Sign in to follow this  
ANGRYVOICES

dayz college project

Im hoping to write a paper for one of my classes about how much people work together or kill each other in dayz as a function of resources available. I have a feeling if food and resources are scarce theres less team work. so im looking to find out the rate of resource spawning versus number of murders and average life span for different builds with variations in resource availibility. Any ideas on how i could get this information from developers? i dont want to just pm them and be irritating so im hoping they will see this and contact me but suggestions are appreciated.

I went to college once got kicked out of class for being drunk and trying to solve a math problem to no avail joined the army and found more people to drink with.

• Like 5

Just let me wipe my screen for a sec..

Ok there was a post a while back that had some serious ass stats going on. Probably not all you would hope for but definitely would be a kickstarter. Search word STATISTICS maybe ?

In all honesty i don't know if resources less/more has/would made/make a difference. A better feel would be ..game growing in popularity versus team up chances. Spawn with weapon v no weapon spawn team up chances.

If there was only one axe and one tin of beanz per server then that dude with the axe is going to nail everyone he can to try and get the beanz. Versus unlimited axes and an unlimited can of beanz. Most people still more than likely going to nail everyone even though they are not hungry and have no chance of running out of beanz, ever. Wait up..that's where we are ;)

Go to the beginning of the mod and it was a different story to what it was before it got mega popular. Nevertheless, hope you get some results, could be interesting :)

Thank you for the advice.Btw i was in the marines and im done drinking my life away and am now trying to make something of it when im not being murdered for my beanz. I only got into dayz a few months ago but i remembered reading about the bean waars starting when food got less common and the easing up when it returned which is what gave me the idea for a paper for my gayer than aids human relations class. the teacher likes to think the world is all smiles and rainbows i like to point out the darker side.

• Like 1

From my experience the less resource available the more cooperation displayed, especially if the vehicle count is high, side chat is active and admins are keeping hackers to a minimum. Private hive Takistan servers are a great example of this but they are rare as chicken lips now due to being boring as bat shit. Dayz is a great study in human nature but the variables are going to keep you guessing.

Thank you for the advice.Btw i was in the marines and im done drinking my life away and am now trying to make something of it when im not being murdered for my beanz. I only got into dayz a few months ago but i remembered reading about the bean waars starting when food got less common and the easing up when it returned which is what gave me the idea for a paper for my gayer than aids human relations class. the teacher likes to think the world is all smiles and rainbows i like to point out the darker side.

That a kid use that G.I. bill I still cant go to class even if it means a paycheck to many libs

I only have one class with civis in it. I'm doing a flight school program that is almost 100% ex mil. Tragically I needed a humanities...

I only have one class with civis in it. I'm doing a flight school program that is almost 100% ex mil. Tragically I needed a humanities...

Haha nice good luck on Flight school is it fixed wing? I personally cant even go into the supermarket anymore without getting pissed off at civis doesnt help that I find myself driving down the middle of the road and running stop signs plenty.

Edited by Steak and Potatoes
  • Like 1

I'm doing rotary wing. Are you fresh back from a deployment? I had that issue for the first couple months but I'm so much happier as a civi now that it blunts the irritation of them. Although the unprofessionalism of students and coworkers does still get to me...