Sign in to follow this  
spankimus

Need help setting up mysql database backups for Pvt. Hive

Alright, for someone who has little to no knowledge of mysql, writing scripts, or anything of the sort, is there any way someone could make a dummy tutorial/walk-through on how I could setup automated backups or the very least how to manually backup and restore mysql databases using HeidiSQL?

I've read that using the mysqldump tool is a fairly easy way to go about it. However, having as little knowledge of mysql as I do, I don't even know where to begin. I'd be very appreciative if someone could just point me in the right direction!

I know how to edit the tables, I've been very successful in doing that on my own. I also know how to run a manual backup dump, however I do not know how to restore the database with such backup.

As much as I hope and intend on learning mysql and becoming very familiar with it in the future, I'm hoping someone would be kind enough to do just a short walkthrough on how to do this small task.

Any help is very appreciated!

I'm looking for the same thing, I've managed to use HeidiSQL to export the instance_vehicles file to SQL,(right click the table and choose Export to SQL) wipe the table and import it back in as a test. I'm also looking for a way to automate this. I've tried a couple things with mysqldump but have not been successful at getting what i want yet. I'm not so concerned with the entire database as i am with the instance_vehicles and survivor tables as this is what hackers usually screw up. i like how HeidiSQL creates the SQL file that you can just import back in. I've seached around but all the posts i seem to find require access to the actual server which i do not have. I have one of HFB servers Private Plus servers so i do have full access to the mysql database but not access to the actual server. A perl script or something of the sort is what I'm looking for so that i can just use a scheduler to run it every 15 minutes or so.