Lee-Vilayer

New Lingor Version!

Hello everyone,

As i am sure you all know, the current Lingor version is outdated and is currently not functioning on BLISS or Other forms of server side code.

I have already re-done Lingor and it will be released on DayZ Commander tonight.

V1.0 will be a merge of the current code with the latest client side DayZ 1.7.2.6. Before i go any further i wanted to Thanks! to Rocket and the original developer of Lingor for all their work.

We have permission from the map maker IceBreakr ( www.icebreakr.info ), I also wanted to thank him for his great work!

The current Lingor release has not been modified in awhile and the owner of the code has vanished so it seems.

The only reason as to why we are doing this is because we can-not get in touch with the developer of DayZ Lingor.

I'll release the download for the keys on here and they will be released on BLISS as well.

Edited by Lee-Vilayer
  • Like 1

Did you not learn Lee...? Not being able to get in touch with the original creator, doesn't mean you're automatically authorized to modify it (im talking about the spawn points code.. and all this stuff.. not about DayZ or the map itself). On the other side, i hope you contacted the map creator this time (and yes.. he's the same creator of Panthera).

• Like 1

Well Walker,

I am not doing this because i think i should do it.

I am doing this because the CURRENT Lingor release is dead in the water, it's not functioning correctly.

Also, yes i do have full map makers permission of which the original Lingor developer never did.

Also, I spoke with the maker of Bliss and he requested that we do so + the 1000s of users who have also requested that we do this so it fixes the problems.

Whats the options we have here?

So we don't release a new version of which then Lingor wont work anymore?

We have to make massive work arounds in the server side code to get it to work?

We do nothing and let it die?

I am yet to try and understand your negative aspect on things and have no clue why you would want to keep and old, outdated version which will never be updated because the original developer of DayZ Lingor isn't working on it anymore.

Edited by Lee-Vilayer
  • Like 3

My Link,

Can you please try and goto www.dayzlingor.tk ? ( You will see it's offline and i don't quite fancy bidding on the US presidential elections or getting a green card today )

That will answer your first question

For your second question,

I have released all server files and server keys to BLISS for them to release it to you.

I have said this 1000 times!

Thanks!

Edited by Lee-Vilayer
  • Like 1

Lee, i do not have anything to earn or to loose as normal player.. my toughts are:

1) Yes Lingor (development) died.. but the map is working fine and is played by many users (it's the most played map, if we exclude chernarus). If you create your own version now, you're going to divide (again) che community. I'm sure the original developer won't care at all honestly.. he "hacked" it, so that's not the problem, but the different versions will create a division. My suggestion is to: RELEASE the new files to the public, so who's running his own server can upgrade.

2) I'm not sure, from your answer, if you contacted the creator of the map.. did you get authorized by IceBreakr this time? The original lingor.tk developers did not because they weren't making money of it (yes they tried.. but failed.. so it's the past) and all the servers out here are "free", but if you want to advertise your servers using Lingor map i think (MY OPINION) that you should ask him first.

If you follow these two steps im sure that NONE here will have to say anything.. in fact we're not against your business, we're interested to the community (well.. me at least).

Also if you both read my first post,

We've tried now for 2 months to contact to the owner of DayZLingor without any form of response.

Can't say i havn't tried there.

WalkerDown,

As i have already said the files are getting released to BLISS and DayZ Commander.

If you want as well i'll release a download on here too.

Again Walker what do i have to say i have full permission from the original map creator ICEBREAKR and have had permission days now!

Edited by Lee-Vilayer

Also if you both read my first post,

We've tried now for 2 months to contact to the owner of DayZLingor without any form of response.

Can't say i havn't tried there.

i have invite you in skype in the admin chat with the lingor creator

Not realy smart to say bullshit to mess buddies.

speaking of permission:

Hi Ivan & Rocket!

Your team has a "blessing" to incorporate mission into all of my islands: Panthera, Isla Duala, Lingor and Jade Groove.

http://SSMaker.ru/de614224.png

also, dayz lingor runs awesome on mods original dlls, which is not spread to everybody

cool shit man, im looking forward to this. hopefully this will fix my no zombie spawns and broken bandage issue.

We got succesfully in contact with PARTYzan the original creator of DayzLingor. As the map maker is currently very busy he is unable to make major modifications to the mod DayZ Lingor and has given Lee full permission to release a new version of the mod that will fully support all the latest server side code and fix most of the issues.

Edited by MrSherenai

We got succesfully in contact with PARTYzan the original creator of DayzLingor. As the map maker is currently very busy he is unable to make major modifications to the mod DayZ Lingor and has given Lee full permission to release a new version of the mod that will fully support all the latest server side code and fix most of the issues.

yeah, i can trust this, i was in the chat with the guys

Seriously, I don't understand why anyone is whining about a guy who is fixing a mod just because he doesn't have "permission". By this logic, you should rage and complain at every mod maker out there because they're modifying a game without permission from the game makers. >>"

Everyone knows he's not the original creator of it, he's just updating it to work correctly. ~~"

Edited by King Scuba

Hello everyone,

I've finished with the new version, Here is all the lovely download links for you guys.

Client Side

http://www.vilayer.com/@DayZLingor.rar - MAIN MOD FOLDER

Server side

http://www.vilayer.com/vilayer_lingor.bikey - MAIN MOD KEY

Mission File and Server Files - BLISS UPDATE WILL BE RELEASED OVER THE WEEKEND

http://www.vilayer.com/lingormissionandserverfiles.rar

Please note...

I have not packaged the mission or the server files so you can all adapt it to your current server environment!

This is going to be released on DayZ Commander shortly and i hope that resolves all the Lingor issues for now :)

Thanks everyone for your continued support!

Seriously, I don't understand why anyone is whining about a guy who is fixing a mod just because he doesn't have "permission".

None is "whining" about anything.. we're trying to not divide the community (as it happened initally with Panthera): if you create a "closed" version of a mod already out, there will be TWO mod circulating (with no difference for the final users) that will be uncompatible. This is why we asked (Vilayer.. but it can be anyone) to arrange these modifications with the original creators, so there will be ONE version for anyone, and it will be open: any server (even outside the vilayer network) can download and use it. The map issue is another matter (it was about the commercial license...).

Vilayer is free to release (close) its own map of course.. in example if they hire a map creator and modder they can create a exclusive vilayer map and have any right on it (none would be against it). So that's the full story.. and it looks like there won't be any problem in the future.. so no more "drama".

I have to say.... there should be nothing but praise for Lee and all of the guys working with DayZPlanet to bring some continuity to this MOD.

There is not any money being made by doing all of the work that these guys are doing.

Anyone who complains about what these guys are doing for DayZ should be removed from the forums for being a troll.

Indeed no drama i hope,

Again to let everyone know, I didn't fully realize the implications of not releasing the keys fully to the community. I was waiting until we could get a better more secure version of the HIVE-EXT before doing so.

My idea is very simple, to bring back the original DayZ with another public hive that everyone can connect to.

Anyhow all resolved now, you all have the keys if i can help anyone out at all PLEASE JUST LET ME KNOW and i'll do my best to help you out :)

I am all about people having a good time at the end of the day :)

Lets all just enjoy the game :)

• Like 1

I have to say.... there should be nothing but praise for Lee and all of the guys working with DayZPlanet to bring some continuity to this MOD.

There is not any money being made by doing all of the work that these guys are doing.

Anyone who complains about what these guys are doing for DayZ should be removed from the forums for being a troll.

I'll have to disagree. The CEO of vilayer released a fix for a service his company provides. This acts as several items all at once. It gets him recognition for those who know. He is showing he cares his customers have properly working services. I can see no downsides to what he's done. It's nothing but a win win situation.

Edited by King Scuba

I have already re-done Lingor and it will be released on DayZ Commander tonight.

Hey, I really hate to be "that guy" ... but I'm just curious if this is still on for release "tonight?" I understand if there's delays I'm just trying to give the angry masses a little hope of when our Lingor server will be back up. (I know ... you'd think I could just go back to Bliss 3.5 right? Well our provider doesn't give us access to bliss.ini ... cause who would ever need that ... and survival servers doesn't seem to think that having your server totally broken is a real high priority.)

Hello Caribean,

Are you having issues with downloading the client side? It will be released on DayZ Commander tonight but as for when it gets released on Bliss is another question.

Can you ask your server provider to add me to skype.

lee.netarus

I'll give him a hand if he would like updating all previous installations.

Cheers!