Sign in to follow this  
Imafighter

M107 or AS50?

Which do you prefer using? Not going to put a poll because I want people to state why they prefer using the one they're using.

I like the M107, personally, because being shot at with it can be a surprise, and something that might scare somewhat new players of DayZ. I also like it because ammo is much more common, and...well, I just prefer it over the AS50. Because I'm not a big fan of player killing.

AS50 can use M107 bullets, although the weapon characteristics become almost the same as the M107 at that point.

The AS50 is quieter to zombies and with AS50 ammo it does more damage to vehicles. Definitely AS50.

AS50 is definitely less rare too. It is harder to get one from a spawn but easy to find one on a sniper near cherno or elektro.

Edited by GenTronSeven

Anyone that prefers an M107 to an AS50 has not had an AS50.

The AS50 can use M107 mags for equal damage, it can use NATO rounds to immobilise vehicles in one shot, it is whisper quiet compared to the M107 and even some rifles (especially to players) and blocks less of the screen.

Why would you want an M107 over it? That's like choosing an M9 over a PDW.

Edit: Ninja'd.

Edited by Guest

I was a big fan of the M107 for the reasons you stated above, but the first time you shoot down a chopper with a single AS50 nato round shot you know which rifle is better.