Nelorzoul

Daytime Only Server?

Does anyone know of any daytime only servers? Preferably US. A friend and I are just getting into the game and, unfortunately, the time we have available to play is pretty much always at night, which sucks for us. That being said, we'd like a server that has perm. daytime so that we can get to understand the game a bit before being stuck playing in the dark 90% of the time.

Not possible - You're just going to have to live with the day/night transition or find a server that has daytime during your playing hours. Server admins are allowed to change the timezone for their server as they please.

There are no daytime only servers, some US servers run at different times to the timezones they are in so have a look around; a few have it in their names but try trial and error joining them and checking.

i know how you feel mate, i live in scandinavia, so it's always night time when i want to play after work.

So we are currently playing on us servers, meaning you can do the same, and play on european servers, preferably swedish/norwegian servers, they all speak english there so no worries on that, and they seem alot more friendly than people on us servers.

No offense

Dayzdevteam needs to do something about the nights being so long and dark. 5x time acceleration would help a lot (2 hours day, 1 hour dusk/dawn, 1 hour night).

With 96701, the nights are now sometimes 99% pitch black for me (Gamma 1.0 Brightness 0.9). This may or may not be a bug, but I could just as well turn off my monitor.

With everyone playing on intercontinental or timezone-tweaked servers, I'd say the "realistic nights experiment" has, for now, failed. I grew up in the countryside and I know that nights can be dark, especially with no light pollution; but just like you can cure your broken ankle with a shot of morphine for the sake of playability, in this anti-game, the nights might as well be brighter and/or shorter.

No such thing as daytime only servers, but there are plenty with offset timezones. Mine is set to GMT -11 so it's generally daylight for a lot of the US nighttime hours. It's located in Texas too :)

No such thing as daytime only servers' date=' but there are plenty with offset timezones. Mine is set to GMT -11 so it's generally daylight for a lot of the US nighttime hours. It's located in Texas too :)

[/quote']

Hate to break it to you, but there are daytime only servers. They just don't announce it. You have to find them.

Ah I see. So the consensus is that servers with offset timezones are the way to go. Thanks for the heads up guys!

Dayzdevteam needs to do something about the nights being so long and dark. 5x time acceleration would help a lot (2 hours day' date=' 1 hour dusk/dawn, 1 hour night).

With 96701, the nights are now sometimes 99% pitch black for me (Gamma 1.0 Brightness 0.9). This may or may not be a bug, but I could just as well turn off my monitor.

With everyone playing on intercontinental or timezone-tweaked servers, I'd say the "realistic nights experiment" has, for now, failed. I grew up in the countryside and I know that nights can be dark, especially with no light pollution; but just like you can cure your broken ankle with a shot of morphine for the sake of playability, in this anti-game, the nights might as well be brighter and/or shorter.

[/quote']

The 24 hour server time cycle isn't a Dayz feature, it's an inherent limitation of ARMA 2. You can't accelerate the day/night cycle.

On several occasions rocket made clear that meddling with server time (i.e. somehow freezing it, or resetting the server time always back to day) would mess with the whole spawning system.

i agree that night-time is not really a good situation to start exploring dayZ (especially when you also have no experience with ARMA II and the chernarus geography in general), but i guess the only thing you can do about it at the moment is to voice your opinion on suggestion threads for dayZ ideas/updates (like brighter nights and the like. there shuold be a lot of those around in the suggestion board?).

when i logged in to dayZ for the first time it was almost dark, i was confused and frightened, the eerie soundtrack and the soothing sounds of the waves made it even harder to orient oneself. the server had some friendly people on who helped me with first timer tipps on the SIDE chat channel, most suggested searching a day-time server, but in the end i spent almost 4 hours running through complete darkness, scared and confused.. and loved it :)

anyway... as some others already mentioned, there are some servers who have a normal day/night cycle, just with the time shifted.. if you are american, try european servers if you can get a decent ping (i am from europe and i can get ok pings to US servers).

good luck!