Sign in to follow this  
Godsmack (DayZ)

M24 & M16A2 (Fire station Appreciation)

Just recently I joined a server, I had never been on it before; However, I spawned in Chernogorsk. I sped through quickly and reached the fire station after going through bleeding atleast 500 times, and took a deep breath. Though zombies were chasing me inside, I ignored them as always.

I enter the first set of stairs, and I turn around to the floor because I noticed something "tan" in the corner of my eye. An M24?! I was excited, because it was amazing to finally see a sniper in the fire station, and not only is it a sniper, it's rare.

I went up the next set of stairs to notice a nice little M16A2 with two mags (forgot to mention, the M24 had three)!

Also, I while back ago I had found an M4A3 as I was running up the steps. I came.

Tell me your stories about the beloved Fire stations of Elektro, Cherno, and the NWA.

I was at the one at the NWA when I went into the tower. I had a full toolbelt, including a radio and soldier clothing. I had an M203 and an M9SD and I had just found a vehicle at its spawn in the NW. I was originally going to just go to the warehouses, but curiosity drove me to the barracks and eventually fire statio. In the tower, I found a dead body in a server with 4 people in it, including me. A second later a machine gun mows me down.

• Like 2

Aah yes.. The firestation.. Seems almost yesterday when I first joined DayZ and said: "what's that building over there?"

This building has been very good to me and very bad..

The very first time I ventured to a firehouse it was when my friend explained the basics of arma2 and the mod DayZ..  we walked into the compound in elektro power station and there were three random players in there, friendly natured, just messing about, grouping together and trading a few things..

When I went in there, I found nothing but tin cans and empty soda cans and I figured this building was just as good as those outhouses..

After reading guides, learned about the game engine, read the wiki's, learned every weapon's stats and familiarized myself with chernarus I came to the conclusion it wasn't as crap as I initially thought.

Spawned in, was in elektro, visited the store and gained an alice pack, couple of drinks and food.. Walked over to the firestation and found an m4a1 cco on the first floor and was extatic, knowing by now that this was a rare weapon to spawn, walked up the stairs and to my astonishment on the third floor I was greeted by a DMR, both weapons with two mags.

Never had such a great loot run at 'that building' again.

Regards;

ExtinctSquirrel

Edited by ExtinctSquirrel

before i knew how to get off the roof of the fire station i had ended up outside on the roof a few times. without knowing there was a ladder i would prone and roll off the side of the lowest main roof on the the halfstep down roof on the side of the building another roll would have me on the ground, albeit most likely bleeding and broken, but breathing none the less.

Most my my player encounters have occurred around fire stations as well, and surprisingly most have been at least somewhat friendly. not counting the times ive been shot in the tower of course.

True story - first time I played, I found an m16 in the Elektro powerplant. My friend came inside seconds later and found an m4!

A few lives later, we were on a different server hitting deerstands. Then, in one deerstand, we found both an m24 and an aks74u, both with some mags. IN A FRICKIN' DEER STAND!!!!

Well I once went to a firestation and got shot at by some snipers, then went up to bandit hill in elecktro and seen some players running off. I stalked for some time but got shot down after losing them and running in the open xD

I can't share the joy I am afraid. After playing for about 20hrs as newbie and visiting atleast 6 fire stations (even the one at NE airfield) I haven't found a single decent gun, or any gun at all for that matter. Just some random ammo most times. Have been playing fairly low populated servers so definitely unlucky on the drops it seems.

Reading these stories does keep my hopes up though:)

I can't share the joy I am afraid. After playing for about 20hrs as newbie and visiting atleast 6 fire stations (even the one at NE airfield) I haven't found a single decent gun, or any gun at all for that matter. Just some random ammo most times. Have been playing fairly low populated servers so definitely unlucky on the drops it seems.

Reading these stories does keep my hopes up though:)

be patient :3

ey ***diboopy,

Don't despair.

It happened to me a few times aswell, no loot or nothing but tin cans.

Look for signs people have been through the loot already;

- an item in a spawn point it shouldn't be in

- patrol pack in a shed

- jerry can in a supermarket

- weapon without any ammo

Had these happen to me a few times.

Knowing if someone has been through there and taken 'your' items kind of eases the pain of not getting them.. Kind of...

Regards;

ExtinctSquirrel

I once ran into the Firestation in cherno, I found an M14 with no magazines up stairs. I just picked it up because i had taken 4 DMR mags I had found earlier, originally to give to my mate. At this point, being on the top floor, 3 heavily armed players were running down the road straight at me. Popped all three and I was fully loaded. Only to go back into the firestation to be killed by a noob with a Winchester :'(

I once ran into the Firestation in cherno, I found an M14 with no magazines up stairs. I just picked it up because i had taken 4 DMR mags I had found earlier, originally to give to my mate. At this point, being on the top floor, 3 heavily armed players were running down the road straight at me. Popped all three and I was fully loaded. Only to go back into the firestation to be killed by a noob with a Winchester :'(

i'd know when to quit DayZ, hahaha