Sign in to follow this  
Ingram187

Noob questions

So I just got DayZ working and I had some questions.

1. Is there any way to save my items? I've seen people finding tents but if I die does the tent despawn or can I go back to it?

2. Im using "Play with six" to choose my server but I dont know how to save the server info or how to make sure I can go back to the same server. I'm asking this because IF I don't die don't I have to go back to the same server where all my items are?

3. How do I change my name in game?

Thanks guys for helping me out.

1) When you find a vehicle or tent you can put the items in there and then make sure you point your arrow towards the vehicle or tent and select the option to save the tent/vehicle. The tent or vehicle will stay in the game and can be looted or stolen but otherwise it will still be there for you.

2) It would be better to switch to DayZ Commander. You can save your favorite servers or look at your server history. My favorite servers however are saved on a notepad document on my computer. That is the most reliable way.

3) When you are at the Arma II/DayZ main menu there is an option for Profile or Edit profile (can't remember exactly). In that option menu you will see an edit option for your game name.

• Like 1

1. Camping tents. You have to find a place to put them, drop the item in, and every time you interact with it, save it. They disappear 7 days after your character dies, unless you go back and save it (but they sometimes disappear after that anyway). They can also be run over or grenaded.

2. Dayz Commander. You'll love it. You can add servers to favorites, add notes, add friends, download other maps, ect. Much better interface, too.

3. The guy above me did a great job explaining this one, so I'll just refer you to his post.

Edited by DrunkPunk
  • Like 1