cassu2

L85A2 AWS - Legit?

...So I found this weapon at the helicopter crash site, on server US 10 Chicago. The crash site was on the NW side of NWA.

Mind you: this weapon has IR & NV scope on it, and uses STANAG ammunition, so it's awesome.

Later at night, I get killed by a hacker (HUGE explosion). Luckily I was on livestream with one guy, and there was a DayZ dev or someone with ability to spawn stuff watching it. Well, he kinda rollbacked our characters to the point before we died from the hacker. One thing though: He said that the weapon L85A2 AWS isn't legit. And I found it on helicopter crash site.

...Just what?

PS. and on top of that, our camp has been found out and my Ural (with full of weapons and ammunition) was stolen. The camp was almost literally in the middle of nowhere (and the server is usually low-populated), so I believe it's hacking. One of my Steam-friends has a hack that you can spawn weapons with, teleport anywhere, see every player and vehicle on map etc. etc. (note: I haven't abused this hack at all, don't know about him.)

The hacking is going a little bit overboard.

Two days ago I was on RU server and there was Apache flying at Elektro, some random explosions at distance and some guy noscoping (and obviously killed) us with M107 rifle from about 500 meters. -.-

I love this mod and I appreciate all the work you've put in to this, but the hackers and abusers (e.g. PvP d/c) are killing the fun. I hope you come up with some kind of solution, Rocket. You're /the/ man.

Link to the picture of the weapon: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/560944541662249082/2F8EA8822600776AAD8C682859200334FAE0ADDA/

One model of it for sure is, I'd keep it.

Edit: ninjad :D, i guess it's not legit..

Afaik it's legit. I've found two or three. It's the L85A2_RIS_CWS.

Also, the weapon sucks. Good for scouting out though. 5.56 kind of limits it's engagement range.

Tyrog, why did you link that, the Wiki has wrong name on it, it's AWS, not RIS CWS.

Check my link for the picture, you can see that it looks exactly the same.

Tyrog' date=' why did you link that, the Wiki has wrong name on it, it's AWS, not RIS CWS.

Check my link for the picture, you can see that it looks exactly the same.

[/quote']

Yes, sorry about that, I didn't check your screenshot, I was wondering what the scope was. I guess it might be legit then :P

yes it's legit. And you can switch between night vision and thermal :-)

So the dev removed it without any reason! For f's sake.

Apparently, sorry!

I had one in my backpack, but when I spawned yesterday, it was gone.... and there was a Makarov in its place! Oh the horror.

The dev was kind enough to replace it with M4A1 CCO SD. Though only regular ammo (one mag). Thanks alot. :/

yupp, it seemds like devs dont know what to keep or add in this game..

wonder if its gonan continue heading downhill, now that bandit costumes are gone, heli's gone, lux suv gone, and now that weapon aswell...

"lets remove all the flashy rare stuff"(not talking about the bandit skin beeign rare, but it put flavor to the game, knowing what people were

Hey guys same problem with our ural who disappeared yesterday after server restart i think it's a bug with new cars :/ nothing else has disappeared

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! I hope the Ural will be back, as well as the Offroad, those were our vehicles, and they were added in the last vehicle update right? They were loaded with stuff, literally.

I believe this is a complete list of items currently spawning into 1.7.0. Don't now if it differs from previous versions. I imagine weapons not on this list were either remnants from previous versions or hacked in...

AK_47_M/weapon (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0.125, MilitarySpecial:0.15)

AK_74/weapon (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0.15, MilitarySpecial:0.1)

AKS_74_kobr/weapon (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0, MilitarySpecial:0.1)

AKS_74_kobra/weapon (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0.08, MilitarySpecial:)

AKS_74_U/weapon (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0.05, MilitarySpecial:0.1)

AmmoBoxSmall_556/object (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0.1, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0, MilitarySpecial:0.04)

AmmoBoxSmall_762/object (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0.1, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0, MilitarySpecial:0.02)

BAF_AS50_scoped/weapon (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0.02, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0, MilitarySpecial:)

BAF_L85A2_RIS_CWS/weapon (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0.01, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0, MilitarySpecial:)

Binocular/weapon (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0.06, MilitarySpecial:0.1)

Binocular_Vector/military (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0, MilitarySpecial:0.01)

bizon_silenced/weapon (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0.05, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0, MilitarySpecial:)

Crossbow/weapon (Farm:0.06, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0, MilitarySpecial:)

DMR/weapon (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0.1, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0.01, MilitarySpecial:0.02)

DZ_Assault_Pack_EP1/object (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0.06, MilitarySpecial:0.02)

DZ_Backpack_EP1/object (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0.02, MilitarySpecial:0.02)

DZ_Patrol_Pack_EP1/object (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0.04, MilitarySpecial:0.03)

FN_FAL/weapon (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0.02, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0, MilitarySpecial:0)

FN_FAL_ANPVS4/weapon (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0.02, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0, MilitarySpecial:0)

glock17_EP1/weapon (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0.1, MilitarySpecial:0.2)

huntingrifle/weapon (Farm:0.01, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0, MilitarySpecial:0)

ItemEtool/weapon (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0.05, MilitarySpecial:0)

ItemFlashlightRed/military (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0.1, MilitarySpecial:0.05)

ItemGPS/weapon (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0.01, MilitarySpecial:0.01)

ItemHatchet/weapon (Farm:0.06, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0.12, Military:0, MilitarySpecial:0)

ItemKnife/military (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0.08, Military:0.1, MilitarySpecial:0.15)

ItemMap/military (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0.05, MilitarySpecial:0.03)

ItemSandbag/magazine (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0.02, MilitarySpecial:0)

LeeEnfield/weapon (Farm:0.04, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0, MilitarySpecial:0)

M1014/weapon (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0.1, MilitarySpecial:0.2)

M107_DZ/weapon (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0.01, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0, MilitarySpecial:0.01)

M136/weapon (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0, MilitarySpecial:0.01)

M14_EP1/weapon (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0.05, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0.01, MilitarySpecial:0.03)

M16A2/weapon (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0.05, MilitarySpecial:0.1)

M16A2GL/weapon (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0.01, MilitarySpecial:0.05)

M16A4_ACG/weapon (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0, MilitarySpecial:0.05)

M24/weapon (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0.01, MilitarySpecial:0.01)

M240_DZ/weapon (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0, MilitarySpecial:0.01)

M249_DZ/weapon (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0.05, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0, MilitarySpecial:0.01)

M4A1/weapon (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0.02, MilitarySpecial:0.1)

M4A1_Aim/weapon (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0.01, MilitarySpecial:0.02)

M4A1_AIM_SD_camo/weapon (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0, MilitarySpecial:0.04)

M4A1_HWS_GL_camo/weapon (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0, MilitarySpecial:0.02)

M4A3_CCO_EP1/weapon (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0.01, MilitarySpecial:0.08)

M9/weapon (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0.05, MilitarySpecial:0)

M9SD/weapon (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0.02, MilitarySpecial:0.02)

MedBox0/object (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0.1, Hospital:0.5, Industrial:0, Military:0, MilitarySpecial:0)

Mk_48_DZ/weapon (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0.03, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0, MilitarySpecial:0.01)

MP5A5/weapon (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0.04, MilitarySpecial:0)

MP5SD/weapon (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0.02, MilitarySpecial:0)

NVGoggles/weapon (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0.01, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0, MilitarySpecial:0.01)

PartWoodPile/magazine (Farm:0.12, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0, MilitarySpecial:0)

PipeBomb/magazine (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0, MilitarySpecial:0.01)

Remington870_lamp/weapon (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0.08, MilitarySpecial:0.1)

Skin_Camo1_DZ/magazine (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0.08, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0, MilitarySpecial:0)

Skin_Sniper1_DZ/magazine (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0.05, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0, MilitarySpecial:0)

SVD_CAMO/weapon (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0, MilitarySpecial:0.01)

UZI_EP1/weapon (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0.05, MilitarySpecial:0.2)

WeaponHolder_ItemJerrycan/object (Farm:0.06, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0.04, Military:0, MilitarySpecial:0)

WeaponHolder_PartEngine/object (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0.01, Military:0, MilitarySpecial:0)

WeaponHolder_PartFueltank/object (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0.02, Military:0, MilitarySpecial:0)

WeaponHolder_PartGeneric/object (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0.04, Military:0, MilitarySpecial:0)

WeaponHolder_PartGlass/object (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0.04, Military:0, MilitarySpecial:0)

WeaponHolder_PartVRotor/object (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0.01, Military:0, MilitarySpecial:0)

WeaponHolder_PartWheel/object (Farm:0, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0.06, Military:0, MilitarySpecial:0)

Winchester1866/weapon (Farm:0.06, HeliCrash:0, Hospital:0, Industrial:0, Military:0, MilitarySpecial:0)

Well, it's listed there: "BAF_L85A2_RIS_CWS/weapon".

That is it. In-game name is L85A2 AWS though, but still the same gun. And a dev removed it from me because it is illegitimate? FFS, really.

I have my L85.

Maybe they removed it because of the big hacker wave yesterday? but mines in my truck

also if your vehicle disappears, it will come back eventually (server restart usually) unless it actually got stolen by another player.

how do i switch from nightvision and thermal on the l85a2? :O i just found one :D:D:D

Afaik it's legit. I've found two or three. It's the L85A2_RIS_CWS.

Also' date=' the weapon sucks. Good for scouting out though. 5.56 kind of limits it's engagement range.

[/quote']

Not really because you can actually zero the weapon.

L85A2 is a beast weapon. Sure it's only 5.56, but the range and assorted optics make it an excellent scout utility. I use it along with my DMR. Works wonderfully. :)

Umm... A "LOT" of weapons in Dayz are 5.56 besides the AK's and the Sniper rifles. 5.56mm is the most commonly used ammo in the US Army. I've used a 5.56 for some pretty long range stuff. Not like you can see past its effectiveness range limit.