Sign in to follow this  
qwertyboat@hotmail.com

Should my game be laggy?

I think i have a pretty good PC but im getting choppy Frames when playing DayZ if anyone here could help me figure out what im doing wrong or if my pc is ust not strong enough to run this smoothly.

So these are my computer specs:

AMD FX 8150 Eight-Core processor 3.61GHz

16GB RAM

2x Nvidia Geforce gtx 670

Im abit of a tech noob so if you need to know anything else please ask.

Appreciate any response guys! and sorry for terrible english.

Can I see a screenshot of your in game graphics settings? And do you know the speed of your HDD?

I have an AMD 8150 but mine is running at 4.2 with 1866 RAM and AMD 6990 GPX card. I have some lag issues on some servers but on others it's 60+ Frames Per Second. So have you tried other servers?

Video settings

Texture detail: High

Video memory: Default

Anisotropic filter:High

antialising: Disabled

atoc: Disabled

Terrain detail:normal

object detail:normal

shadow detail:disabled

HDR:normal

PPAA:FXAA (sharp filter - low)

post process:disabled

interface:small

aspect:16:9 wide

vsync:disabled

and steam is on an ssd.

also leadon i have tried several servers.

have you tried an internet speed test yet? it sounds like you should be getting 60+ on this game I run it basically on the same system with higher settings. Find a speed test to make sure your net is optimum also. I can't think of a reason why your system is so slow. Have you tried to run disk clean up and defrag lately? Cache can kill FPS too. Also what background programs are running..ie Fraps, teamspeak, Ventrilo, Skype, anything like that?

Edited by Leadon77

Wow, you really shouldn't be lagging with those specs and settings..

I have an i7 @ 2.93Ghz, 8Gb RAM and a HD 6970 and I play with everything on high, HDR on very high and PPE disabled, lol.

12Mbps is also fine for gaming.

Hmm...

Skype has caused problems for me before I use Teamspeak now but that still shouldn't cause a huge FPS loss unless your video conferenced... Chrome is a non issue, and Dayz Commander isn't an issue those are both up when I game too. So the best that I can say is to check the drivers on your vid cards, if that doesn't fix it then not really sure without sitting there looking at the system (so hard doing troubleshooting without seeing how laggy it is) What does Dayz Commander say the ping on said servers should be? Only other thing I can think of is anything over 90 is usually gonna be a tad laggy.

Yup I'm at a loss here. Have you tried to defrag and disk cleanup on your SSD, other than that i can't think of any reason your not getting 60+ FPS on this rig...