mcdonald77

Finally fought back, still died.

I've been playing Dayz for about a month now. Countless times I encounter others and get shot with out notice, or sniped from afar when I have no weapons. Today I was in the fire house in cherno. I kept hearing shots being fired close by. I asked more then once if they were friendly and that I could hear them, but did not disclose my location. The back door opens and in walks a survivor. Im tired of getting killed and gave ample warning so I opened fire. We both emptied our pistols but he was faster on the reload. Before I die I start moving while shooting to do more damage. He killed me but I am pretty sure I at least broke his leg. Crappy thing is I had a nice 870 shotgun but when I entered the firehouse I swaped it for an akm, then noticed I had no ammo afer going upstairs. When I came down the 870 was gone.

On the flip side, I did tell him there was a morphine pen in my pack if he was able to move. Later in the day I was able to get a hold of some silenced weapons so ill still give an audible and text warning, but let the bodies hit the floor!

• Like 1

Ouch man, in city loot places always cause awkward gun fights, kinda one of the things that makes DayZ fun, good luck in the future dude

thanks guys, after getting back in game, I found as much food and water as I could and headed far north of the map. Stumbled on a tent in BFE, between some pin trees PAYDIRT, now i just need to keep my newly aquired weapons and gear. I still wont shoot with out warning but damn am I paranoid now. A silenced rifle and pistol were my scores along with other spoils. I reallty hope there not hacked weapons, is there a way to tell?

thanks guys, after getting back in game, I found as much food and water as I could and headed far north of the map. Stumbled on a tent in BFE, between some pin trees PAYDIRT, now i just need to keep my newly aquired weapons and gear. I still wont shoot with out warning but damn am I paranoid now. A silenced rifle and pistol were my scores along with other spoils. I reallty hope there not hacked weapons, is there a way to tell?

Even if they were, they're not some overpowered weapons that give you an unfair advantage, so enjoy them, I say, unless you know for certain they were hacked in.

Even if they were, they're not some overpowered weapons that give you an unfair advantage, so enjoy them, I say, unless you know for certain they were hacked in.

ohh im going to enjoy them, the tent had good weapons and not a shit load of everything so I think im good. I need to play some regular arma to brush up on my shooting skills, its not like BF3.

well shit, had a great time playing tonight. I was near the NE airfield and my partner on the south west corner. We met up after a long run. I give him an aks-74 and a silenced pistol and I keep the stanag SD. We run around gunning like mad men, zombies only. I run it to a pine tree for cover with zombies on my ass. I get in the tree and fall over unconcious. When I wake I fall over again with broke bones and die. I respawn and my partner stays with my body. I get there take my pack, start transfering some items and an f-ing server restart. Stanag SD (the great white buffulo) the one that got away. I log back in shortly after to find I still have my alice pack, no SD stanag or ammo. I have an akm and no ammo with other assorted bits!

I know whats its like to fall in love and have that love ripped from your hands. Im gonna cry myself to sleep tonight!

I had an interesting hacker day. We were playing a low pop private server and decide to get in an official with more pop. Almost get in to US 303 dallas but I read on here it was full of hackers. I pick another (us 1242, I think) with about 8 people. We spawn near berezino and hit the west airfield and then at we make way to dolan. My partner is in a building and I hear "do you play modern warefare 3" kept saying it over. He had a m4 helo. I tell my friend in team speak and go to talk to this guy and he lights me up. I had pretty much everything m4 cco sd, 1911, nv, range all the crap. I respawn on the cape near BFE. I see a heli taking off infront of me and getting blown up, another heli appears. Im thinking shit, I lost my gear to hackers. Im a fresh bambi and the guy walks up and says didnt I just kill you. I said yea, I tried to talk but hit the wrong key. He said sorry and dropped a box at my feet. A box with everything. I grab just about everythnig I had when killed and he says to take the heli and if I die he will get me another. I take off and of course boom I go. I did survive even to his amazement. after I heal up with bandages and meat he leaves another heli (he spawns a boar and says shoot it, I do and the heli appears. I was about to get in and fly off, but thought if stuck around they will kill me again. I didnt quiet get all the gear I had, but I log out anyways. check in another server and still had the gear. I did not manage to get the NV back because I was in a hurry.

Edited by mcdonald77

lol glad to see you're enjoying the game. i'm sure most of us have been in that situation where a hacker is like, "here, merry christmas" and against better judgement most of us have taken whatever we could out of that box of miracles.

While i can totally understand the temptation to take items from one of these friendly (Lonely) hackers, My own policy is to politely explain that i have no desire for hacked in gear and just walk away/run like hell.

If people continue to massage their ego's by accepting these gifts it just helps them to justify their actions.

Edited by Fluxley58

I had one of those hacker deals the other day. I was in the store in Electro, hear some gunfire so I crouched down in the corner and some guy just appears in the middle of the store and shoots me. I respawn and he drives up in a shiny red car. I figure what the hell, I get in and we teleport to the middle of nowhere. The guy gets out and drops 10 - 15 crates full of weapons and ammo. I'm thinking great, stupid hacker. I might have actually grabbed one if there had been an L85. I don't take anything so the guy kills me again. lol

Happens man, at least you gave them fair warning. I see to many people that just open up on everything that moves.