lead to a solution.

That's not related to your main issue as quite a lot of us get it and can play quite fine, your problem "signature check timed out" if it happens on all servers is related to your connection and nothing to do with the game.

PS when I did try to help you the first time (in the afternoon) you said the game kicked you but the game and RCON told me that you left not that you were kicked

Edited by Oldy1Kenobi
  • Like 1

That's not related to your main issue as quite a lot of us get it and can play quite fine, your problem "signature check timed out" if it happens on all servers is related to your connection and nothing to do with the game.

PS when I did try to help you the first time (in the afternoon) you said the game kicked you but the game and RCON told me that you left not that you were kicked

Well it isn't an issue with Ping, or net speed as tests done via Speedtest.net and Pintest.net both show 'A' quality connections with no issues. So it must be something else in my connection like a unnoticed firewall software or a port needing opened or something, could anyone give me any ideas?

I'm going to go over all built in firewalls like windows firewall, Spybot s&d, AVG and ensure none are interfering.

One thing that has given me issues on another program at some point was my Bigfoot Networks Killer but that's pure guess work on my part, grasping at straws now.

Edited by SgtSnug
  • Like 1

I just tried opening ports 2302-2307 on my BT Home HUB, didn't help.

And my game play length seems to be back down to 1-5 minutes before I crash....this is bumming me out its Halloween I wanna play DAYZ!

Anybody, we have narrowed it down to the connection/network/router please! help me!

Edited by SgtSnug
  • Like 1

Made a pre-mature thread closure, issue persists...seems I simply had a good server or something that delayed it so long I only thought it was fixed by making the port forwarding ANY instead of UDP.

• Like 1

I've found a server that works!

Several hours now and no issue on this server. But Only this server thus far.

5.63.147.44:2512

So something about this server...fixes my problem...does that help figure out the issue?

Edited by SgtSnug
  • Like 1

Still need a solution guys.

I can play this 1 server and I do keep trying others, but this server seems buggy, people losing loot, spawning on coast not prior spot, vehicles can't be entered etc.

I'd rather not settle on it.

• Like 1

I really do hate to self bump my own thread, specially since last 5 or so posts are all mine but...

I'm still getting this kicked message.

If you think it's my connection tell me what to try cause thus far I've opened a DMZ, opened all the needed ports but still get the 'signature check timed out' error that is keeping me off 99% of all servers I've tried.

As I've stated just above I did manage to connect to a single server and have played it since but It's buggy at best and not namalsk which is what I'm dying to play.

• Like 1

In your case i would try to disable your router firewall or whatever it is that manages your connection, and try to change from NAT to Bridge mode so you don't have to use a DMZ or open ports, in my case when i do that i get a new public IP form my ISP, thus maybe at a ISP level that could change routing or some routing parameters that eventually could solve your problem, its a long shot tho.

Also you could take into account the restrictions that ISP's put to manage traffic at peak hours, for example i live in Chile, and my ISP puts traffic restrictions during almost the entire day untill like 2 AM, those restritions sometimes cause me troubles with games like COD4, DayZ, or even TeamSpeak, thats because they're giving more bandwith to services like web surfing and others and limiting bandwith to other ports wich to them are not important like torrents and such. So maybe that's giving you trouble.

That server that you posted in wich you can play longer has a no standard ARMA II port, maybe because that you can play longer before you get kicked. Thinking that maybe your ISP has restrictions on those ports. Have you tried playing in a server that has BattleEye disabled?

I hope some of this helps you

Edited by rskyline
  • Like 1

In your case i would try to disable your router firewall or whatever it is that manages your connection, and try to change from NAT to Bridge mode so you don't have to use a DMZ or open ports, in my case when i do that i get a new public IP form my ISP, thus maybe at a ISP level that could change routing or some routing parameters that eventually could solve your problem, its a long shot tho.

Also you could take into account the restrictions that ISP's put to manage traffic at peak hours, for example i live in Chile, and my ISP puts traffic restrictions during almost the entire day untill like 2 AM, those restritions sometimes cause me troubles with games like COD4, DayZ, or even TeamSpeak, thats because they're giving more bandwith to services like web surfing and others and limiting bandwith to other ports wich to them are not important like torrents and such. So maybe that's giving you trouble.

That server that you posted in wich you can play longer has a no standard ARMA II port, maybe because that you can play longer before you get kicked. Thinking that maybe your ISP has restrictions on those ports. Have you tried playing in a server that has BattleEye disabled?

I hope some of this helps you

I believe creating a DMZ bypasses all firewall measures on the hub, so that shouldn't be the issue, I also don't know hot to switch from NAT to bridge or if that entails any potential complications or problems.

I won't be the isp limiting traffic as i've tried day and night and always had A quality results from pingtest.net, and speedtest.net.

And i believe i did try a no battleye server, and met same result.

• Like 1

I too did a pingtest.net and score A line quality, and yet i have problems, but if its a ping test it uses ICMP protocol, wich doest test port connectivity or reliability, i also can do a speedtest.net test and the results show excelent bandwith, but again the test its likely run over the port 80 (web server) wich it will not have any issues. I download from a FTP server that doesnt have the standard port 21, and because that a cant download at full speed at peak hours. All im saying its that those tests doesnt tell you much. You could be having dropped packets related to the client or ARMA II server ports for example. (wich are most likely not the same)

i hope you can work out a solution.

Edited by rskyline
  • Like 1

I was changing setting's in my router and decided to change my MTU that was setup for xbox live (so that it can have an open NAT) and put it to auto setting (which is 1500 at default). It managed to solve my signature check timed out.

Hopefully this helps out anyone with this solution.

Edited by SirNippil
  • Like 2

SirNippil, I want to sincerely thank you with all of my heart because, you sir have fixed my day z (signature check issue) 100%. I can now play, and I have been for 3 and 1/2 hours with no issues. I too have gone through countless re-installs and other "fixes" to no avail. I will recommend this MTU fix to everyone I know with this issue. Thanks again for this quick, easy fix for my long and complicated problem. Mrvideo

• Like 2

Hey guys,

I've done that thing with MTU and it seems to fix the Signature problem, but now it says in the chat corner "Player DayZDumbass is losing connection" and 30 sec after it I'm gettin "No message received" until I'm kicked and my character is set back to the position I had "losing connection". Does anybody know what to do now? I really wanna play DayZ again!

Edit: Nevermind guys. a restart of my computer helped :D

2. Edit: I just had it agian. Any solutions? :D

Edited by DayZDumbass

Hey guys,

I've done that thing with MTU and it seems to fix the Signature problem, but now it says in the chat corner "Player DayZDumbass is losing connection" and 30 sec after it I'm gettin "No message received" until I'm kicked and my character is set back to the position I had "losing connection". Does anybody know what to do now? I really wanna play DayZ again!

Edit: Nevermind guys. a restart of my computer helped :D

2. Edit: I just had it agian. Any solutions? :D

Does this happen to all servers or just some?

I have the same problem. First it worked just perfectly, then I logged off (after I got hit by a zombie and couldn't bandage up, probably a bug) and two hours later I couldn't log in because of "You were kicked off the game". Fresh install of ArmA, I support it, my port bullshit is open, my internet is good and I have no freaking idea what could it be and I'm getting tired of this game.