Bossetti

Previous profession

So, I've searched for "previous profession" in the forum, please redirect me if you know a post that treats this subject.

My idea:

Before actually spawning, you can choose what did your character do before the apocalypsis struck.-

That wouldn't modify your abilities, just your backpack contents and your skin(or just clothes if you don't like my idea that way)

The reason:

Gives a general distinction between ppl (not absolute, but its a start)

Gives you the opportunity to start a new character ( something you do a lot) with items that help you with some aspect, but lacking items for other purpose.

Makes roleplaying possible (since there's the "personality" factor added) and gets u closer to a real life experience (in a virtual environment)

Just blabbing:

Supermarket employee: you have an extra food or drink item, u lack a pistol magazine

Medic: you have an extra bandage, but theres a random item you don't have (not the pistol though).

Police officer: you start with 1 more ammo item, but you lack 1 food or drink item.

Ranger: you start with binoculars, but u lack 2 random items (since u will be a survival profession, its only fair you should have more difficulty in a survival game)

And so on, and so on.

there was an identical thread about previous occupation just yesterday, he hadn't used the search feature either