ventzer0

dedicated servers, managed server.. whats the best choice for either option

Hi,

as many of you I'm tired of the dayz hive support, not doing anything at all. So, private servers are the way to go apparently.

Some server hosters provide private serverhosting, but afaik there are always some problems, vehicles not spawning or customer support being not really helpful,...etc.

I see myself faced with the choice between, a dedicated server or an managed private hive.

What costs are to expected for a dedicated server? What does it have to have to be a valid choice as gaming server (hardware-wise)?

Features I want to have either on a managed or dedicated:

- database access

- ability to change map, loot tables, spawns, vehicles [i've seen some managed servers have those features as tools, do these exist for dedicated server aswell?]

- backups

- traffic unlimited

- EU based server

... what else is needed?

I've found a offer for a virtual server:

2x1,5ghz

4GB RAM

100GB

unlimited traffic

Windows Server 8 R2

29.99€/month

with unlimited adminitrative access

suggestions, additions, helpful input very welcome :)

which one of their offers is a private hive or is this an option for all of them? i cant see it being mentioned anywhere.

Hi,

as many of you I'm tired of the dayz hive support, not doing anything at all. So, private servers are the way to go apparently.

Some server hosters provide private serverhosting, but afaik there are always some problems, vehicles not spawning or customer support being not really helpful,...etc.

I see myself faced with the choice between, a dedicated server or an managed private hive.

What costs are to expected for a dedicated server? What does it have to have to be a valid choice as gaming server (hardware-wise)?

Features I want to have either on a managed or dedicated:

- database access

- ability to change map, loot tables, spawns, vehicles [i've seen some managed servers have those features as tools, do these exist for dedicated server aswell?]

- backups

- traffic unlimited

- EU based server

... what else is needed?

I've found a offer for a virtual server:

2x1,5ghz

4GB RAM

100GB

unlimited traffic

Windows Server 8 R2

29.99€/month

with unlimited adminitrative access

suggestions, additions, helpful input very welcome :)

We do our best to provide the most customization options for managed private servers.

- we have full database access through phpmyadmin or direct SQL access if needed

- you can change the map (through the control panel), and and vehicles (through the database mentioned above) - you can't edit the loot tables or loot spawns because those are actually contained within the client files and can't be changed server-side.

- we have automated database backups stored every 30 minutes for up to 48 hours

- we have two EU locations: London and Amsterdam

A dedicated server would give you even more control, in theory, but would take quite a lot of research and time to set up.

We do our best to provide the most customization options for managed private servers.

- we have full database access through phpmyadmin or direct SQL access if needed

- you can change the map (through the control panel), and and vehicles (through the database mentioned above) - you can't edit the loot tables or loot spawns because those are actually contained within the client files and can't be changed server-side.

- we have automated database backups stored every 30 minutes for up to 48 hours

- we have two EU locations: London and Amsterdam

A dedicated server would give you even more control, in theory, but would take quite a lot of research and time to set up.

LOL.  You are the absolute worst service provider I have ever been with.  Do not give your money to this scam artist.