Sign in to follow this  
The Lee Unit

Stand alone "dragging/carrying wounded"

hey, first of all im not sure if anything like this has been posted yet, i did a quick search and found nothing but would be surprised if it hasn't.

Having played dayz for a few months now the most frustrating thing is being one hit knocked out or being one hit (by a zeds) for broken legs, especially when morphine isnt always 100% available. what i was thinking is having the ability to 'drag' or 'carry' friends with broken legs or that are unconscious. in my opinion it would add for many interesting and unique experiences with friends and random survivors if your stuck in the middle of a field and somebody carries you or drags you to safety. the way i pictured it was something like the following (just a random picture of a soldier exercise.)

Fireman_carry_Army.jpg

Now i appreciate that it isnt going to come without people abusing it by people shooting limbs to kidnap people, because this is the internet after all, so maybe an option to decline the help or and option to "drop" yourself whenever you want. this addition in general would also make for some squeaky bum (intense) moments because the 'carrying' player wouldn't be able to fire a weapon at all or as effectively as if they were standing normally for example. im by no means a coder or game developer or any sort but with a similar style mechanic in the arma games already, it could make for a really fun addition.

if anyone has any more ideas on how to improve anything atall, feel free to add to it or rip it apart in any way you desire.

thanks for reading.

• Like 6

I think this is a great idea and would be an improvement! I have never really encountered a player that I could co-operate with, which is sad... I'd always bump into someone while running from zeds and yell 'friendly, friendly!!' or I'd get shot. But that's not the point. I haven't lost hope in finding someone that I can team up with and if so, carrying/dragging would mean you could get him to a safe spot and heal him, instead of doing it on open ground which most likely would result in death xD

I like this idea!! :thumbsup:

hey, first of all im not sure if anything like this has been posted yet, i did a quick search and found nothing but would be surprised if it hasn't.

Having played dayz for a few months now the most frustrating thing is being one hit knocked out or being one hit (by a zeds) for broken legs, especially when morphine isnt always 100% available. what i was thinking is having the ability to 'drag' or 'carry' friends with broken legs or that are unconscious. in my opinion it would add for many interesting and unique experiences with friends and random survivors if your stuck in the middle of a field and somebody carries you or drags you to safety. the way i pictured it was something like the following (just a random picture of a soldier exercise.)

Fireman_carry_Army.jpg

Now i appreciate that it isnt going to come without people abusing it by people shooting limbs to kidnap people, because this is the internet after all, so maybe an option to decline the help or and option to "drop" yourself whenever you want. this addition in general would also make for some squeaky bum (intense) moments because the 'carrying' player wouldn't be able to fire a weapon at all or as effectively as if they were standing normally for example. im by no means a coder or game developer or any sort but with a similar style mechanic in the arma games already, it could make for a really fun addition.

if anyone has any more ideas on how to improve anything atall, feel free to add to it or rip it apart in any way you desire.

thanks for reading.

beanzzzzzz to you! great idea man!

Why would this be a problem at all?

I mean, it is a way better then the bandits who just kill you because it is so difficult to kidnap someone in dayz.

Hell i would LOVE being kidnapped like this, this would really add to the immersion of a "real world scenario".

Just remember all the postapocalyptic movies where the raiders(for example) have kidnapped a bunch of people and let's say you run into a camp like this, are able to take out the bandits and free the prisoners..

They would be thankful for the rest of there lives, probably.

And if the person who carrys someone is not able to crouch and shoot, then it would also be not so easy to actually kidnap someone just like this.

I really like this idea, beans sir.

You can already drag a unconscious body...

Only one with broken legs is right now not dragabel :)

try it out, it's fun to drag a player somewhere else and make him to drop his gear after he is back. ;)

You can already drag a unconscious body...

Only one with broken legs is right now not dragabel :)

try it out, it's fun to drag a player somewhere else and make him to drop his gear after he is back. ;)

Yeah but you just "attach" the other body somehow on your body and you can continue doing everything like before, that's not what the OP means.

Yeah but you just "attach" the other body somehow on your body and you can continue doing everything like before, that's not what the OP means.

Ok, mabye they could make it more Realistic. But now i would like to get my hands on Standalone, making such a thing (that already works) more Realistic, is part of Beta, not in Alpha ;)

Ok, mabye they could make it more Realistic. But now i would like to get my hands on Standalone, making such a thing (that already works) more Realistic, is part of Beta, not in Alpha ;)

Ok, thats a good point but the idea at all is very interesting.

you can drag people, its a weird animation and cabe bugged so they can forever be in the same spot, its not like in arma 2, but we have it, when you have fainted but not for broken legs

They could easily do this. They all ready have these options in normal Arma. Not as in depth as you want but they do have it. I do want to see this in DayZ though.

I really like this idea too.

You can put me in the camp of "don't restrict it".

I wouldn't mind a suicide option though. It does suck to just sit there completely imobilized and no way to end it. Maybe the prerequisite is that you must have some sort of weapon or a knife?

thanks for the input so far, any more input what so ever would be appreciated :D