Sign in to follow this  
spankimus

US 1037 has gone private! Many vehicles + side chat + very active admins!

Yep, that's right! The once extreme Elektro deathmatching server has turned private with all the latest fixes included, reverting us back to the good ol' classic DayZ it was from the start!

-Hosted by Disturbed-Gamers, we do our best to offer everyone a clean, hack free DayZ experience. We have several admins on throughout the day, there to assist you with whatever problems/questions you have, and also making it easier to combat the hackers. With reboots every few hours, load times and server lag is kept to an absolute minimum, and loot recycled so everyone has a shot at getting gear!

-Vehicles will be added in periodically as we receive more regular players... this way they all aren't horded up by just a few people right off the bat. So now is the best time to get in and get your camp setup!

-We also have a public TeamSpeak server we allow players in our server to use. You may find the IP in-game by watching the server messages, or simply just ask in side chat!

Been on this server for a few days now. Lot's of vehicles, side chat, and best of all....hax and scripts are dealt with quickly. The admins review logs regularly so if you get away with it once, you'll still get the ban-hammer in a day or so.

Check this one out if you want to play on a legit server with much less B.S. than you see on the public hive.

I don't believe so Medic.

Also, I'd like to mention a couple of things about 1037.

It does have a side channel chat. The admins would appreciate it if players kept it free of profanity and abusive/offensive language. Warnings are given and boots will follow if ignored.

There are several regular players on this server not-including the admins. Many have vehicles but by no means are there vehicle hoarders. Vehicles are there and just need some parts to get running. Point being, for new players logging on to 1037 for the first time: The best thing to do would be to play smart, and be courteous. Don't log on and immediately start spamming side channel asking for rides. On public servers that'll typically get you murdered and you should employ the same cautious attitude here until folks get to know you a bit.

We're trying to build a fun server for folks that can play on without having to deal with script-kiddies. Want to be a bandit? Bring it! We love to mix up a little PvP now and then. Shooting on-sight is not going to get you in hot-water with the admins, but if you see someone and they don't see you, you can speak to them in the direct communication channel if you want to announce yourself. If you get killed or sniped, be mature and accept that this is a part of the game. It took me a while to understand that and not rage at being murdered. To be honest, I think I have the most fun when I have nothing and am looking to gear myself up again. When I'm all pimped out I'm almost afraid to move alone for fear of losing all my hard-earned gear LOL.

Sorry to anyone who may have been trying to connect through the night (Not very many from the looks of it), we're finding it to be beneficial to just leave the server shutdown in the dead hours of the night during the weekdays, until we can get automated backups up and running on the server.

Thinking about locking it with a password at the dead hours of the night when no admins are on, so our trusted regulars can still play... Will discuss this in-game later today most likely.

If there is anyone out there who does have knowledge of setting up automated backups and how to successfully restore the data who wouldn't mind sparing a minute, please pm me here!