Sign in to follow this  
WarpNinja

How do you approach other players?

After talking with some people from the community i've realised a lot of people out there don't shoot on sight, however everyone i come across seems to shoot first and ask questions later. this idea of shooting a player on sight seems to be commonplace among a lot of players, to this end shooting players is no longer really seen as banditry. i know if i'm playing with friends and we see another player we will either try to avoid them or maybe have to shoot them, but we will only fire if fired upon. my question is, do you feel shooting another player should be seen as a bad act or should just be taken as everyday life in DayZ? thoughts and views are much appreciated.

I don't. If I see another player and he sees me I back off and he normaly does the same. I want to approach people but I need to get my headset first.

Hey, shooting people on sight is one of the safest things to do, but not the best way to survive. If you want to get somewhere but you cannot avoid a encounter, and also maybe get a new friend and more loot. When you see a person in the distance (most likely to work in a forest) you hide and wait for the guy to get close then speak to him and warn him to drop his gun and walk away from it. Then you show yourself and warn him if they do something wrong you will shoot them. Then you can ask him to join you or just tell him stay away from his gun untill you are out of sight. Now if the person doesn't put his gun down shoot his legs then stop the bleeding then aim all guns at his head and loot his bag at the same time. Afterwards you loot the bag give him morphine then blot for it. This is a nicer way to get loot and also to say DON'T MESS WITH ME

Hey, shooting people on sight is one of the safest things to do, but not the best way to survive. If you want to get somewhere but you cannot avoid a encounter, and also maybe get a new friend and more loot. When you see a person in the distance (most likely to work in a forest) you hide and wait for the guy to get close then speak to him and warn him to drop his gun and walk away from it. Then you show yourself and warn him if they do something wrong you will shoot them. Then you can ask him to join you or just tell him stay away from his gun untill you are out of sight. Now if the person doesn't put his gun down shoot his legs then stop the bleeding then aim all guns at his head and loot his bag at the same time. Afterwards you loot the bag give him morphine then blot for it. This is a nicer way to get loot and also to say DON'T MESS WITH ME

this sounds much like frankieonPC1080p's style of play

If it's a Bandit I usually shoot unlesss he says something that greatly changes my decision.

survivor it a half and half

hero almost never shoot

Hmmm...

When i started out i always tried to approach other players and i was trusting (witch got me killed alot) and i really dident understand why people would shoot me even thou i was unarmed. now i've seen some of the shit that goes down in DayZ combined with the fact that i myself began to get good gear and now i understand why all thoose people shot me on sight. It's just not worth the risk of losing what usually amounts to a lot of hour's worth of gaming to say hi to somebody so they can shoot u in the back and loot your hard earned gear ;)

And after giving it some thought i would say that if this really was a zombie apocolypse there would be people that kill each other over different stuff wouldent there? let's face it, this game's core is about survival and if my survival depends on your death, buddy ... you're going down ;)

Dunno if i think u should have hero / bandit skins. again if this was irl there wouldent be a nice little badge on people warning u of dangerous content would there?

Right know my personal policy is KOS unless the other player does or says something to change it, found that this keeps me alive longer :)

Edited by sjodt