Maxxgold (DayZ)

I finally had to terminate my services with Survival Servers

I finally had to terminate my services with Survival Servers. I would have to say they are the worst Server Hosting company I have ever used. Even when my server was working correctly the Tools and Admin Panel never worked correctly and still do not to this very day. Even if you get everything working, the bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error,

The 502 errors make it a painful task of editing your database and using your tools. Nothing like hackers on you Server and your trying to do something about it and all you see is 502 errors. For those of you that can run a server at home or somewhere I would suggest you go to http://www.tunngle.net/community/topic/88261-easy-server-installation-with-dayz-server-controlcenter-1726/ and download the control center and run your own server. It has all the features that survival servers offers and it's all on one page. You don't have to have 4 webpages open to admin your server and the Chernarus map looks amazing in this version. Check out my signature below. I set it up last week when Survival Servers couldn't seem to get my server working. It works great and I couldn't be happier. For those of you that are happy with admining your server by having 4 webpages open and constant 502 errors and 24 hours and longer for tickets to be answered, more power to you. Also for those of you looking to get your own server up and running I would make it a private white listed server. You will have a much better experience.

• Like 1

that 502 shit is fucking annoying

Edited by Bermymiyan
  • Like 1

that 502 shit is fucking annoying

Yeah it is super annoying and I don't think they will fix it anytime soon. I'm sitting here looking at my new admin panel and not one 502 error or any waiting for the page to refresh is awesome.

I was going to start my own hive until I realized what a pain you all have to deal with; and I am not quite in a life situation to start up my own farm in my house...

Sorry to see you go and I understand the issues you faced were very frustrating but all of them have been fixed (minus the 502 issue). Just so everyone knows, Robert (poster) was credited for the downtime because his server had a particular issue with an earlier release of Bliss that was very buggy. It's since been fixed and the current release of Bliss is far more stable.

Going with your own private hive on a dedicated server is a good idea but is much more costly than choosing a DayZ private hosting provider. You'll face the same issues. Bliss is very much in development and has a lot of work to become stable. It's a learning process for us and not something we can easily resolve like you would expect some huge company to resolve in a matter of minutes.

FYI, the 502 issue is being fixed this week as we're moving our website over to another server.

Edited by SurvivalServers

There was absolutely no need to come and make a post about how you terminated your services with survival servers, nobody gives a rats ass.

Considering that people looking to get a server will come to this forum, it's good for them to see what the customer experience is. I've based both of my choices in providers on what I've read on this section of the forums. It can save people from making a subscription for something they're likely to be unhappy with, or get them to pick a service they may have not considered.

I for 1 can vouch for survival servers, there a good hosting company, yea i have had problems but they get fixed, you just have to have patience, something this guy does not have because he bitches 24/7.

I think a lot of that comes from the fact that some people people have been getting increasingly frustrated with waiting for responses (occasionally beyond the 24 hour max that they advertise), and stable servers. Honestly, the 502 error is pretty minor concern to me because I've had lots of server downtime, but I can see how it'd get very frustrating while trying to administrate a running server.

It can also be equally frustrating to see other companies providing faster response times and far fewer serious issues. SurvivalServers are awesome to deal with when everything is running fine, but they do seem to get overwhelmed very easily.

Hes not the only one I terminated my services as well for the very same reasons. Let people hear both sides of the story and make up their minds. For example they are touting using Dayz Anti-hax and they are STILL on v .50 which is close to two months old. I asked them on September the 30 for an update, to them this was a "Closed" ticket since they bothered to respond to it. I considered it "open" since they never did the work. How much patience do they deserve? A month to complete a server ticket is ridiculous by ANYONE'S definition.

Survival Servers || Staff

We'll be putting it up by the end of the week most likely. There are a few other priorities like rMod and database backups on our plate. :) How would you rate this reply? Poor Excellent

Friday, October 5th, 2012 (07:35) || Client

Any update on this? Still showing v 0.5

Sunday, September 30th, 2012 (18:05)Survival Servers || Staff

Yes, we'll update it soon. How would you rate this reply? Poor Excellent

Sunday, September 30th, 2012 (09:42) || Client

Can we get an update for DayZ Anti Hax? The most recent build is DayZ Anti-Hax v0.8.1.1 (r43) which can be found. http://code.google.com/p/dayz-anti-hax/downloads/list

Edited by maddyn99

If they keep up with their customer service then you will have plenty more bandwidth coming your way.

Edited by bsmaff
  • Like 1

More bandwidth coming your way Khyron - 11/5 is the billing date for me and I won't be renewing... server is unplayable, everyone getting disconnected for high ping.

Last response I got was that 'the internet is under attack' and a series of links to prove it! Which is apparently what's causing my ping problem... even though I don't have that issue on any of the non-SS servers I log into.

Anti-Hax banned me from my own server, and was banning other people, Object Flooding - they were spawning zombies! How dare they! I finally had to disable it. SS told me to uninstall it... WTF good does it do?

Whitelist still not working - the answer was to use a password, and Gotcha...

Vehicles not spawning, I have to do those manually

All the great features they advertise are not helping me at all...

Edited by Core618

I have had good luck with SS. The problems seem to be more with DAYz and myself :( , but what do you expect from a Mod? Vehicles spawns are SS fault? IF this is true I'm going to start complaining :) Lately, I have had to restart my server after a scheduled restart for vehicles and tents to appear...

I'm new to the whole server thing and they have helped me with whatever questions I've sent them within 24hrs. I went with SS for $30 because GameServer was $75. I can deal with a little delay for service to save some money :rolleyes: 36hrs no response? Now thats a new debate B)

When SS works its good but their support sucks, they have less then 4 people working for them. If you post and say you have more then why is it that the same 2 people respond to tickets but no one else? even on the simple ones. Hire more staff and you will keep customers, dont hire staff and you will be like HFB be for the standalone comes out.

Edited by err0rPz