rimp

cant find cherarus map when i run game in beta

i have original arma 2 retail copy fully installed but i have OA via steam, everything is fully patched and i've been in servers and it does run fine.

but i have read that the new version of dayz is going to require the game to run beta, so i downloaded the beta in advance, installed it, modified the beta launch short cut with the -mod=@dayz bit and tried opening it up, it opens up the game in beta mode with a little note on the top right saying running the dayz mod but its no longer recognising that i have the original arma game installed so the only map available is the takistan one so if i attempt to join a dayz server i get the error

"You can not play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.cherarus"

when i launch the beta, it doesnt open steam and so doesnt give me the option to run combined operations, it only opens the operation arrowhead half of the game and so doesnt get access to the cherarus map

does anybody have a work around?

I would do the following:

1: back up your saved games, i think they are found in "my documents"

2: Delete all local files of OA via steam.

3: Uninstall Arma2

4: Check your program files to make sure the Arma2 directories are removed. If not, delete them

5: Reinstall Arma2

6: Reinstall OA via steam.

7: Download and install the six updater suite.

8: Run the six launcher

9:Click random server to install the mod.

10: Get your face eaten off by 50 of your closest friends.

this wont install the beta for me tho will it? i can run the game in non beta and i can get into servers ok. and i can install the beta and run the beta ok, but it doesnt work if i run the beta and dayz because the beta doesnt talk to arma 2 in order to have access to the correct map

Oooh, i didnt read that part about the ARMA2 beta. Sorry, my bad. Can't help you there then.

Did you try loading OA with a .bat file?

Hope it helps, let me know when it works (or it doesn't)