Sign in to follow this  
script

Stuck as a male forever?

So, I haven't had DayZ very long, and I haven't been able to play very much either. But I've already had a glitch/error... :/

When I joined my first server, it prompted me to select my gender. I attempted to click female (since I am a female xD), but the game froze and "dull screened" then crashed. The next time I joined, it no longer prompted me for my gender and it seems it has auto-selected male for me...

Is there no way for me to change this, at all? :(

• Like 1

You need to kill yourself. You then have the 'Select gender' option. If this helped, Beans are appreciated :)

• Like 1

please note that the skins camo and ghillie do not work on female toons ...unless this was fixed and in that case disregard entirely, I have been gone awhile lol.

Yeah, kill yourself (in-game) and just reselect your gender.

That worked! Well, I was killed- not by myself, but it worked at least! Thanks guys!!

And yay for more girls! My daughter and I play together under this name and I will feed myself to a zombie before playing as a stinky boy ;)

• Like 2

Like Puppetmaster said, You should be aware that Ghille suits and camo suits do not work with the females skins yet.

Edited by MasterMind

I decided to try playing in a girl avatar because I got tired of watching some random dude's butt (I use 3rd person a lot). Then I found a bunch of loot. Good stuff, including a ghillie. Alas, it appears that I can't use it.

So when is that scheduled for a fix?

I usually play as a female because it just feels natural but sometimes the game just ignores my wishes and make me male. I don't mind either way really. As long as I get to run around the hills singing The Hills Alive With the Sound of Music, I'm happy. :thumbsup:

• Like 1