Sign in to follow this  
JaraCimrman

Sidechat on public servers?

Hello, can anyone tell me how is it possible that some servers that are connected to main hive have their side chanel enabled? I thought it was deleted and could not be possible to enable.

• Like 1

Technically your right, however with the upcoming release of dayz standalone they just dont care anymore. The ability wasnt deleted it was just turned off. I got tired of not having it on and so many others did so when I swapped providers I turned mine on as well.

• Like 2

unpack/edit your mission bpo, file description.ext, line 8 disableChannels[]={0,1,2,6}; .... delete the "1"

So does this just enable typing in global chat (not VOIP)?

So does this just enable typing in global chat (not VOIP)?

from what i have understand, this enables the side (blue) channel

// sry, didnt read carefully ^^

Edited by Jara Cimrman

So it enables global typing and VOIP?

I wouldn't mind if it was just typing, not sure I would like some of the idiots spamming their mics though....... ^_^ I'm sure I have been on a server where the blue chat is enabled, but VOIP didn't work in that way

Edited by Omaran

So it enables global typing and VOIP?

I wouldn't mind if it was just typing, not sure I would like some of the idiots spamming their mics though....... ^_^ I'm sure I have been on a server where the blue chat is enabled, but VOIP didn't work in that way

It enables the channel alltogether, both Text and VOIP .... to keep it spam free, use BEC with it's Chat restriction features turned on.