Sign in to follow this  
zantiago

U.B.C.S. Ressurected over night!(Complete Story)

Good evening ladies and gentlemen.

My name is as the profile name states.

I am a proud member of what some might have thought was a Squad that dispersed after the shutdown of the server's we were running. (Thank you again Bluefox for keeping them up so long)

I am just here to state that the Squad is far from dead.

And we are very much alive, and still playing DayZ.

But you will not find us on any public server's anymore, simply due to the overwhelming numbers of hacker's and exploiter's. So we have moved over to a private Hive, which one it is, will be kept a secret unfortunately.

Here however is a little tale of what happened the night we came back to the game after a shorter break.

I was sitting around mourning what felt like the fall of our long standing squad, and I was tired of seeing something just wittle away and die.

I went over to the forum, and started a post, mentioning that I had come back to play Dayz after a break, but was met with hacker's, cheater's and exploiter's on nearly every server.

I needed guidance and help, I wanted the fight for survival feeling back..

I ended up getting a few PM's, and to the joy of my life.

There were hope in the horizon.. If I left the social kvadrant I lived in, and moved to a private Hive..

So I got on steam and started spamming my mates, I needed them to come check this server out with me.

After about 30minutes of chatter, thing's were heading in the right direction..

Games were being installed, and updates were running. And knowing the british ISP's this would take some time, so I went on the server while I waited, hoping to get some inside info on how the server was run, and who was ontop of the foodchain..

Well inside, and newly spawned I spotted something in the bottomleft of my screen..

Wait.. Is this??

SIDECHANNEL!

This server had Sidechannel.

Amazed and abit in awe I started talking to a few fellas in the chat, and all of them actually sounded very friendly. People asking for lift's to cherno, elektro, asking for chopper rides to the North West Airfield and such.

I started wondering though.. Is there any bandit's here? Or would we be the first established group of bandits to set foot in here. So my curiosity got the better of me, so I asked..

Zantiago: So this seem's like a very friendly server =)

Zantiago: But what of the bandit's? alot of them arround aswell?

To which I got the answer, that sounded something like this: Bandit's are on the bottom of the food chain here, mostly because of the main clan, ruining all their camps with their chopper's..

I was to say the least, overjoyed.

I got one guy in on the server, and currently we were only two people there.

And we were not geared by any mean's or gain's. We all started out fresh by the sea. Looking for some equipment to start getting back to our old standard's.

We managed to meet up, got some food and the usual survival kit, and started heading north.

Having been all the way up to the NWAF, having no luck finding any high end military gear, or equipment, we started heading back again. And then my mate got an idea. The clock slammed 12.. It was in the midnight..

Yoko says: Well you know Zan, we could always go to the place which shall not be named.

A chill went down my spine as I answered. Are you NUTS? You want to go THERE? In the middle of the night? With no NVG's, no flares, and it was pitchblack(read: no moon, whatsoever, so turning the brightness and gamma up did nothing for us)

I agreed to it, so we went to The Green Mountain !... (breath's slowly)

Rain whipping against our face as we are running through the forrests of Chernarus.

Sweat is dripping as we close in on the mountain.. Shiver's starting to flow through our body as we are moving up there.. Slowly crouchwalking up toward's the tower..

It's quiet Yoko says.. To quiet I replied..

We get up, and we hear no rassling in the grass, nothing seem's to be moving up here. Not even a single hoarse groan from the inside of the compound.

Either we are very lucky, and the zombies haven't spawned, or there are someone here who has already cleared the zombies out, and are now laying in wait.

Or... <Gulp> There are something there.. But we can't hear or see it..

We crawl up to the gate, just to peak in.. Not a soul, living or dead.. No sound's, nothing.. Flies in the distant south west corner where the mass grave lies.

This moment.. Everything seemed frozen in place by time.. I opened the gate and we moved in.. The UAZ was gone. But Yoko found an ATV that needed repair's..

I figured that someone had to stay back in the compound and guard the ATV. As we are new on the server, just getting a vehicle would go a long way in helping us establish ourselves.

We agreed that I would stay back in the compund. So I crawled up in the tower and sat down.. While Yoko went off.

Minutes passed by, without anything happening... When it finally hit me.

It's midnight.. I am sitting ontop of the famous radio tower that is The Green Mountain <ALONE>

Even if something happened, nobody would hear my scream's. If something happened, I would only dissapear, to never be found again. I started shivering even more.

I could feel the moist air seeping in under the door behind me... I glared at the ladder.. Whatever happens. I was not gonna go down without a fight..

Grabbing a good hold of my M4A1.. Sitting there.. When suddenly a LOUD Crack happened, what seemed like right outside my door..

I jumped in the chair.. Do I dare opening the door to see what was going on?

I switched my M4 over to full auto.. Backed as far away as I possibly could from the door. And then opened it again.. And as soon as I hit <Open Door> it happened again.

But now.. NOW I saw what it was... Damn Thunder..

I shook my head, laughing a bit inside as I close it, and go back to guarding the ladder..

Minutes go by.. Passing the 15minute mark.. I start feeling sleepy, struggling to keep my eyes open when suddenly a large groan, and then my camera bumps as I turn arround to see a Zombie, 5cm's away from my face. Shaken to death, my M4 unload's a whole mag into the cavity of this poor dead soul..

Yoko end's up comming back..

Did you find anything?

Inwhich he replies.. Well.. Both Yes and No..

Me sitting there as a questionmark, he start's talking again.

I've been to all the shacks nearby. But i Couldn't find anything..

Damnit I said.. A tad annoyed..

But then he continues: But I did hear a chopper, and I asked in sidechannel who the owner was. Pretending to be new to the game, he got the answer's he needed.

It belongs to a Clan on this server.. But it get's better he said.. I followed the sound, until I heard it stop for about 30second's and then dissapear..

And i Marked the spot I think it landed on with my GPS, so let's go check it out!

And this is where thing's get funky..

We pay attention to the Sidechannel as we close in on the spot! We circle arround the area without finding anything, but on our way back to the NWAF after giving up the search, Yoko spot's something down to the right side of the mountain.

Wait.. Is that? I look at Yoko.. A chopper we say in sync.

We move down and what do we find?

Ural, and Pickup truck. both are loaded with Weapon's, so we kit up, and check the chopper's condition.

It's in great shape, but will need some fuel, so we take the Jerry Can's out of the truck and fill it up.

Yoko, fly this thing north I said, and I'll take the URAL. He was getting desperate. His joystick was NOT WORKING!

<I GET NO RESPONSE FROM THE CONTROLLER>

Well fly it normally then?

I suck at that.. Oh for crying out loud man. We need to move, they are on the shore picking up someone I think. They might be back any second.

Yoko is getting stressed out, as he is manually setting the keys.

I wait a sec and then turn toward's the chopper from the URAL. Aight Yoko, you ready?

<Nearly there man, 2sec> And as he say that I can read from the sidechannel that they are nearly done with what they were doing down south with the other chopper.

This could go sour so quickly, and we need to move now..

I'll start driving north, and I set off.. Halfway to our destination we can hear the chopper. And I stop the truck immediately and turn off the engine.

I hear it circling just half a click behind me.. Shit.. I can't wait here..

Then I read this in Sidechannel:

Unknown: So what are you guys doing up north? Just sitting in the forrest with your AS50's

And me being my regular self, really couldn't help myself..

Zantiago: Hehe, no sir. But I do have a couple of AS50's in the back of this URAL I'm driving =)

Laughing on Teamspeak as I said it, and then we waited. We wanted to bait the original owner's.

Having taken all we needed from it. Including NVG's, we didn't care about it.

And then we got our wish

Clan Member1: That's my fucking URAL

Zantiago: Is it? Didn't see your name on it mate. Are you sure?

Clan Member2: Oh you made him mad now =)

Zantiago: Don't worry. He will get it back soon. I just needed a lift north.

Clan Member1: You are fucking dead, we are gonna hunt you down.

Zantiago: I welcome the challenge. But why are you so mad? it's just gear, and you were hoarding it. It was bound to get found..

Clan Member1: That's not why we are hunting you down.

Zantiago: Oh, then why are you mad?

Zantiago: OH.. That chopper of your's? Don't worry. It's in safe hand's hah =)

Clan Member2: Oh you made Clan Member1 mad, so now we have to hunt you.

At this point we have already ditched the Ural and are on our way down to pickup our friend from the shore.

We pick him up, and start flying over Cherno and Electro, passing the NWAF a couple of times. Having not seen the other Squad yet we are fairly certain they are on the other side of the map, so we decide to land at the North East Airfield and fill it up.

Halfway through filling it, we see someone saying in Sidechat that a Chopper was spotted toward's the North East Airfield, so we jump in and fly to the other side of the map, and then start thinking.

We should go and get our mate some gear, completely forgetting that we could have put some weps in the chopper when we went to pick him up.

We went up to where I parked the ural, only to see it was gone like we suspected it would be.

We left it so it was ment to be found, as it would stall them in the look for us.

But now we had a problem Yoko said.

We need to refuel this bird, or we wont be airborne for much longer.

And we figured that the safest spot was actually the barn's south west of zelenogorsk.

so we landed it between the barn's there, and our third man went into the wood's to provide some cover with his AKM.

And as he reaches the treeline, we hear a chopper closing in.

SHIT.. they found us, and now they get the jump on us, being airborn, and with nearly unlimited ammo for those Sidegun's, as it was a lot of ammo for them in the ural.

We duck inside the barn, and start waiting.

THAY ARE PARACHUTING down into the forrest I said on Teamspeak.. Oosk, that guy is your's. I only saw one of them Parachute in, but we will get to that later.

I spot arround, not seing anything or hearing anything beyond the noise from the chopper that is circling us constantly.

I then start scanning the horizon and see a head pop up in the middle of the field. PLAYER, west of the big barn, approx 250meter's +- out

I zero down my AS50 and aim below his chest, and take out the first guy by a shot to the head.

One down.. Check your corner's, we don't know how many they are I say. Then suddenly some bullet's start flying by us, and they are coming from the wood's..

Ooski pick's up the tail and comes in to flank from behind and end's up backstabbing one guy.

Being low on ammo he start's crawling over to the dead body to get some other weapon of him.

Then I hear another weapon go off..

I'm DOWN, I'm DOWN Ooski says.

Guy in the woods, southwest of your position. Approx 350+- meters out.

I didn't see him.. I wonder how he got spotted there as he was in the shades, but then I think I remembered the sound of that weapon..

Ah yes.. L85.. Should have known..

The helicopter is closing in and then start's hovering over the big barn..

Yoko, start up the helicopter, so we can bait them into thinking we will try to take off..

Yoko runs to the helicopter and fire's it up,and then runs to the barn again, apparently unspotted. The other helicopter start's putting holes in the unmanned helicopter.

Where are they shooting from? you got a fix on that bird Yoko?

The chopper is hovering above us, I can see it.. Yoko mumble's something about opening fire.

Yoko bring's out his MK48 Mod 0 and slams 50+ round's at the tail of the chopper, and smoke's comming out of it as it flyes off..

PLAYER in the field.. Directly south of us I say.

AS50 goes up, zero is up to 300 and I aim center mass. One shot and he goes down..

He is down..

Yoko: I need help, zombies are swarming me due to the shot's from the LMG, They broke my leg's.. Need help..

Shit, man. I can't help you. Just die and hope for a good spawn, I'll try and keep this sorted.

I type in sidechannel.

Zantiago: So who's next? =) We are having a blast here..

No answer.

Yoko ended up dieing. Ooski died in the wood's.

I was alone agains't a chopper, and god know's how many people on the ground.

And then I sat there, scouting my corner's and hoping for a miracle.

and by god did my prayer's get answered. Apparently they didn't know where I was, because they now came slowly flying in the horizon to the south west, and started hovering there.

I have a clear shot of the chopper gunner.. And I need to take him out, as if I don't, he can parachute down and join the other ground forces.

This shot needed to count, I zero my AS50 to 400, and aim at his feet. I shoot two quick shot's, one hitting his chest, and one in his head, and I quickly sweep right and shoot two shoot's toward the cockpit.. Just to see the pilot dropping dead out of it.. I grinned like I have never done before.

I see the chopper go down, and end burn up in a fireball of flames.

Zantiago: Who's next lad's?

Clan Member2: Clan Member1 is :D

I knew I was dead, as I saw a peripheral dot comming to the right of me(west of the barn)

I open my bag, and drag out my M4A3, flip it to what I thought was full auto.

Aimed at the door as it open's and unload.. Just to figure out to late that it was on Semi auto..

Well shit..

I respawn at kamenka and start heading back..

The flames from the downchopper is lighting up the whole map, making it looking so surreal as the whole forrest is ablaze.

Yoko is right ahead of me, and we are nearly at the crashsite, hoping he wouldn't be able to fly off with the chopper.

Yoko get to the barn, and pick up his gear, and I run into the field to see if the other guy bled out or what happened, i find a body, and me not having any gear i checked him for loot, and then I see the peripheral to my right(south of me), and I knew I was again dead..

Yoko, middle of the field, southwest of you, about 350meter's out..

Yoko waited as I respawned..

I SEE HIM..

He is down..

Good job man, grab the gear you can, and take the chopper down and pick us up...

Yoko came down to Electro, and I was trying to get the gear out of his backpack, and then I found out I couldn't loot it. So I relogged to sort the bug out, and on my way out I hear Yoko going.,. Shit.. SOMEONE AXED ME.. I was like.. WHAT?

I'm dead.. Or wait, I'm just passed out. He is trying to go through my gear..

Which immediately rang a bell with me. AH, he is one of the clan member's.. And I'm struggling to get inside again, and as I get in, he has flown of with the chopper.

I loot Yoko's body and find 3 NVG's, MK48 Mod 0, take the gear I need, and head off to group with the rest.

We still laugh about Yoko being our Heli watch dog while I am reloading the game, and ending up getting axed.

All in all we were satisfied by the night's action.

Recap: We found an ATV, stayed at Green Mountain for 30mins, Stole a URAL, Stole a Chopper.

Played hide and seek with the former owner's of it, and ended up in a firefight that lasted nearly 45minutes.

3vs6 and we ended up becomming the victor in term's of lost equipment..

You know why?

P'sst

We found the chopper the axe maniac stole just the day after, and we took it back! And it still had my gear in it.

I apologize for any and all grammatical error's and poor formatting.

I just felt the bandit forum needed a tad new refreshing story.

showing people it's still possible to have a lot of fun in DayZ, even if it's on a private Hive, and it doesn't involve any duped gear, or hacks.

The people we fought turned out to be poor sport's when we thanked them for a great evening.

But we later got to talk with them, and thing's were seemingly ok.

And we still play a bit on the server.

Interrested in rolling with us one day?

Send me a PM, and I can check if our schedule matches yours.

-Zantiago of U.B.C.S.

Edited by U.B.C.S. Zantiago
  • Like 4

Seeing as how I am pulling another 16 hour shift at work and it's 2:27 my time, i enjoyed the story.

That really is a great feeling when you fight out-gunned and out-numbered yet win! Sounds like it was a fun night.

• Like 1

Seeing as how I am pulling another 16 hour shift at work and it's 2:27 my time, i enjoyed the story.

That really is a great feeling when you fight out-gunned and out-numbered yet win! Sounds like it was a fun night.

It was indeed an outstanding night :)

and thank you for reading the whole story. Appreciate it :)