Elektrobot

Suggestions for zombies behaviour and design

Greetings, DayZ Team!

Let me to suggest some minor zombie improvements. I hope my efforts coincide with your vision of the DayZ game design.

Suggestion 1. New behavior: "angry zombie".

Phase 1. Initial state. Sits quietly on the ground.

Phase 2. It's anger is growing and it's crying become louder. Still sits on the ground.

Phase 3. Quickly running a short distance in any direction with threatening cry. Nearest zombies pay attention and come closer.

Phase 4. Sits and calm down (initial state).

It's assumed that such behavior will bring an element of surprise in gameplay. For example, this behavior could easily provoke the nervous players to reckless shooting.

Suggestion 2. Optimization of zombie spawn points.

I noticed that the zombies spawn from nowhere. It looks pretty strange like some kind of teleport magic. I think that it's would be more logical if spawn points will be placed in doorways, near the porches, in the dark corners, near the cellar doors, in the bushes, etc.

Suggestion 3. New zombie skin: "Player skin".

I believe that it will be interesting to add a zombie skin, based on player skin.

It's assumed a lot of interesting game situations with addition of this zombie skin. For example, promiscuous criminals will mistakenly shoot these player-skinned zombies, uncovering their position to other players and attracting the attention of other zombies.

PS: My apologies for bad english!

Suggestion 1.

Z's don't have emotions. They're just beasts who react to what they hear/feel. Everything that makes noise/ is big enough to be seen is a prey and they start chasing it. They just want to eat. So I'm not sure why they would be angry... Nevertheless, zombies erratic behavior would be a great idea, as you say it would add an element of surprise.

Suggestion 2.

Great idea but I think it's part of further patches.

Suggestion 3.

Great idea :P

Z's don't have emotions.

Good point! Let's determine this behaviour correctly - irrational. The main idea is in unexpected noisy actions of some zombies that should make some players act nervous and mistakenly.

Would it be possible to make a sort of secondary zombie spawn area away from towns? When they respawn out of nowhere sometimes it looks really weird. My idea for how this would work is say you and a buddy kill all the zombies in the immediate area in a small town like Pusta. Instead of after a little bit, more zombies just appear in town, make it so that they spawn out of sight in the woods or something and start walking towards the last gunshot sounds, like they were somewhere else and heard the shots. Is something like that possible or anywhere near practical?

Most of those modifications comes with game further dev I think.

Nice suggestion though, that's the kind that adds more to this section