Sign in to follow this  
Tyneic

Banned from FR 156 for shooting at the admin.

I was running at the ocean, doing nothing and seeing a bandit swimming there. Of course i shot at him several times and he Alt+F4'd. Nothing unusual so far. ~10 Minutes later i got kicked from the Server with the Message "#2 Admin Ban (Let me swim for 10 minutes)".

That's a big sign of Admin abuse and I really hope there are consequences to be cut onto this server since there is nothing between an admin who bans people that try to kill him or a script kiddie.

Greetings~ Tyneic

Since we have to heal nearly daily our own (expensive) server from massive log spam (Gigabytes of logs per DAY !!!, due to sunken vehicules) with some ridiculous ingame "tricks", we can't take consideration of the players on the server anymore.

This day, it was the 5th attempt (one hour of work !) to ramp under water with a broken leg (as a fresh-spawned unarmed SURVIVOR, not a bandit...), in the intention to save a crashed helicopter at the beach on electro. You killed me 2 or 3 times before (i guess it was you, it was always a guy in a ghuillie, coming each time from the same direction), so i took the liberty to give you a 10 minutes ban, just to have the time to finally accomplish my "mission".

You can't imagine how frustrating it is to have to do such an unpleasant job, every day, before you can finally start playing. I am sorry, but sometimes we want to play too, you know?

For you, it was just missed murder. For me it was one more ruined evening (btw, thx to the developers who ignore the weeks old bug ticket).

But you could'nt know this, so I apologize that you took the ban personally.

I would do it again, however, because this is the only way to get rid of such broken and unrepairable vehicules, and i don't have the time to wait for the grace of bandits who camp on coast and kill unarmed survivors. ;)

Have nice Dayz...

Edited by coolcow

Btw, this temp ban was removed on October 21th at 11:40 AM GMT.

Our goal is to provide the better experience to players, we apologize about this situation, but can you try to understand that killing 5 unarmed peoples (1 bandit, 4 regular) on a spawn point during 30 minuts, with an AS 50, is kind of dumbass playing ?

We saw you, we try to send you messages... Any answer was given. So we decided to kick you for a short period... just to allow to ALL players to play with a new chopper in future days.

@CombatWombat : can you please consider the whole and entire story before proclaming judgment...

This issue is closed for FR 156 admins, next time you can contact us via PM on this forum.

Have a nice DayZ

Nevertheless, this is still admin abuse. You, as a player, are getting fed up of getting legitimately killed, no matter how 'douchey' it is, and using your administrative abilities to do something about it. From what I can see, this guy temp banned him so that he himself could complete a personal goal, nothing of the benefit to anyone else on the server. You can all tell yourselves it was a rational ban, but in fact it was really just admin abuse. Many other players suffer the same fate and cannot do anything about it. Just because you are an admin, doesn't mean that you can't take the same shit that everyone else gets. Other servers suffer the same problems as you do, I personally know being a former admin myself, and I know that it is no easy task. However, you must take in to consideration the reputation of your server and the effect that any enforcement of administrative power will have on any players. Overall, you can't just kick/ban even if it is just temporary, for your own personal goals. I have 'proclaimed' this judgement using the evidence given to me so no, it is no rushed judgement. I also like how you told him to PM you instead of voicing his rightful outrage on a public forum. Please don't be expecting me, or any of my buddies to be on your server any time soon.

Have a nice DayZ, there's my two cents.

Edited by CombatWombat

A multicore server with 8 gigabytes of RAM (@Hamstafari: or was it 16, it don't know exactly ?) entirely dedicated to only one dayz instance and running with 5-10 fps, just because a vehicule are creating gigabytes of damage logs per day. Thx for the 2 cents , but our server is a bit more expensive than that...

Btw: my personal goal is NOT to play dayz as a diving simulator. I was under water for administration purposes. So ridiculous it sounds, that's the harsh dayz administration reality...

Edited by coolcow

16 Gb of RAM.

3 Go of logs per dayz when a vehicle is crashed into the ocean.

So ok, 2 cents contribution. Your philosophy is a good practice, but in this real world, I'd had a technical issue on a server and major risk of filesystem compromission. So we had try to solve that. Next time we'll lock the server for maintenance... Oups damned, that's also not good, the manual said that is forbidden...

This is my last contribution to this thread (it seems to take a troll way).

Edited by Hamstafari

Nevertheless, that is your problem and you should treat and respect your players well if you wish to have a decent playerbase. I too will stop posting, because you guys are obviously too busy sticking your heads in your server logs to realise the problem.

Have a nice DayZ.

oh, and by the way, not every server seems to have the problem that you are having, so possibly consider an alternative route than the current path you're taking.

The alternative route is to do nothing, to clean the gigabytes of logs manualy each day, and leave the high performance server run with low fps and with more and more vehicules that no one can longer be able to use.

Bro, it's not that complicated:

* do nothing: permanent bad game experience for ALL players on our server.

* restart the whole server in administration mode to save the vehicules without be disturbed by bandits: against the official administration rules AND ALL connected players are affected.

* kick the one bandit who prevent us from doing our "work" for 10 minutes: ONE player affected for a very short time

It's easy to pretend we are doing it wrong, without saying how to do it better...

...there is NO clean administration solution to this problem. We HAVE to do it ingame. It is a big pain in the ass. So, what you are saying is not that wrong: it IS our problem cause we spent a lot of time trying to assure a well server performance for all connected players (us included. i know, it is a shame... o.O).

I have already apologized to the affected player for the inconvenience, so what's your problem ?!

Edited by coolcow