Sign in to follow this  
m.drake@hotmail.co.uk

Terrible, TERRIBLE lag issues. Help!

Hi there. My computer is capable of running games like Battlefield 3 and Arma II, and has been for a while now, but it is incapable of getting more than 3FPS on DayZ.

My specs are -

AMD Phenom II X3 720 @ 2.8GHz (6.6 System Rating)

4GB Ram (7.4 Rating)

AMD Radeon HD 6670 (Pixel Shader version 5.0, Vertex Shader version 5.0 , Dedicated Video RAM 2.1 GB, 6.6 Rating)

Not the best PC, but i don't see why it is running so badly.

I've turned everything down, resolution, graphics are down to the bare minimum, i've changed the ARMA II CFG file (Where you change something from 1000)

Still no change. I could run this game at the same FPS with the settings cranked to their max.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

May have something to do with your internet or the server you've been playing on? Have you tryed diffrent servers?

Edited by Gortias

Internet is fibre optic running at 30Mb/s.

No, actually, i haven't on a differant server. I didn't think it'd make a differance. What should i look out for to make sure i'm joining a server that works?

Well make sure you're not getting terrible high ping and it's not loaded with people. Because at times those can factor into low fps problems. Location of the server can also directly relate to it

Internet is fibre optic running at 30Mb/s.

No, actually, i haven't on a differant server. I didn't think it'd make a differance. What should i look out for to make sure i'm joining a server that works?

Some servers are really f-ed up and mess up your FPS for some reason (lower it constantly). Simply join a different server.

Also had fps problems with this game and i can run any game that's out at this point at highest settings so there's pretty much something wrong with the engine , but here's something what helped me out.

I putted al graphic settings to normal ( still on 1920*1080 , so the game still looks nice) and make sure antialiasing is turned off for some reason i won +40 fps with that.

There does seem to be something server-side going on. On some servers I get a hideous slideshow at minimum settings across the board. On others I can run it at high settings perfectly smoothly.

Try a couple of different servers.

People play on my server world-wide with pings from 60 to 450, and have no lag issues. Definitely a server issue.

• Like 1