MrCleanIsDirty

Dog Pouches!

Dog Pouches Poll  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Add Dog Pouches to DayZ?

• Yes
    • No

I was taking my dog Zoi for a walk, letting my mind wander and I suddenly had an idea, what if you can add collar pouches onto the dogs in the upcoming update. That would be awesome. Here are some ideas for the specifications about it.

-You could only find them in supermarkets ( just like bear traps only spawn in barns ), they would be a bit more common than the bear traps but still be a bit rare.

-It would take up maybe two or three slots in your inventory.

-It could hold 6 items ( food, drink, extra ammo, medical supplies, notes maybe? )

-Maybe you could place a GPS inside one of the slots which will allow you to give a command to send the dog off to some coordinates.

-Maybe you could place a satchel charge inside one of the slots and use it as a dog suicide bomber which could kill groups of people and vehicles.

-This isn't really related to this topic but maybe there could be mini Kevlar vests that can let the dog take less damage from shots.

These are some of the ideas I had and just had to share. Post your opinion, every opinion counts, even if it's dissing my opinions and ideas, I don't care.

Edited by MrCleanIsDirty
  • Like 5

If this was added you would have to make it yourself, it would take time, but overall -if dogs are added- it's not a horrible idea.

EDIT: The dog would not be effective in attacking someone while being a pack mule, however.

Edited by thebirdolux

-Maybe you could place a satchel charge inside one of the slots and use it as a dog suicide bomber which could kill groups of people and vehicles.

NOT THIS.

Every dog would be KOS if this were implemented.

Unless dogs with satchel charges automatically got a Keffiyeh (headscarf) so as to be easily recognized, like a bandit skin.

• Like 1

dogs will be KOS any way, so using them as bombs wouldn't be too bad, i do like the idea, maybe convert the chezk vest pack for dogs seeing as no one uses it as it is :D, and it looks like it would wuit well as a doggy bag .

• Like 1

i think it would be fun, but it would defete some of the realism and if your not going for realistic there are thousands of ideas that are better. maybe some parts can work but i dont think having aggresive pets in a zombie appocolypse would reflect the most on realism. i agree there should be dogs/wolves but just not at your pet or suicide bomber

I can just imagine a guy running along the road and going OH look a cute little puppy! Then getting killed by a satchel bomb on the dog.......

I am neutral to this idea.

I don't think it's necessary, and there are some chances that it will make game not better, but worse.

So i put +0

SheriffHD I thought that's what the Czech breast pouch was going to be for. Tiz bloody useless just now.

I'm all for making the hounds carry dangerous explosives, but how are they supposed to trigger the detonator?!

You could have a long piece of string tied to the pin of a grenade, and you hold one end.....

• Like 1

Dog pouch is useless, that's what i think.

DayZ won't be worse without it.

But can be worse with it.

i don't like the idea of suicide bomber dogs, but the pouch idea is good.

the GPS wouldn't work, since it can't talk to the dog