Sign in to follow this  
Acesdlx

Will there be an update (1.7.3 or 1.7.2.7) before Standalone releases ?

Will there be an update (1.7.3 or 1.7.2.7) before Standalone releases ?

Can you help me? Its getting boring !!

Doubtful, most of the issues with the mod cannot be fixed.

I simply could not stand to play anymore. Too many cheaters and no way to fix it. Closed my server and am going to WarZ until DayZ is released as a standalone.

There will probably be another update till the standallone comes out. I mean the update 1.7.3 with dogs is ready since gamescom. I see no reason why to not just release it.

Edited by Legacy

Have you tried a private hive server ... I am currently playing on one and im having a blast again.

Agreed THanks to Ventos and DayzRedux.

Have you tried a private hive server ... I am currently playing on one and im having a blast again.

Yea is a total fresh start and I loving gearing up, plus there is less likely to be hackers on the pvt hive servers.

Screw the mod at this point. Given the enormous vulnerabilities that the mod possesses any time spent on it's development is a lost opportunity. The standalone needs to launch with a bang not a whimper after the enormous damage inflicted by scripting.

Sure half the community will end up hating rocket and the dev staff for not continuing to support the mod but you really can't please everyone. Those who are rational can see that the mod just isn't good enough framework for this game, dropping it is the right thing.

Yea is a total fresh start and I loving gearing up, plus there is less likely to be hackers on the pvt hive servers.

Indeed, private hives with decent admins seems like the best way to go. My "centrally" connected character was hacked within days after starting to play the game and hasn't been the same since, odd stuff when I finally manage to connect. Though, some good came out of it, I found these guys who run a great private hive http://bmrf.me/vbforums/forum.php

Edited by RoKBoTs