thoxon

The perfect game I never made, and how dayz is already half way there.

I've had this idea for a couple years, but never had the coding knowledge to attempt it. I think it would fit perfectly into dayz.

During the day time, you and your clan would run around collecting food, ammo, and supplies, pretty much how dayz is right now. But, with the addition of collecting building supplies like razor wire, generators, petro cans, flood lights, fences, sandbags, claymores and parts to build fortifications. I imagined the center piece of your base being a huge tower (like the ones in the marsh area from stalker clear sky/ fast foward to 4:59).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0uIY-LNX-w

The reason you’re collecting all these supplies is setting up a base for the night time to defend yourself from wave after wave of zeds. Not being in a base at night would be suicidal. I imagined having only certain areas for setting up the base like in an open field. (I think it would be cool to see another group in the distance going through the same horror as you and knowing there's nothing you can do to help them.) Vehicles would be used to ferry supplies back and for to your base before the night comes. Mind you, while you’re collecting all these supplies you still have the pvp element to deal with. You’re going to be fighting over the same resources as everyone else. Or you could be more diplomatic and barter with other factions (Up to your play style).

One major sticking point, another group can’t raid your base and steal supplies. Once the material has built into your base, it can’t be taken apart by another group only zeds can cause damage to your structure. I mean, a guess if you wanted to you could make it that other groups can steal supplies from your base. But, then you would have to leave people behind to defend it, and that would get kind of boring after a while if no one was attacking you. I see the night time as being strictly pve. This is when you spend all your time working with your group, defending yourself from the wave of zeds.

After the night’s over and you managed to survive, you repeat the process over of re-arming yourself, replacing damaged building materials, and preparing for the next nightfall.

What do you guys think?

Zeds attacking in hordes at night?

Nah too cliche, and would make lone survival impossible.

Sounds great for day z SP, whenever that comes out for good.

However, not compatible for multiplayer.

Zeds attacking in hordes at night?

Nah too cliche' date=' and would make lone survival impossible.

[/quote']

The 47 bandits make lone survival impossible.

Hide during the night and try to find people to join up with.

Or 'roleplay' a mute autistic child. I don't know.

I do like the idea of having generators and such. Maybe add heaters for at night? Maybe add things like deployable military tents as shelter? Flood lights would be fun for bases. When you think you have an intrusion. BAM! EVERYTHING IS BRIGHT!

Your idea seems cool when you just say it but when you actually think about the execution of it, starts to sound pretty unpractical. Especially for multiplayer like was said earlier