Arkham

My first day in the zombie apocalypse

Purpose of this thread is to give an utter noobs view on the game, both in game and learning gameplay. Hopefully others can read this and learn from my experiences.

I spawn in, on the shore of some land. I have NO idea where I am or what I am doing, or even what I am supposed to do. I see a figure walking towards me, so thinking he's another player i run over to say hi.

Oops. Hey, why is he eating my face?

I manage to pull out my gun and shoot him five times in the stomach. He goes down after the third shot, but since i've pulled the trigger so fast i end up wasting bullets. But now the blood icon is red and flashing, and the screen is shaking. What the heck do I do?

I open up the keybindings screen and start looking around. While I'm doing this, about 50 of my closest friends show up and chow down. Dead.

*sigh* ok, how do i respawn? It takes me a while, but i figure out that i have to abort, disconnect then rejoin. I've spawned in at another area. Still on the shore, but i see some buildings near by. I run towards them thinking i can get some phat lootz.

However, it seems that running in town is bad. I've managed to alert about 20 of my closest friends, who want to have a party by eating my face. I turn to run from them, and head towards the closest building I see.

Yay! A door, I can hide in here....er...the door isnt opening! Its nailed shut! Let me in!!! I run some more, trying to find a building i can get into. At this point there is a small cluster around me, so i go through about 3 clips taking down four friends. But they've been bashing me and the screen turns funny colors and my hand is shaking.

*munch munch munch*

Respawn again. I notice now that there are an eye and an ear icon on the right side of the screen that have bars that appear when i move quickly. Perhaps not moving quickly is a good idea? So i start WALKING towards a town that i see. Some of my friends are wandering around in the distance, but I dont want to party with them, so i drop the ground in the middle of a field and watch them shuffle around. Waiting...waiting..please go away...

*BLAM BLAM BLAM* *dead*

Respawn again. GRRRR. I'm nowhere near a town, but i see a railroad track and a road. I follow down the road (but not ON it) and see a town. This time I crawl the last 100 meters on my belly, and make my way into a two room house. I close the door behind me and see...beans! I pick them up and eventually figure out that I need to hit G to view my gear, then right click to eat them. Didnt seem to do much, but then i realized that my hunger meter is fully green. I probably wasnt that hungry. Oh well. I leave the building and sneak my way across the road towards another house. As i'm sneaking along, I see another guy RUNNING down the road, with about 50 of his friends right behind him.

Ut oh. His friends suddenly see me and become MY friends. He gets away, i get my face eaten off. Dammit.

Respawn YET AGAIN, and manage to make it into a town slowly. Pick through a few houses on the outskirts, but accidentally alert a friend that I'm here. This time i turn and BOLT for the nearby woods, and three friends follow me. Once i'm deeply in the woods I turn and head shot them.

TAKE THAT BITCHES!

Back into town, I hide myself in a house, pick it clean of beans and coke, lie down and log for the night.

Damn, what a fun game! Great job guys.

Sounds like all of our "first day" in the Zombie Apocalypse :)

Now being as you logged in a lootable building, I suspect day 2 will go something like

"Log in expecting to re loot building I logged out of. Spawn in and BLAM BLAM BLAM dead to a player in the building as I spawned in....respawn.."

LOL

Sounds like all of our "first day" in the Zombie Apocalypse :)

Now being as you logged in a lootable building' date=' I suspect day 2 will go something like

"Log in expecting to re loot building I logged out of. Spawn in and BLAM BLAM BLAM dead to a player in the building as I spawned in....respawn.."

LOL

[/quote']

Possible, but its a tiny building with only one room and an entry hall. I'm also (i think) in a very out of the way area of the map. Still on the coast, but not in a very large building.

Haha, when I bought the game I did the in game tutorial. I suggest it, it really helps. And in reply to Faamecanic, that might of been me ;) I've had some random dude spawn in front of me, and without a second thought I just blew his ass to china town.

Haha' date=' when I bought the game I did the in game tutorial. I suggest it, it really helps. And in reply to Faamecanic, that might of been me ;) I've had some random dude spawn in front of me, and without a second thought I just blew his ass to china town.

[/quote']

What in game tutorial? The Arma2 bootcamp, or does dayz have its own.

I just started and man, that was fun.

My first log in was at night. As you can imagine... very disorienting. I threw a flare out and saw a road. Then I threw another flare along the road and started following it. I quickly spent all 10 flares without finding anything but more road. I realized I couldn't do anything in complete darkness so I decided to respawn. I thought cities might have lights so if I respawned near one, I could walk towards it.

Spawned, I could hear the ocean but again, couldn't see anything. Threw a flare but it went over a hill. Walked towards it and somehow, fell on water. I swam for a long time, until I started to suffer from hypothermia but I couldn't find land. I couldn't send flares either because I was swimming. I still don't know what happened but maybe there was some cliff that I couldn't climb from water.

Anyway, I chose another server, hoping there would be daylight and voilá! I could see! :D

Spawned in the water so swam to shore. There were many zombies and 2 big silos with ladders. Sneaked to one ladder and climbed it to get a good view of the area. Saw someone prone before realizing that zombies could go prone too so I spent some minutes asking who he was over global chat. Eventually, someone told me I was talking to a zombie... :rolleyes:

While I was waiting for a good time to climb down the ladder, another player spotted me. He told me to run into a warehouse if I was spotted. Sure enough, they started attacking me while I was still going down so I ran to the warehouse. The other survivor got there too and we started to pick them off... until I had no bullets.

Then, we made a run for it and we split paths. When I lost them, my vision was all gray and shaking so I basically used everything in my inventory. Sneaked out of that crowded place and into a building. Found some more food there that I ate right away to recover, then I sneaked out of the urban area to a cluster of trees and disconnected.

So... here I go again! Vision's still gray and I'm at 4000 blood I think. Hopefully, I can get through it :cool:

I found the best way to learn about the game was to watch others letsplays. You quickly pick up tips from more experienced players. I had to wait 2 weeks till payday to buy the game so letsplays were the only way I could get DayZ fix in that time.

I found the best way to learn about the game was to watch others letsplays. You quickly pick up tips from more experienced players. I had to wait 2 weeks till payday to buy the game so letsplays were the only way I could get DayZ fix in that time.

Yeah good tip. I watch many videos during the last week and learned much. However I am still a big noob and spend much time at and around 5000 bp. But I am surviving.. for how long I do not know.