Sign in to follow this  
benjybums

Unlootable downed choppers

Date/Time: 13th June 2012

What happened: cant get into crashed choppers

Where you were: by the two deer huts just south-east of Vybor

What you were doing: me and my friend found two crashed helis almost next to each other with spawning zombies etc, but we couldnt enter them nor find loot around. People is saying that the loot spawns around the chopper for 30 mins after restart but thats not true because we joined on server restart and found the choppers almost immediately with no loot...

*Current installed version: 1.7.0

You just said yourself that loot spawned 30 min after restart, and that you joined right after restart. So ofcource there is no loot.

But in other words. I also cant find loot near Heli's

They do spawn loot, unless it broken in 1.7.1.1 as i found a small amount of loot with 1.7.1 late yesterday eve, the loot is always on the floor and you cant get inside nor are they lootable themselves

items only spawn around it or underneath it sometimes. just need to walk around it and use your scroll mouse a lot till you see gear or a weapon in your window.

guess you was there way to quick then. and if its only 1 chopper out of 2 where you didn't find loot, why moan about it lol :P

I don't think you are supposed to get into a crashed chopper. I found one randomly andwas concerned that it was broken for 10 minutes, then came across an M14 AIM outside it on the ground. It drops the loot around it in 4 segments about 1-2 meters away from the sides.

Difficulty to see in night time especially with the beta gamma changes, you'd practically need a flashlight to even spot a downed chopper. IMO choppers need events ie: you hear it/see it, crash, orange glow of fire in the area it downed.

Would cause mini fights over the possible loot.

I don't think you are supposed to get into a crashed chopper. I found one randomly andwas concerned that it was broken for 10 minutes' date=' then came across an M14 AIM outside it on the ground. It drops the loot around it in 4 segments about 1-2 meters away from the sides.

Difficulty to see in night time especially with the beta gamma changes, you'd practically need a flashlight to even spot a downed chopper. IMO choppers need events ie: you hear it/see it, crash, orange glow of fire in the area it downed.

[/quote']

That's pretty good idea. I would love to see fights happen over crashed helicopters!

yeah - you dont need to get in choper - loot is all around them, and there is one iron box with super loot - i found it several times

yeah - you dont need to get in choper - loot is all around them' date=' and there is one iron box with super loot - i found it several times

[/quote']

I just found my first heli today. I don't know if it's because of the new low-loot bug, but the only box I found was a cardboard medical box. Otherwise, I found a DMR, some shotgun shells, and a tin can.

I've found 2 crash sites in the past 2 days (one in 1.7.1 and one in 1.7.1.1) and nether had the loot box or nor did I find any scattered loot around it, though it is entirely possible someone looted it already.

Found a chopper (1.7.1.1) with all the zombies around it, no zombie corpses anywhere nearby. Was checking the area with mousewheel for some time and didn't find anything.

EDIT: Found another chopper at NWAF, no loot to be seen - no zombie corpses around.

Also found chopper with like 8 zeds around,but did not see any loot.

On the other hand someone else might have been there first.

Same here, 1.7.1.1 found a downed chopper with no loot or corpse, just 8-10 army zed/pilots walking around on wich I looted 1 smoke grenade.

I don't think you are supposed to get into a crashed chopper. I found one randomly andwas concerned that it was broken for 10 minutes' date=' then came across an M14 AIM outside it on the ground. It drops the loot around it in 4 segments about 1-2 meters away from the sides.

[/quote']

That's pretty good idea. I would love to see fights happen over crashed helicopters!

Sounds romantic, but it wouldn't happen.

What WOULD happen, however, is a clan scout would spot the helicopter and an army of bandits would arrive, kill anyone who isn't with them and begin cycling loot.

Do you really think it would only be isolated firefights? ^.^

They do spawn loot' date=' unless it broken in 1.7.1.1 as i found a small amount of loot with 1.7.1 late yesterday eve, the loot is always on the floor and you cant get inside nor are they lootable themselves

[/quote']

The chopper itself can be looted I have done this many times, you just have to find the right angle for it. I have never found anything special in them but chemlights etc.

The loot usually spawns by the doors or tail sometimes items are by the front left. I found a ghille suit, bizon sd, 7.62 ammo crate, 5.56 ammo crate, and a medical supply box on the last chopper I found 2 days ago.