Sign in to follow this  
harley001

Combat logging details.

I know that combat logging is when you leave the game during combat to avoid death but how far does it go. If I know another player is neaby and that the two of us will probally meet is okay for me to leave. Is it not combat logging as long as the other player dosen't say anything to you or shoots at you? For example I see a sniper in the bushes who can kill me at any second, he hasn't shot at me but he could. I leave to avoid conflict all togethor. Does that count?

No as long as your not in combat but it still beats the point if the game you are supposed to run into people now and then if you don't like it then go play L4D or some other shooter this is a survival simulator people cant just disappear in real life when they feel nervous or scared.

First rule of DayZ: Dont get attached to your gear you will have more fun if you don't think about it, trust me i know when i started playing i managed to get NV goggles ghille suit and a SVD camo and because i didn't want to die i rarely logged in any more and if i did it was on low pop servers and its boring as hell.

Running into people adds the immersion the Mod needs because lets face it the zombies are not that threatening as they are now bumping into a bandit group gets the blood flowing especially if your a lone wolf it adds more to the game don't avoid it.

I'm sure people have varying opinions, but to me combat logging is when you log during a direct confrontation. If shots are fired at you and you Alt+F4 that's combat logging.

If you see someone, but they don't see you there's no combat to log from. I know other people probably disagree, but that's my view.

when you log out in those scenarios, you are logging out to avoid combat. So yes, it is still combat logging, but I would call it combat dodging. I've yet to log out once when i have seen someone or been shot at. I guess I understand the meaning of "video game". It's just a game, the bullets won't fly through your monitor, trust me.

Edited by TheDesigner

Being shot sucks. Losing your gear sucks. But there's not a bigger rush in the game than those shoot outs. Not a bigger kick in the ass than getting blown away, nothing more rewarding than finding good gear and winning a couple of those fights. The game shines when you're in conflict. Get beat up a little and just start again when you have to.

• Like 1

Having no zombie dodging skill and logging out to de-spawn zeds, then logging back in should be combat logging....a timer(however short) would fix this.