Sign in to follow this  
Stevo_1990

Wondering if it's worth it?

Ok so I have been interested in day z since it began but never had a computer able to run it. I do now but I wonder if it's worth buying arma 2 to play as the standalone is coming soon, would you guys suggest I do buy?. I have had so much fun reading the day z storys and urban legend threads and itmakes we want to play so bad :D

If you wanna buy it now, you can. Its all up to you. Its only 20$?. You can download Arma 2 free but OA is 20$. Best to be prepared and know what DayZ is like till it finally gets released. But like I said. Its up to you. I haven't played in a while. So ima play till the standalone is out. To many bugs and hackers. If you wanna risk getting hacked and catching lots of bugs. Go and buy it =)

No it's not worth it. Stay away. D'oh YES IT'S WORTH IT! :D Anyway, if buying the PC set you back so much you can't afford a game that you really like the sound of, then... Why did you buy the PC anyway?

If they haven't had opened the private hives. I would have said wait but now there are a bunch of new maps that really open DayZ up and give it more depth.

It's not that I cant afford it, Just dont think ill play arma 2 that much, Ill be getting the combined operations at £25 so it's not that it's expensive I just dont like waste :P

25 punds... That's what it cost for a meal at a restaurant. It takes about an hour of socializing to eat the meal, if you're on a date. Now, drop that date, and possibly have hundreds of hours of fun instead. It's clearly more of a waste to go on that date! OK, so maybe you would get with that girl, but in the end you'd just get tired of her nagging and long for some serious computer gaming. Also, you might get her pregnant, and how much time do you think you'll get for serious gaming then? Also, the world is soon over-populated. Skip the date, save the world!

• Like 2

25 punds... That's what it cost for a meal at a restaurant. It takes about an hour of socializing to eat the meal, if you're on a date. Now, drop that date, and possibly have hundreds of hours of fun instead. It's clearly more of a waste to go on that date! OK, so maybe you would get with that girl, but in the end you'd just get tired of her nagging and long for some serious computer gaming. Also, you might get her pregnant, and how much time do you think you'll get for serious gaming then? Also, the world is soon over-populated. Skip the date, save the world!

Lmao thanks for that comparison, funny enough me and my gf broke up a few days ago and you have persuaded me to buy thanks to your awesome reply haha. Thank you

• Like 1

Definitely worth it I say, ARMA 2 is an amazing game, just like DayZ!

Dayum.Im pretty sure u could make a good commercial for air and actually sell it

here,have my beans

As for me.its not monthly fee game so just go buy it and enjoy till standalone is out.Also try Arma II itself.try other Dayz maps such as fallujah or namalsk etc.This game really worth moneyz.

• Like 1

I'm wondering the same, I've played at a friends a few times, and love it, doesn't seem as bad as glitchy as people make it out to be. My only concern is hackers, game dead in a month? no updates? I'm not sure what to think about all this, I've played WarZ alpha and hate it (No offence to fans) but I don't want a generic of this, I want a free world survival mmo. It's not a lot of money, I'll get the standalone even if I get it now. But just don't want to make a mistake and stop playing in a month like I did with skyrim.

Edited by apostasy