Sign in to follow this  
xforce@yourgamebuddy.com

DE 1861 Closing it's Doors

As the title says, i decided to shut down my DayZ server for good, it was fun while it lasted, i learned many things during this 2 months, banned quite a fair amount of cheaters, prevented most of the mass killing scripts with server side custom scripts, logged nearly all teleportation attempts and much more :)

I invested a lot of time in customizing the server and keeping it clean, i guess it worked, but right now i simply don't have the time and ambition needed to keep it clean anymore.

I would like to say thank you to all of you who played on DE1861 and i hope you enjoyed every second of it.

Regards,

Xforce.

Edited by Xforce

I'm not shutting it down because of cheaters, they were pretty rare after i implemented certain things server side, cheats provided by well known forums did not even work ... i just don't have the time for it anymore, updating, reading forums related to this and that, updating more :)

Also for what it's worth, cheaters started using attachTo and different methods for teleporting, the setPos filter is nearly useless and will only catch the really stupid ones

Edited by Xforce