Sign in to follow this  
lappihuan

Bullet Proof West

IDK about the experience level of British/Aus/NZ/etc. contributors (no offense) but here's a breakdown of some of what you can find in the US, and what might make sense to include:

NIJ type IIIA vest - proof against handguns and shotguns.

NIJ type IV Ceramic plates - proof against rifle rounds up to .30-06 AP.

Modern IIIA vests honestly aren't that cumbersome. A plate carrier, on the other hand, can weigh up to 20lb easily.

Thirst, food, speed penalties for the PC, maybe reduced non-pack inventory capacity; no penalties for the IIIA vest. Torso bonuses only, if the engine allows - legs, head still vulnerable. Pain and shock if hit, even without blood loss, for either setup.

Note that all the player models are already depicted as wearing plate carriers anyhow....

Maybe a 1k damage reduction for the IIIA vest, 5k damage reduction for the level IV SAPI plate carrier?

Just my humble opinion.

I like this idea. I also like the idea that the vests/armor/helmet (whatever the protection may be) degrades with each attack (whether or not the player wearing them lives). So if you have a vest and get shot, the "health" of the armor goes down as does the protection it provides eventually becomes useless.

That being said, I think it would be nice to be able to have some skill sets (which I am sure has been discussed before). Not skill points, but ones that gradually go up slowly over use and or time. Such as being able to repair a vest a bit but never completely.

For authenticity sake, I would imagine that surviving in a zombie infested world of my own I would pick up some survivalist/repairing/field doctor/marksman ect skills so that I can live even a bit longer.

better a west with anticheat!

I don't want to see more hackers with a bulletproof west.lol

otherwise they have it already in their stupid god-imbecil-mode:)

or very very fast one out-of game quit klick to very very very fast go out of game before the stupid hacker:) is able to shoot you down, this hackin bitch.