Eza (DayZ)

Killed by grenade launcher/mortar in FR 34 server

I was with my friends on balota airfields, we had parked our truck full of gear by the army camp. Good times were had, we managed to kill few people. There were four of us, me and two others were staying by our truck. One of us gets shot, now theres me and another one by the truck, we are getting really heavily shot from the forest on the other side of the open field, while fourth one has gone over to barracks.

My fourth friend over the barracks notices the guy shooting at us, and shoots at him, he claims it was clear hit with barret, he saw blood and all but he claims this shooter didnt die. Soon enough from the cover I start to see multiple explosions, hitting the forest on the other side of the open field. Then I suddenly just die, out of nowhere, and my friend tells me over the skype that I died of explosion, he too took heavy damage from the same explosion, so did our truck, but manages to escape with the truck.

fourth friend over the barracks tries again to take out him, but for what I understood he died before even having enough time to fire his gun, probably also dying by grenade launcher/mortar bombardment.

time: few moments before writing this message, about 22:04, Finnish timezone (GMT+2) 21.10.2012.

I returned to dayZ after probably three month break, to die on both days to cheaters. I think what is up ahead is so long break before standalone arrives. Hopefully it will be allright. This game already requires so much time, so it really frustrates to die because of these cheater kids. I´ve even heard some of them can lift off the ban.

Edited by Eza

There are guns in the game with Grenade launchers, a-la http://dayzdb.com/database/m4a1-holo and http://dayzdb.com/da...6a2-m203 Might want to do a little bit of research before making a thread.

Is there thing that grants you immunity to barret shots? might want to read the whole post before replying.

and the explosions were continuous, there were about 5-8 explosions within 5 seconds on the other side of the open field before one hit where me, my friend and the truck were. So, either it was hacker grenade launcher that can rapid fire continuously without having to reload the grenade launcher on the rifle, or it was mortar, which is not in the game.

Edited by Eza

I understand it's frustrating if you think it was hackers. Have you tried a decent private hive yet with good admins? They're not 100% immune to hackers but in the worst case scenario they will be permanently banned and sometimes the admin is able to roll back your characters progress so you can carry on where you left off. Where I play I haven't seen a hacker for at least 5 weeks. There's only been 3 recorded hacking attempts in the last 2 weeks (over 3 servers) and all were banned within 5 mins of trying to spawn in dodgy weapons, one guy teleported last week and was insantly banned. Also people get banned for combat logging if there's proof in the log's too.

A lot of progress has been made while you've been away but you need to find somewhere with admins that know how to use the tools available to them (and admins that actually give a shit about the community).

Edited by Fraggle

8 persons were at Balota, including you.'[TeamSix] Polisen' injured another player, so do you.'Albert', 'Rasmutin' and 'Jarkko' killed some players.Really I can't see some cheat, much more a gun fight ;)Fraggle comments are totally inappropriate regarding FR34.

Edited by facoptere

Excuse me? Read my post again. I didn't comment once on your server or the above post. I offered my opinion on how to best avoid hacking.

Edited by Fraggle

8 persons were at Balota, including you.

'[TeamSix] Polisen' injured another player, so do you.

'Albert', 'Rasmutin' and 'Jarkko' killed some players.

Really I can't see some cheat, much more a gun fight ;)

Well, that closes the case. Thank you :)

I wonder what those explosions were... really weird... maybe they werent the ones who spawned the weapon? I´ve heard of cases where people find fighter jets that obviously are not in-game, but are instead spawned by hackers and left there... but okay, I´ll shut up now. cheating not involved.

Thanks again :)

Excuse me? Read my post again. I didn't comment once on your server or the above video. I offered my opinion on how to best avoid hacking.

? who are you talking to ? and about what ?

edit: oh I see. nvm.

Edited by Eza

I regularly find M203 HE rounds for the noob tube. It's not that uncommon.

It might also be a satchel charge, or even a car exploding.

However, if the explosion is conspicuously large, and cover a big area with consecutive shots, then it is an artillery hack.

Edited by kebman

Is there thing that grants you immunity to barret shots?

Severe desynch can provide the illusion that you're hitting them, but you're not. It doesn't have to be both people desynching, either.

and the explosions were continuous, there were about 5-8 explosions within 5 seconds on the other side of the open field before one hit where me,

Isn't there the very likely possibility that there was more than one assailant, and that it was a coordinated ambush?

Not saying that there isn't any possibility that he, or they, were hacking, but there also exists the possibility that they, or he, outplayed your group with an ambush.

• Like 1

I wonder what those explosions were... really weird...

I will try do find mortar traces in logs, but it is generally difficult to catch. More difficult is to find out who triggered it.

Few lines like that :

21.10.2012 16:00:02: Albert (X.X.X.X:2304) guid - #44 "G_40mm_HE" 411:74 411:65 [4930,2547,13] [-25,-74,10]

Albert is banned.

Edited by facoptere
  • Like 1