Sign in to follow this  
lcvr

Some general Ideas

First i want to apologize in advance if i have any grammar mistakes since english aint my first language

Ok so these are some of the ideas i have for the SA dayz which i think people might like

Survival:

Being able to hydrate in different ways, for example: if it starts raining being able to drink rain water by filling your cantine, also drinking out of a pond without the need of filling up a cantine but by doing so the player could catch a disease. Also if seasons are added to the game, being able to drink from snow, but you have to make a fire and melt it in a cup first.

Regain blood (slowly). I think this would really help the people who play alone rather than in a group, because when you are alone and have no cooked meat, noone is going to give you a blood transfusion, and i mean...wounds do heal

Zombies:

If a player is attacked and killed by a zombie, the player should rise as a zombie too after 5-10 minutes, that way any other player trying to loot the body would be surprised when they see the body raising and trying to attack them. That would add the feeling of not being safe when looting because you never know who was shot to death or killed by a zombie

Corpses raising up. You know when you are in a city or an airfield and theres corpses near cars and people asume they where killed in a car accident, well how about 1 out of 50 corpses raises when you walk near it or step on it.

Zombies inside homes also to add realism to the game, when you enter a house theres a corpse of someone who couldnt stand the horror of the apocalypsis and opted out, with a gun in his hand and a note on the wall

Hordes of them migrating from one city to another, in addition being able to duck under cars (walking dead much? :P) Some of them in the fields eating wild animals and moving from city to city

Weapons

Being able to carry 3 guns of different types.

1. Primary weapon (assault rifle, machine gun, etc.)

2. Secondary weapon (handgun)

3. Melee weapon (hactchet, knife, crowbar, etc.)

Attachments (silencers, granede launchers etc.) not weapons already equiped with it, or being able to deattach it and attach it to another gun

Game

I dont know if many people might like it but adding time capsules in my opinion would be really cool. Imagine entering a building and finding a time capsule and reading another player's story. ie. "i just had to kill a man, he gave me no option, my shots alerted the zombies near by, im sorrounded.."

Keys and doors! Maybe killing a zombie near by was the owner of that home, killing him dropped a key and that way you can open the door quietly or if you want to open a house so badly you dont want to look for a key, being able to kick it, but thats way to noisy for a zombie not to notice.

Car alarms, to distract some zombies by hitting it and while they are distracted you walk behind them or if you hit it by accident start running because youve got their attention!

New maps. I dont know what people might think of this one but adding new maps, maybe one tropical island where hurricanes are common, or a city with skyscrapers and such are everywhere. The character could start with the gear gathered from another map in the spawn point (maybe he/she found a canoe and crossed the ocean to the next map :P) or each map has its own character unique character.

Players

Making custom characters, im not to urged about this one but might be a good addition that way every player has their unique character which differentiates them from the others (beard, no beard, bald, etc.)

Stealth kills should be cool with and animation

Whistleling. Say you want to get only one zombie's attention so you can take them one by one, click a key to make a noise (lets say whistleling) and once they are close go in for the stealth kill.

Well these are some of the ideas i have that i think would enchance the playstyle for everybody in a good way, if you guys like my ideas please let me know!

P.S. im against skill points and xp gains and things like that, the realism of the game is what is appealing about it and make it stand above all others of its style.

Edited by lcvr

This thread is basically a summary of ideas already suggested and a bad one at that. Welcome to the Forum, the search this that way -> SEARCH

Yep is bad for 2 reasons, it is my first time EVER posting on a forum and english is not my first lenguage sorry for not posting a top notch essay, and since theres so many posts and many iver read are about skill points and xp gains i just wanted to put my ideas regardless of posting stuff someone else already posted maybe they skipped something i mentioned, i dont know.

Yep is bad for 2 reasons, it is my first time EVER posting on a forum and english is not my first lenguage sorry for not posting a top notch essay, and since theres so many posts and many iver read are about skill points and xp gains i just wanted to put my ideas regardless of posting stuff someone else already posted maybe they skipped something i mentioned, i dont know.

Actually you're english is better than that of most people posting here, same goes for the structure of your post. The only problem I have with it is the content.

Actually you're english is better than that of most people posting here, same goes for the structure of your post. The only problem I have with it is the content.

I know i mentioned somethings that where already mentioned, but thats how the makers of a game agree on making a change to the game, by reading multiple requests of the sames things, to make my self clear, if they read 3000 threads about adding seasons to the game, they are going to end up adding seasons to the game and i contributed to that decision. Unlike 100 requests for skill points and xp.

I know i mentioned somethings that where already mentioned, but thats how the makers of a game agree on making a change to the game, by reading multiple requests of the sames things, to make my self clear, if they read 3000 threads about adding seasons to the game, they are going to end up adding seasons to the game and i contributed to that decision. Unlike 100 requests for skill points and xp.

You're contradicting yourself there. Going by what you say Rocket would have to add skill points and xp because they are frequently suggested.

Though that's besides the point because Rocket has made it clear that he will not give into popular demand, but will rather create the game HE wants it to be. So he will only add things HE likes which in turn means it's better to have a few threads with well thought out ideas that have a good discussion going on with everyone pitching in their ideas then the same stupid ideas popping up all the time.

Edited by James Ashwood

I admit defeat sir, and apologize for this thread