Sign in to follow this  
dumbidea

good computer LOW frame rate NEED HELP PLEASE!

I have been trying to play on my m17xr3 and i am having FPS issues when i play no matter what settings i have tried except very high, it stays at 15-20 fps. When i try to play it will freeze for 2-4 seconds every 15- 5 seconds depending where I am and how many zombies are around.Specs:Processor: intel core i7-2860QM CPU @ 2.50GHZ 2.50 GHZRAM: 8gbGraphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580M64bit windows 7 THANK YOU IN ADVANCE :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

Edited by dumbidea

How fast does your hard drive spin? Or rather, how is the seek time?

Average Seek Time

11 ms

Rotational Speed

7200 RPM

Rotation Time

8.33 ms

Graphics performance depends on many things. How much RAM you have, how much RAM your video card has, how good your video card is, your processors and a few other factors. You need to make sure they match up. Also, turn of Vsync if you have not already. Your internet connection may be at fault, so if you can try running ArmA vanilla and see how the performance goes.

You can probably get away running ArmA with just one GB of RAM on your video card, but you won't be able to run it on very high. I have 8 GB of RAM (1 on my video card) and dual processors, but I can only run it on medium.

Edited by Overwatch22

I helped a user with this about a day ago, if you have Skype add me: Karnage6532

I helped a user with this about a day ago, if you have Skype add me: Karnage6532

I have this same problem, in a single player or multiplayer mission in ARMA my FPS is around 130. But in allmost every dayz server i go into its around 20 - 30, this really dissapoints me because I recently bought a new computer. I only join server that refresh daily or even with a couple of hours because on those server i have around 40 FPS.

I have been trying to play on my m17xr3 and i am having FPS issues when i play no matter what settings i have tried except very high, it stays at 15-20 fps. When i try to play it will freeze for 2-4 seconds every 15- 5 seconds depending where I am and how many zombies are around.Specs:Processor: intel core i7-2860QM CPU @ 2.50GHZ 2.50 GHZRAM: 8gbGraphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580M64bit windows 7 THANK YOU IN ADVANCE :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

Reading the original post in it's original format leads me to believe it's user-error. Perhaps the "M" 580 GTX that makes DayZ go plop! That "M" makes your 560M GTX half as powerful as a 560 GTX.