Sign in to follow this  
eli18

Crafting

OK here is my idea for crafting

make it symple. get rid of ammo conversion and add that into crafting.

have three slots for items that lead into the finished product/s.

first. tin cans and such can be changed into scrap (diff from scrap metal)

this scrapp stacks in groups of 5 or 10. any mag that uses the same ammo type can be converted with one scrap to any other mag of the same ammo type (needs to consider bullet amounts like in current version). crafting will need some aditional ideas to be implemented. introduce leather and other basic materials to be the essence of crafting. backpack with enough leather will be upgraded either up a teir or adds a slot or a mixture of both.

this would work for an alternate ammo system:

if you could find loose ammo then. you can make empty mags. gunpowder and scrap or brass can make 10 9mm ammo of the chosen type (9x18 or 9x19). 2gunpowder and 2 metal/brass can make larger ammo types etc. make tools more plentiful so one must chose what tools he wants. a saw, you can add a jewlers saw to any bullet recipe to make homemade hollowpoints (if you dont know this is realistic, if you saw the tip of a bullet properly if will act as a hollow point) hollow points will have slightly diff stats such as better with headshots and more dammage but less acurate and less velocity.

the crafting system will replace the combinding system and add more. for instance, you can mix assorted spray paint and a gun for a camo or loose twigs for a ghilli style gun cammo to enhance your ghilli suit look. you can also do this to enhance some clothing or just change the look.

this will also be how my idea of seperatable gun attatchment where a scilencer will be crafted together with a aplicable gun to make a scilensed gun. the same goes for bipods, optics, barrels, slides (flashlight lazer pointer etc.)

i'm not gonna go more in depth with the system, but if you read my or anyone elses ideas im sure you can find a way to impliment it. remeber it wont be the core of the game or anything like minecraft it will just add to customizability and flexability.

I love this idea but I do not know if it will be added, it'd be kinda cool though. By the way though its simple not symple im sorry but that buged me lol

You can not make cartridges, bullets or gunpowder grain from scrap. You can't know nominal grain for each round. Get the firearm shit out of your head.

the crafting system will replace the combinding system and add more. for instance, you can mix assorted spray paint and a gun for a camo or loose twigs for a ghilli style gun cammo to enhance your ghilli suit look. you can also do this to enhance some clothing or just change the look.

this will also be how my idea of seperatable gun attatchment where a scilencer will be crafted together with a aplicable gun to make a scilensed gun. the same goes for bipods, optics, barrels, slides (flashlight lazer pointer etc.)

The homemade ghillie suit is much more possible. Also moding clothes is possible. Even weapon attachments are options except barrels (are you kidding? do you know how precise a barrel has to be, rifling in particular?) and slides. Stick with the simple stuff, sounds ok.

Edited by thebirdolux
  • Like 1

im talking bout adding a scope on a gun, you would find the gun and add the scope. the barrel im talking about attachments like a flashlight however that gave me the idea of combinding a saw and db shotgun for instance and making a sawed off.

im talking bout adding a scope on a gun, you would find the gun and add the scope. the barrel im talking about attachments like a flashlight however that gave me the idea of combinding a saw and db shotgun for instance and making a sawed off.

I hope you realize that in the real world, you can't just pick up a scope and stick it on a gun. Gun modifications are a lot more complicated than you seem to make them. taping flashlights to guns on the other hand, brilliant idea.

i didnt read any but i love crafting in other games , especially like gran turismo how you can put turbos and shocks on. Bayonets shpould be able to be made and taped to everything. Even cave people could make sharp stones and stuff

• Like 1

I hope you realize that in the real world, you can't just pick up a scope and stick it on a gun. Gun modifications are a lot more complicated than you seem to make them. taping flashlights to guns on the other hand, brilliant idea.

i think you pretend you know about guns, but you dont. a scope is an attachment that goes on a gun rail. after it is tightened on it is good to go. some scopes work diffently but just about all are easy and simple to use. obviously guns that dont have rails cant use the attachments, but in the meentime most every other gun is that simple.