nikiller

Weapons jamming, wear and overheat

hi,

After my topic about stamina realism I suggest to add weapon jamming, wear and overheating.

- Clean/wear

Maybe a cleaning weapon kit item (like tool box) + weapon state HUD to indicate when you must clean your weapon. it works pretty much like food and water, HUD becomes flashing red when it's time to clean your weapon. If you don't do it, you increase the probability of weapon jamming/overheat/break. If you fire a lot you must clean your weapon more often. If you don't clean your weapon some time after the HUD is flashing then your weapon is broken and you must find another one.

- Jam/overhit

The probability of weapon jamming increase if it rains, if you go in water, if you don't clean your weapon for a long time, if you fire a lot. I'm not expert in weapon but I guess some weapons jam more than others then why not an additional jamming probability according to the type of weapon you carry. Your weapon will overheat if you fire in rock n'roll mod for too long.

I may forgot reason why weapon can be broken, jammed or overheat feel free to ad your suggestions.

cya.

Nikiller.

Jamming would be interesting. Overheating would be hard to do unless some how fired 400 rounds in about a minute. I've fired hundreds of rounds through a AR and it gets hot but never overheats.

Edit- made me think of this

I like this, but as i believe that the HUD should not be filled by more icons, a weapon that is going to overheat have smoke coming from the barrel, and then just have a higher chance of jamming. The same with a worn out weapon. Analyzing a weapon(by right clicking it) could give a heads up on the condition of the weapon.

Making weapons more and less durable considering their durablilty in real life would also be fun, where accurate assault rifles like the M16(especially older models) is good at shooting but sensitive to dirt could add another aspect to which weapon you choose, and then everyone would not run around with the same weapon all of the time.

I love the idea of weapons degrading, I don't think there would be enough ammo for the gun to overheat but degrading over time and having to clean your gun is an awesome idea